Assassin Class and Builds in Diablo 2
One of the 2 classes added in Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction, the Assassin is a cunning melee/caster hybrid who strikes from the shadows with all manners of mystical techniques.
This page will go over the basics of the Assassin class, and also direct you to our Assassin builds in Diablo 2.
We are currently offering the following Assassin builds:
- Blade Fury Assassin (Bladesin) Build
- Dragon Talon Assassin (Kicksin) Build
- Lightning/Death Sentry Assassin (Trapsin) Build
- Whirlwind Assassin (Whirlwindsin) Build
To level up as fast as possible, please refer to our Assassin Fastest Leveling Build.
What Is an Assassin?
Dual wielding her iconic claws, the Assassin ambushes her enemies with deadly grace before quickly retreating to the shadows. As a master of elemental, psychic, and physical attacks both in melee and from afar, her versatility is unmatched.
The Martial Arts tree lets the Assassin slice and dice her enemies with powerful physical and elemental charge-up skills, which grow in power with each subsequent hits. Dragon-type skills, which are special attacks that unleash said charges, are also featured in this tree.
The Shadow Disciplines is an occult tree that provides the Assassin with varied tools ranging from simple buffs to mental attacks for crowd control to summoning dark clones of herself.
The Traps tree allows the Assassin to lay various elemental traps that dispatch enemies independently.
What Is the Best Assassin Build?
Is the Assassin a Good Class for Beginners?
The aforementioned Trapsin build is an excellent build for beginners due to its simplicity, inherent safety, and relative unreliance on gear. Melee Assassin builds are significantly more difficult to play and require good gear to perform well, making them less appropriate for newer players.
What Is the Best Assassin Item?
This depends entirely on your build of choice. Trapsins may be interested in any claw that includes bonus skill levels to their trap of choice. Bartuc's Cut Throat is a popular choice for melee Assassins due to its availability, high damage, faster hit recovery, life leech, and primary attributes.
Which Diablo 3 Class Is Most Similar to the Diablo 2 Assassin?
Players familiar with the Monk in Diablo 3 will find them similar to melee Assassins. Trapsins have a playstyle that is closer to that of Demon Hunters, although the comparison is not perfect. The Rogue announced in Diablo 4 is likely to draw inspiration from the Assassin for its melee-oriented builds.
Which World of Warcraft Class Is Most Similar to the Diablo 2 Assassin?
The Rogue. The combo point and finisher mechanics in World of Warcraft are likely the spiritual successor to the skills featured in the Martial Arts tree of the Assassin.
- 02 Oct. 2021: Added fast leveling build.
- 19 Sep. 2021: Added builds.
- Blizzard Working on an Unannounced Open-World RPG Shooter
- Blizzard on Recent Diablo 2 Server Outages
- Connection Issues Continue to Plague Diablo 2 Servers
- Diablo 2: Resurrected Patch 10.12 Notes, October 12th
- Diablo 2 Server Connection Issues: October 11th
- Diablo 4's New Game Director is Joe Shelly
- Diablo 4 Quarterly Update: October 2021
- The First Uber Diablo in Diablo 2: Resurrected Killed, First Annihilus After 120+ SoJs Sold