WotLK Classic Shaman Weapons Guide
Shaman Weapon Skills
Shamans can use Daggers, Axes, Fist Weapons, Staves, and Maces, as well as off-hands and totems in the ranged slot.
Enhancement Shamans are very reliant on their weapon in order to deal damage, and slower weapons (such as Fist of Reckoning) are stronger because they hit harder when Stormstrike is used and can benefit longer from Haste before going under 1.5-second swings, which will cause potential Windfury Weapon proc losses due to its 3-second internal cooldown.
Shamans know how to use one-handed maces and staves when created, and learn how to use the rest of their potential weapons from the Weapon Masters around the world.
Alliance Weapon Masters
|Weapon Master location||Weapon Skills available|
|Darnassus (around 57,46)||Daggers, Fist Weapons, Staves|
|Ironforge (around 62,89)||Axes, Fist Weapons, Daggers, Maces|
|Stormwind (around 57,57)||Daggers, Staves|
|Exodar (around 53,86)||Daggers, Maces|
Horde Weapon Masters
|Weapon Master location||Weapon Skills available|
|Orgrimmar (around 81,19)||Axes, Staves, Daggers, Fist Weapons|
|Thunder Bluff (41,62)||Staves, Maces|
|Silvermoon City (90,38)||Daggers|
Axes for Wrath Classic Shamans
Maces for Wrath Classic Shamans
Maces also make for great Shaman weapons. They come in caster, healer, and Physical damage varieties.
Staves for Wrath Classic Shamans
Staves are powerful two-handed weapons ( Crescent Staff) which you can use as soon as you create your character. This allows them to be the overall fastest leveling weapon option early on, although in the end game you will generally prefer to use a one-hander plus shield or off-hand, instead.
Daggers for Wrath Classic Shamans
Caster daggers can occasionally be good for Elemental Shamans, but there are not many of them.
Fist Weapons for Wrath Classic Shamans
There are a few fist weapons Shamans can use in Wrath Classic, including an excellent Phase 1 weapon for all specs, Wraith Strike, which is one of the few caster weapons slow enough to be of use for Enhancement.
Shields for Wrath Classic Shamans
Using a shield will increase your survivability at virtually no cost to your throughput, depending on each shield's specific stats. This makes them very useful for casters and healers, especially in PvP and soloing.
Off-Hands for Wrath Classic Shamans
Totems for Wrath Classic Shamans
Totems are only usable by Shamans and are quite rare. These go in the ranged slot and give a small contribution to your throughput. There are idols for Enhancement, Elemental, and Restoration Shamans.
Swords for Wrath Classic Shamans
Shamans cannot use Swords.
Polearms for Wrath Classic Shamans
Shamans cannot use Polearms.
Crossbows for Wrath Classic Shamans
Shamans cannot use Crossbows.
Bows for Wrath Classic Shamans
Shamans cannot use Bows.
Guns for Wrath Classic Shamans
Shamans cannot use Guns.
Thrown Weapons for Wrath Classic Shamans
Shamans cannot use Thrown Weapons.
Leveling Weapons for Shamans in Wrath Classic
Look for weapons that have good stats for your specialization: Agility for Enhancement and Spell Power plus Intellect for Elemental and Restoration. You can often find weapons with good stats in the auction house, but remember to be cautious with your gold, as you will also want to be able to train skills and buy your riding skills and associated mounts as you level up.
- Your first blue weapon should be Crescent Staff, which is a quest reward from Leaders of the Fang, which can be done in Wailing Caverns. It has great damage for the level it can be obtained at, and you will be able to use it for a long time;
- Manual Crowd Pummeler drops from Crowd Pummeler 960 in Gnomeregan and has great stats, as well as an amazing on-use effect;
- Look for Corpsemaker in Razorfen Kraul, which is a relevant and somewhat early weapon you can obtain;
- Illusionary Rod in Scarlet Monastery: Library, Ravager in Scarlet Monastery: Armory, and Mograine's Might at Scarlet Monastery: Cathedral are all very strong weapons which can be obtained in Scarlet Monastery. Ravager is especially relevant, as its proc causes huge area-of-effect damage when it activates;
- For caster Shamans, Zum'rah's Vexing Cane from Zul'Farrak is a great staff, having all the stats you need while leveling up;
- The epic world drops, Flurry Axe and Axe of the Deep Woods, are amazing options that become available soon after you can dual-wield. Use green one-handed weapons with Strength on them until you can afford them!
- Maraudon has Gatorbite Axe and Princess Theradras' Scepter, both of which have good damage and are relatively easy to get. Also, you can get Resurgence Rod from the Corruption of Earth and Seed quest, which has no pre-requisites and only requires you to kill Princess Theradras;
- Rage Reaver can be obtained in one of the first quests you get once you enter the Dark Portal, in Hellfire Peninsula. While you will surely be itching to put Dual Wield Specialization to use at this point, if not before, none of the alternative quest rewards are very good for Enhancement and two-handed weapons are perfectly fine to level with while giving more power per upgrade. You can get a direct upgrade by picking Honed Voidaxe as your Ring of Blood reward, but hopefully by this point you will have another good one-hand weapon you can pair with Mag'hari Fury Brand, instead!
- Elemental and Restoration Shamans can also quickly get The Staff of Twin Worlds from an early quest, upgrade it into Crystalfire Staff, and later get Battle Mage's Baton (or Mogor's Anointing Club) until Level 70;
- Totem-wise, Totem of Lightning comes from the Colossal Menace quest, which you can pick up at the Cenarion Post in Hellfire Peninsula, near the Zangarmarsh border, and is pretty good for leveling as Elemental.
- Doing the Amphiteather of Anguish questline in the center of Zul'Drak will unlock great leveling weapons for all specializations: Crimson Cranium Crusher for Physical Enhancement or Screw-Sprung Fixer-Upper for caster specs, including our recommended Enhancement AoE leveling build!
For more leveling information, please refer to our leveling guide for Shamans.
End-Game Weapons for Shamans in Wrath Classic
The ideal end game weapons for Shamans depend on your specialization and the current phase of Wrath Classic. We keep this information updated on our gearing guides listed down below:
- 11 Sep. 2022: Page added.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Honor Decay Removed In Season of Discovery and Classic Era
- Season of Discovery Launch Times
- Season of Discovery Will Launch With Fewer Realms
- Icecrown Citadel Player Buff Coming Early December
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Blizzard Explain Why Classic Hardcore Servers Are Down Longer