Enhancement Shaman Leveling Guide From 1 to 80 for WotLK Classic
Level-by-Level Rotation, Talents, and Trainer Skills
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
Leveling Talent Tree & Build
Your first talent unlocks at Level 10.
The overall objective of the tree is to maximize your AoE damage capabilities from Fire Nova, while also providing Mana sustain from talents such as Elemental Focus (which is up almost 100% of the time when Fire Nova is hitting many targets), Improved Stormstrike, and Shamanistic Rage, which doubles as a defensive cooldown when you are pulling many enemies.
As the supporting talents for this playstyle are buried deep within the Enhancement tree and also require a lot of Elemental talents, the suggested talent tree delves deep into Enhancement first until Mental Quickness is maxed and then swaps to Elemental until Improved Fire Nova is maxed, at which point Maelstrom Weapon and Feral Spirit are finally taken.
In Wrath you will be able to unlock Glyphs that improve your abilities at the following levels:
- Level 15 unlocks your first Major and Minor Glyphs;
- Level 30 unlocks your second Major Glyph;
- Level 50 unlocks your second Minor Glyph;
- Level 70 unlocks your third Minor Glyph;
- Level 80 unlocks your third Major Glyph.
As an Enhancement Shaman you will want to be using Glyph of Fire Nova and Glyph of Flametongue Weapon. The final major glyph is only unlocked at Level 80, at which point you should swap to an end-game build.
- Make sure Rockbiter Weapon is active on you at all times, to maximize your potential damage output.
- Make sure both Rockbiter Weapon and Lightning Shield are active on you at all times. Refresh Lightning Shield when engaging enemies or immediately after shocking, in order to mess with your 5-second-rule Mana regeneration as little as possible.
- Make sure both Flametongue Weapon and Lightning Shield are active on you at all times, to maximize your potential damage output. Refresh Lightning Shield when engaging enemies or immediately after shocking, in order to mess with your 5-second-rule Mana regeneration as little as possible.
- Make sure Flametongue Weapon (on both weapons, if applicable) and Water Shield or Lightning Shield (depending on your Mana status) are active on you at all times.
- Stoneclaw Totem will frequently stun enemies who attack it. When fighting dangerous packs, you can use it to distract some of the enemies while focusing on others. It is also very useful to distract enemies from attacking you while you are pulling many enemies for a Fire Nova AoE round.
- Drop Strength of Earth Totem and Searing Totem as your main totems when grinding in a small space for a prolonged amount of time, in dungeons, or when facing hard enemies.
- Drop Strength of Earth Totem and Magma Totem as your main totems when grinding in a small space for a prolonged amount of time, in dungeons, or when facing hard enemies.
- Drop Strength of Earth Totem, Windfury Totem, and Magma Totem as your main totems when grinding in a small space for a prolonged amount of time, in dungeons, or when facing hard enemies.
- Use Shamanistic Rage on cooldown to recover Mana, but remember it also reduces damage taken so you should try to use it for large AoE pulls whenever it is ready.
- Use Fire Nova whenever possible against multiple enemies.
- Use Chain Lightning or Lightning Bolt with five Maelstrom Weapon stacks, or with partial stacks if your cast will finish before your next swing does.
- Use Stormstrike whenever possible.
- Use Earth Shock whenever possible. You can also weave in Flame Shock for slightly more damage if the enemy will live for its full duration.
- Use Fire Nova against single enemies.
- Use Fire Nova or Lava Lash against single enemies.
List of Trainer Skills to Buy
Buying everything is, essentially, the way to go, as spell costs are quite low and all of them have uses, even if small ones.
If you are doing a completely new character and want to save as much gold as you can for your mounts, you can opt to buy only the recommended skills for the rotation in the section above.
Enhancement Shaman Macros and Addons
By setting yourself up with an upgraded user interface and macros from the get-go, you will make your leveling process much easier. Check out our Enhancement Shaman Macros and Addons guides in the links below for the full list.
Enhancement Shaman Quests and Weapons
When leveling, stay alert for weapon upgrades you might encounter, as these will improve your experience significantly. You will also need to complete various class quests in order to be able to use your totems, with unique questlines for Earth, Fire, Water, and Air totems.
These quests are different for Horde and Alliance Shamans, and the early quests also have differences between Horde races. To help you with both weapons and quests, we have made two dedicated guides:
Enhancement Shaman Level 80 Guides for Wrath Classic
Now that you are max level, we would recommend you read our Enhancement Shaman Guide which covers every detail of maximum-level gameplay extensively.
Pay special attention to these pages, as they deal with the most pressing issues you will face at Level 80:
- In our Enhancement Shaman Talent builds guide you will find multiple builds. Some are focused on being as offensive as possible while others are focused on being as good of a support as possible at the cost of some of your personal DPS potential;
- Our Enhancement Shaman Rotation guide explains how to use your abilities in order to produce maximum damage, both personal and group-wide through Enhancement's numerous buffs;
- Check the Enhancement Shaman Stats guide if you require more information on Enhancement Shaman's stat priority and stat details;
- Our Gear guide for Enhancement Shamans has the gear pieces most worth looking for, before and after raid items are considered, adjusted for the current Wrath Classic Phase and Season;
- 31 Aug. 2022: Page added.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Honor Decay Removed In Season of Discovery and Classic Era
- Season of Discovery Launch Times
- Season of Discovery Will Launch With Fewer Realms
- Icecrown Citadel Player Buff Coming Early December
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Blizzard Explain Why Classic Hardcore Servers Are Down Longer