Table of Contents
Loatheb is a neutral minion. This card used to be obtained in the Naxxramas solo adventure, but is now only obtainable through crafting (unless you purchased the first wing of the Curse of Naxxramas before the expansion was removed from the shop, in which case, you can still purchase the rest of the expansion). Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Loatheb is a minion with a very strong effect. As well as being incredibly disruptive to spell heavy decks, it is also just an exceptional Tempo minion, since its ability protects itself from removal.
2. Constructed Play
Loatheb is heavily used in Constructed for two main reasons. Firstly, it is excellent in any Midrange or Tempo deck that aims to build a board of minions. In these decks, Loatheb can come into play and protect your established board from removal. Secondly, it is used as a meta call against powerful spell reliant decks like Oil Rogue and Freeze Mage.
Loatheb is no longer available in Arena.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- Mech Mage Wild Deck
- Wild Midrange Hunter Deck
- Midrange Tempo Warrior Wild Un'Goro Deck
- Midrange Shaman Wild Un'Goro Deck
- Fel Reaver Mech Shaman Wild Un'Goro Deck
- Secrets Midrange Paladin Wild Un'Goro Deck
- Cheap Zinaar Tempo Mage Deck (Heroic Mode)
- Low-Budget Chromaggus Mage Deck (Heroic Mode)
- Cheap Lord Victor Nefarius / Nefarian Druid Deck (Heroic Mode)
- Cheap Baron Geddon Warlock Deck (Heroic Mode)
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Blood Razor & Prince Taldaram
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Blood-Queen Lana'thel
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Ice Breaker & Plague Scientist
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal - Ticking Abomination
- Russel Brower Leaves Blizzard
- Tavern Brawl: Ahune's Superior Brawl
- The Frost Festival Is Upon Us!
- The Lich King Opens Up an Ice Cream Shop [Video]
- The Rate/Improve my deck thread.
- Cheap Mage Standard
- HoF Discussions
- Curse of Naxxramas Arachnid Quarter
- Budget Jade Druid Standard
- How to combat jade druid / earthen scales
- Quest Rogue Meta (Post Nerf)
- Caverns below nerfed...what about Fire Plume's Heart???