The Mothercrystal Full Trial Guide
Welcome to our guide to the Mothercrystal, the second trial of Endwalker. This guide aims to prepare players for the encounter so they will know what to expect, with simple mechanic instructions and notes on what to watch out for.
Goddess of Light. Will of the star. Hydaelyn. From the far reaches of the aetherial sea has She ever called to you...and at last you meet face-to-face. Though the Scions would traverse the great expanse in search of Meteion to forestall the Final Days, you must first rise to meet Her challenge and prove yourselves equal to the task.
The Mothercrystal can be unlocked at level 89 during the main scenario quest "Her Children, One and All". It is the second trial players will encounter in Endwalker.
Phase one has you do battle with Hydaelyn. The outer ring of the arena will kill players who run into it.
- Heros's Radiance and Magos's Radiance deal raidwide damage.
- Mousa's Scorn is a tank buster that must be shared by both tanks.
- Heros's Sundering is a conal AoE tank buster.
- Dawn Mantle has Hydaelyn change her weapon. She will execute one of three
mechanics based on the crystal she absorbs, which becomes the new weapon.
- A green staff will do a point-blank AoE around her.
- A red chakram will do a donut AoE.
- A white sword will do a cross-shaped AoE.
- Dodge the Dawn Mantle mechanics as they come out.
- The rest of the fight will build on mechanics that are introduced in this phase.
Phase two is an adds phase where players have to kill the six Crystals of Light before the Conviction duty bar fills.
- Hydaelyn's Ray is a proximity line AoE down the center of the arena. Get to the sides of the arena to dodge.
- Crystalline Stone III is a stack marker.
- Crystalline Blizzard III casts targeted AoEs on all party members.
- As stated previously, kill the six Crystals of Light before the Conviction duty bar fills.
- Hydaelyn will repeat Hydaelyn Ray, Crystalline Stone III, Hydaelyn Ray, and Crystalline Blizzard III.
- As the phase ends, Hydaelyn will cast Exodus, a heavy hitting attack.
In phase two, Hydaelyn will build upon the mechanics seen in the first phase.
Many previous mechanics will appear. A few new mechanics are introduced.
- Crystallize will add a mechanic that goes off after the next Dawn Mantle.
The mechanic depends on the type of crystal absorbed.
- Ice crystals will place an AoE over all players.
- Earth crystals will place a stack marker on a random player.
- Parhelion shoots out line AoEs towards the edge of the arena in order. They will return across the arena in the order they were fired in. Start in the third line's path and move into the first line's path.
- Parhelic Circle creates AoEs at the end of the lines on the ground. Stay away from the end of the lines.
- The main mechanic introduced in this phase is Crystallize, which adds another layer of mechanics after Dawn Mantle.
- The mechanic indicated by Crystallize will go off right after Dawn Mantle. Dodge the Dawn Mantle mechanic, then perform the Crystallize mechanic.
- Wait for the first set of line AoEs from Parhelion to go off, then move into their path to dodge the other two sets.
- Hydaelyn will cast Radiant Halo, transitioning into phase four.
In phase four, Hydaelyn will add new mechanics as well as use the previous Dawn Mantle and Crystallize combo.
- Lightwave will summon giant waves of light outside the arena that slowly move across the arena. These do heavy damage to players standing inside.
- Echoes is a stack marker that hits multiple times.
- Stack up for Echoes, and then move to a safe spot where the Lightwaves do not hit. This will usually be in the corner with waves far apart.
- Afterwards, head to the middle and do Crystallize and Dawn Mantle mechanics.
- This sequence repeats until the boss is dead.
- 10 Dec. 2021: Guide added.
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- FFXIV PLL #74 Recap - 6.3 Live Letter Part 1
- Final Fantasy XIV will be in AGDQ2023 on Friday, January 13th
- FFXIV Announces Return to PAX AUS
- "Tales from the Dawn": Final Story Released
- On the Adjustments to Pandaemonium: Abyssos (Savage)
- FFXIV Patch 6.21 Notes
- All Worlds Maintenance, Sept 12