Restoration Shaman Leveling Guide From 1 to 80 for WotLK Classic
Level by Level Rotation, Talents, and Trainer Skills
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
Leveling Talent Tree & Build
Your first talent unlocks at Level 10.
These talents will allow you to be as good of a healer as possible, and are optimal for group play. We recommend the use of a different specialization if you intend to solo level.
In Wrath you will be able to unlock Glyphs that improve your abilities at the following levels:
- Level 15 unlocks your first Major and Minor Glyphs;
- Level 30 unlocks your second Major Glyph;
- Level 50 unlocks your second Minor Glyph;
- Level 70 unlocks your third Minor Glyph;
- Level 80 unlocks your third Major Glyph.
As a leveling Restoration Shaman you will want to eventually be using Glyph of Lesser Healing Wave and Glyph of Earth Shield. As these glyphs require Earth Shield to function, use Glyph of Healing Wave and Glyph of Healing Stream Totem in the early part of your leveling. The final major glyph is only unlocked at Level 80, at which point you should swap to an end-game build.
Unlike the other specializations, Restoration is meant to be played in a group setting, typically while leveling through dungeons. The rotation below is made with that in mind and details your healing rotation at any given level, which you can adjust with the level slider at the start of the guide.
- Make sure Water Shield is active on you at all times for the extra Mana regeneration.
- Make sure Earth Shield is active on a tank for extra healing.
- Place down your support totems, such as Strength of Earth Totem.
- Place down your support totems, such as Strength of Earth Totem. Remember to use Mana Tide Totem whenever you can make use of extra Mana, as well.
- Use Riptide on cooldown on the tank and other players taking consistent damage.
- Heal area-of-effect damage with Chain Heal.
- Heal area-of-effect damage with Chain Heal, using it on a player with Riptide if damage intake is high.
- Heal single-target damage with Healing Wave or Lesser Healing Wave, and remember you can use Nature's Swiftness in an emergency.
- Heal single-target damage with Healing Wave or Lesser Healing Wave if your target will die before the cast finishes.
- Heal single-target damage with Healing Wave.
List of Trainer Skills to Buy
Buying everything is, essentially, the way to go, as spell costs are quite low and all of them have uses, even if small ones.
If you are doing a completely new character and want to save as much gold as you can for your mounts, you can opt to buy only the recommended skills for the rotation in the section above.
Restoration Shaman Macros and Addons
By setting yourself up with an upgraded user interface and macros from the get-go, you will make your leveling process much easier. Check out our Restoration Shaman Macros and Addons guides in the link below for the full list.
Restoration Shaman Quests and Weapons
While leveling, you will need to keep your eyes peeled for weapon opportunities. You will also need to complete various class quests for the baseline totems which allow you to use key totems for Restoration, such as Mana Spring Totem. To help you with that, we have made two dedicated guides.
How to keep evolving your Restoration Shaman at Level 80
Some of the most relevant pages to dive deeper into are:
- The Restoration Shaman Talent builds guide has multiple builds for Healing Shamans;
- Our Restoration Shaman Rotation guide teaches you how to actually heal in a variety of situations. You can find some advanced tips on how to manage your totems and specialty skills here as well;
- Browse our Restoration Shaman Stats guide if you wish to learn more about your different stats and how they affect your gameplay;
- The Gear guide for Restoration Shamans will tell you which gear pieces to farm at Level 80 and where you can farm them at.
- 31 Aug. 2022: Page added.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Honor Decay Removed In Season of Discovery and Classic Era
- Season of Discovery Launch Times
- Season of Discovery Will Launch With Fewer Realms
- Icecrown Citadel Player Buff Coming Early December
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Blizzard Explain Why Classic Hardcore Servers Are Down Longer