Damien

Paladin Midrange N'Zoth Secrets Wild

11 posts in this topic

hi! any replacement for loatheb?

 

Thank you!

 

orcwarrior.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loatheb is literally the best card in the game. It's a huge tempo swing and insurance policy against any deck with a spell - meaning pretty much any deck. If you're in the market for Wild mode in the long term, definitely shelf out for it. 

2nd Haunted Creeper or any of the tech cards : Divine Favor, silence effect, Consecration are all fine.

 

Now that I think of it, what is the math behind Barnes? Can Wild Secret adopt him? Belcher, Shredder, Tirion and even Creeper are all good targets.

Edited by Paracel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7.9.2016 at 9:57 AM, Paracel said:

Loatheb is literally the best card in the game. It's a huge tempo swing and insurance policy against any deck with a spell - meaning pretty much any deck. If you're in the market for Wild mode in the long term, definitely shelf out for it. 

2nd Haunted Creeper or any of the tech cards : Divine Favor, silence effect, Consecration are all fine.

 

Now that I think of it, what is the math behind Barnes? Can Wild Secret adopt him? Belcher, Shredder, Tirion and even Creeper are all good targets.

Barnes could actually be a really good suggestion. Minibot would even be a good target, giving a 1/1 divine shield that can be buffed with kings. Definitely something that could be looked into. 

As a replacement for Loatheb, they both are played at a similar point in the game and can cause a HUGE tempo swing or just be a huge annoyance. 

Anyhow, I definitely think Barnes has a place in this deck. Great suggestion Para.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suggestions for those that don't have the Keepers of Uldaman? 2nd Blessing of Kings?

 

Thanks!

Paul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Guest Ro_PMG said:

Suggestions for those that don't have the Keepers of Uldaman? 2nd Blessing of Kings?

 

Thanks!

Paul

I'd go with second Blessing of Kings, just like you say, and one Consecration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What card would be the best to remove in order to tech in an Eater of Secrets?

I'm thinking one of the knife Jugglers, as I find that all too often they end up being a semi-dead card (too fragile to play on curve, the deck doesn't have the draw to support massive later tun card-dumps and turn 5 Juggler+Muster often competes with better minions such as Shredder and Belcher).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Morthasa said:

What card would be the best to remove in order to tech in an Eater of Secrets?

I'm thinking one of the knife Jugglers, as I find that all too often they end up being a semi-dead card (too fragile to play on curve, the deck doesn't have the draw to support massive later tun card-dumps and turn 5 Juggler+Muster often competes with better minions such as Shredder and Belcher).

Yeah, Knife Juggler is probably the card to get rid of. I run only one copy already.
As for the combo, it should often be played over two turns - turn 2 Knife Juggler into turn 3 Muster for Battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, positiv2 said:

As for the combo, it should often be played over two turns - turn 2 Knife Juggler into turn 3 Muster for Battle.

That's my point. Seeing an unprotected turn 2 Knife Juggler tends to trigger a KILL THEM ALL! response in your average opponent. It is very rare that A turn 2 juggler will live to see turn 3.

Many thanks for your response.

Edited by Morthasa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2016 at 0:28 PM, Morthasa said:

That's my point. Seeing an unprotected turn 2 Knife Juggler tends to trigger a KILL THEM ALL! response in your average opponent. It is very rare that A turn 2 juggler will live to see turn 3.

Many thanks for your response.

KJ is pretty much the card I have removed from all the decks I play. It just always dies. I know that, in theory, it can get some crazy value, but I never see mine actually living to do anything.

Now, also, without the 3-attack, there are even more irritating minions that he doesn't even kill - Mana Wyrm being one of the chief annoyances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Budget Questing Miracle Rogue Gadgetzan Standard Deck.
    • By positiv2
      We decided to use Paracel's suggestion and make it into a weekly round-up thread. 
      Druid
      Jade Druid Gadgetzan Standard Deck Jade Druid No Giants Gadgetzan Standard Deck Budget Jade Druid Gadgetzan Standard Deck Hunter
      Midrange Beast Hunter Gadgetzan Standard Deck Mage
      Nothing yet :( Paladin
      Aggro Paladin Gadgetzan Standard Deck Murloc Aggro Paladin Gadgetzan Standard Deck (actually contains murlocs this time :P ) Budget Murloc Aggro Paladin Gadgetzan Standard Deck Budget Aggro Paladin Gadgetzan Standard Deck Priest
      Dragon Priest Gadgetzan Standard Deck Reno Priest Gadgetzan Standard Deck Dragon Priest No Cleric Gadgetzan Standard Deck Budget Dragon Priest Gadgetzan Standard Deck Rogue
      Questing Miracle Rogue Gadgetzan Standard Deck Aggro Rogue Gadgetzan Standard Deck Shaman
      N'Zoth Control Shaman Gadgetzan Standard Deck Kobold Midrange Shaman Gadgetzan Standard Deck Warlock
      Reno Combo Warlock Gadgetzan Standard Deck Reno Warlock Gadgetzan Standard Deck Warrior
      Pirate Aggro Warrior Gadgetzan Standard Deck N'Zoth Control Warrior Gadgetzan Standard Deck Dragon Warrior Gadgetzan Standard Deck If you have any suggestions or questions, feel free to leave them in the comments.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Jade Druid No Giants Gadgetzan Standard Deck.