Dragon Tail Assassin Build Skills for Diablo 2 Resurrected
This page shows the recommended skill point progression and priority for the Dragon Tail Assassin. Note that the following list refers to the total number of skill points, not the character level, to best account for the 12 bonus skill points granted by quests.
Martial Arts Assassin Skill Build
- 1 point to all prerequisites
- 20 points to Dragon Tail — Main Damage Skill/Finisher, required
- 20 points to Tiger Strike — Charge Up Skill, required
- 20 points to Cobra Strike — Charge Up Skill, required
- 20 points to Blades of Ice — Charge Up Skill, required
- 1 point to Dragon Flight — Useful for teleporting and repositioning Mercenary, required
- 1 point to Cloak of Shadows — Useful for crowd control, required
- 1 point to Mind Blast — Useful for crowd control, required
- 1 point to Burst of Speed — Buffs movement and attack speed, required
- 1 point to Fade — Buffs damage reduction and Resistances, required
- 1 point to Weapon Block — If running two claws, make sure to place a single point into this skill, optional
Martial Arts Assassin Gameplay Discussion
Tiger Strike and all of the previous Charge-up Skills now only use a single charge per Finisher move, creating a lot more damage for this build overall and a unique playstyle where the Player gets to decide if they wish to burn all Charges at once or only one at a time before rebuilding back to maximum Charges. With Mosaic no Charge gets consumed allowing for the player to continue through areas without stopping.
Dragon Tail is the finisher of choice for its explosive kick with added Fire Damage. For single target damage on monsters the Crushing Blow and Physical Damage from the build helps take care of large HP pools.
Martial Arts Assassin Stats Discussion
The following section discusses how many attribute points should be allocated to each of the primary stats.
How much Strength Does a Martial Arts Assassin Need?
Enough for gear — For a Martial Arts Assassin using a Spirit or Phoenix Monarch, this will be 156 Strength as that is usually the highest Strength requirement for commonly used gear. If choosing to use another shield or claws with lower Strength requirements, then just adjust your Strength to that value. This number always changes based on the gear you are using, though, so make sure to always double check the requirements for each piece of gear you have as well as how much Strength each piece will provide once equipped.
How much Dexterity Does a Martial Arts Assassin Need?
Enough for Gear — Dexterity is great for increasing Block Chance, but if you are not planning on investing points to max that out, it is often not worth taking any additional Dexterity, as the return on Attack Rating and Defense is very low.
How much Vitality Does a Martial Arts Assassin Need?
Everything else into Vitality — 250+ Vitality. Every excess attribute point should be allocated to Vitality, as long as you can meet the Strength requirements of your items by the time you wish to equip them. If trying to achieve maximum chance to block, you can allocate your attribute points to a mix of Vitality and Dexterity while leveling to maximise your survivability. An approximate 5:3 ratio of Vitality to Dexterity should keep both your Life and chance to blockat a reasonable level until you reach your Dexterity target.
How much Energy Does a Martial Arts Assassin Need?
Nothing — Allocating attribute points to Energy in a final build is universally considered sub-par for almost every character due to the widespread availability of Mana Potions. While leveling, if you find yourself struggling with Mana you can allocate a few points to Energy that you can then remove with a respec later on.
- Seasonal Legendaries and Uniques Will Come to Eternal Realms At the Same Time
- 40 Important Diablo 4 Glossary Terms Explained Quickly (Video)
- Official Diablo 4 Hardcore Level 100 Contest Updated to Exclude Those With Preview Codes
- Diablo 4 Launch Live Action Trailer
- Diablo 4 Launch Guide - Everything You Need to Know
- BlizzCon 2023 in Coming on Nov 3-4
- World Boss Ashava Spawn Times on the Diablo 4 Server Slam
- Diablo 4 World Boss Ashava Solo Hardcore Kill at Level 20