Assassin Class and Builds in Diablo 2
One of the 2 classes added in Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction, the Assassin is a cunning melee/caster hybrid who strikes from the shadows with all manners of mystical techniques.
This page will go over the basics of the Assassin class, and also direct you to our Assassin builds in Diablo 2.
We are currently offering the following Assassin builds:
- Blade Fury Assassin (Bladesin) Build
- Dragon Tail Assassin Build
- Dragon Talon Assassin (Kicksin) Build
- Phoenix Strike Assassin Build
- Lightning/Death Sentry Assassin (Trapsin) Build
- Whirlwind Assassin (Whirlwindsin) Build
To level up as fast as possible, please refer to our Assassin Fastest Leveling Build.
Looking for the best Rogue Builds in Diablo 4? Follow the link below for more information!
What Is an Assassin?
Dual wielding her iconic claws, the Assassin ambushes her enemies with deadly grace before quickly retreating to the shadows. As a master of elemental, psychic, and physical attacks both in melee and from afar, her versatility is unmatched.
The Martial Arts tree lets the Assassin slice and dice her enemies with powerful physical and elemental charge-up skills, which grow in power with each subsequent hits. Dragon-type skills, which are special attacks that unleash said charges, are also featured in this tree.
The Shadow Disciplines is an occult tree that provides the Assassin with varied tools ranging from simple buffs to mental attacks for crowd control to summoning dark clones of herself.
The Traps tree allows the Assassin to lay various elemental traps that dispatch enemies independently.
What Is the Best Assassin Build?
Is the Assassin a Good Class for Beginners?
The aforementioned Trapsin build is an excellent build for beginners due to its simplicity, inherent safety, and relative unreliance on gear. Melee Assassin builds are significantly more difficult to play and require good gear to perform well, making them less appropriate for newer players.
What Is the Best Assassin Item?
This depends entirely on your build of choice. Trapsins may be interested in any claw that includes bonus skill levels to their trap of choice. Bartuc's Cut Throat is a popular choice for melee Assassins due to its availability, high damage, faster hit recovery, life leech, and primary attributes.
Which Diablo 3 Class Is Most Similar to the Diablo 2 Assassin?
Players familiar with the Monk in Diablo 3 will find them similar to melee Assassins. Trapsins have a playstyle that is closer to that of Demon Hunters, although the comparison is not perfect. The Rogue announced in Diablo 4 is likely to draw inspiration from the Assassin for its melee-oriented builds.
Which World of Warcraft Class Is Most Similar to the Diablo 2 Assassin?
The Rogue. The combo point and finisher mechanics in World of Warcraft are likely the spiritual successor to the skills featured in the Martial Arts tree of the Assassin.
- 16 Feb. 2023: Added Dragon Tail and Phoenix Strike Assassin builds to the list.
- 02 Oct. 2021: Added fast leveling build.
- 19 Sep. 2021: Added builds.
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Upcoming Dev Campfire Chat: November 30th
- Player Gathers All Uber Uniques and Asks “Did I Beat the Game?”
- Diablo 4 Steam Discount and Free Trial
- Diablo 4 Patch 1.2.2 Hotfixes: November 20th
- Diablo 4 Mother’s Blessing XP and Gold Buff Bugged, to Be Increased and Live This Week
- Diablo 4 Patch 1.2.2 Hotfixes: November 17th
- Mother’s Blessing Returns to Sanctuary (November 20-27)