The Final Day Full Trial Guide
Welcome to our guide to the Dark Inside, the final trial of Endwalker's main scenario. This guide aims to prepare players for the encounter so they will know what to expect, with simple mechanic instructions and notes on what to watch out for.
Meteion and her sisters took to the stars in search of hope; they found naught but despair. Wishing to free mankind from his vain struggle, they began to sing, their chorus borne upon the invisible winds of dynamis to usher in the Final Days.
Against all odds, you have arrived at their nest at the edge of the universe. In this place, where emotions dictate reality, the hopes of your comrades have opened the way forward, and it falls to you to take the last step. Transforming conviction into strength, you sally forth upon dragonback to confront the Endsinger and silence her song of oblivion.
The Final Day can be unlocked at level 90 during the main scenario quest "Endwalker." It is the final trial players will encounter in the Endwalker main scenario and is located in Ultima Thule.
Phase one has you do battle with the Endsinger.
The Endsinger has no positional ring and auto-attacks the tank infrequently.
- Elegeia will deal raidwide damage and summon two planets around the arena. These will rotate and create a large AoE where they collide with each other. These are in the northeast, northwest, southeast, or southwest of the arena.
- Galaxias is a knockback from the center of the arena.
- Elenchos is either a line AoE down the middle, or two line AoEs down the sides. This will be indicated by The Endsinger collecting a dark orb for the former, or spreading her wings for the latter.
- Death's Embrace emits conal AoEs towards all players which follow them. Spread out to avoid hitting other players. These will leave behind a nail when it hits players, doing an AoE around them.
- Aporrhoia summons heads at the front of the arena, which will shoot line AoEs down the arena.
- Hubris is a tank buster on both tanks that hits in an AoE.
- Elegeia Unforgotten will do Elegeia's mechanics, but it will freeze the explosion in time.
- Fatalism will tether to the explosion, rewinding time and causing the AoE to happen again.
- Ekstasis will put AoEs on the ground. These will create a black puddle which expands. Head to the edge of the arena to avoid this.
- Nemesis marks all players with AoEs.
- Stand on the opposite side of where the moons will collide to dodge the AoE.
- Most of the other AoEs are fairly straightforward - watch out for them when they appear.
- Spread out for Death's Embrace, and get away from where the nails drop.
- The second Elegeia Unforgotten and Fatalism combo will be accompanied with a Galaxias, so get knocked back to the safe spot.
- The boss will disappear after Ekstasis. She will reappear and cast a line AoE across the arena and place AoE markers on players. Spread out to the sides and spread out.
- There will be two sets of Elegeia Unforgotten. Get knocked back to the safe spot for the first one tethered by Fatalism, and spread out Nemesis before dodging the second one tethered.
- The Endsinger will phase after casting Planetes.
Phase two has you do battle with the Kakoidaimon and the Endsinger after the add defeated.
The Kakoidaimon must be defeated before the Despair bar is completely filled.
- Meteor Radiant will spawn planets that fall to the ground, indicated by a tether. They will explode in a large AoE once they reach the ground.
- Meteor Outburst marks all players with AoEs.
- Simply kill the Kakoidaimon before the Despair duty bar is completely filled.
- The Endsinger will return afterwards and cast Fatalism. This will transition the party into phase three.
- At five seconds left until oblivion is sealed, one of the tanks is required to cast tank Limit Break 3 to survive.
Phase three has you do battle with the Endsinger, empowered by the prayers of your comrades.
Players will gain the Prayers of Hope buff as they are empowered by their comrades, significantly increasing damage dealt.
- Telos deals massive raidwide damage.
- Telomania will do repeated damage to all party members. At the end, it will deal raidwide damage and mark the ground underneath players with AoEs. The boss will also gain a stacking damage buff.
- The final phase is a DPS check of epic proportions.
- The boss will cast Telos at the beginning of the phase, and cast Telomania repeatedly until the party or the boss is dead.
- 10 Dec. 2021: Guide added.
- FFXIV - Tales Under the New Moon: A Legacy of Hope
- FFXIV - Duty Commenced: Join the NA Community Team for a New Live Show!
- FFXIV - Everything You Need to Know About the Fan Festival London 2023
- FFXIV - The Art of Raid Design: An Interview with Masaki Nakagawa
- FFXIV - Tales Under the New Moon: In Storm’s Wake
- FFXIV - 10th Anniversary Survey: Influence a New Side Story!
- FFXIV: How to Experience 360° Spatial Audio with Immerse Gamepack
- FFXIV - Patch 6.5: The Final Update of Endwalker