The Lunar Subterrane Full Dungeon Guide
Welcome to our guide to The Lunar Subterrane, a dungeon released in Patch 6.5. This guide aims to prepare players for the dungeon so they will know what to expect, with simple mechanic instructions and notes on what to watch out for.
The Lunar Subterrane was released in Patch 6.5 in Endwalker.
Long has Golbez guarded the location of his domain, a solemn sanctuary wherein he conspired to break the barrier between worlds. It is there, within the recesses of the Thirteenth's moon, Zeromus bides its time, gathering the strength that will see Golbez's plan to fruition. But what else could he be guarding in this subterranean labyrinth? What secrets might be laid bare by those willing to brave its abyssal depths?
The Lunar Subterrane can be unlocked at level 90 during the main scenario quest "Dawn in the Dark." It is the first dungeon players will encounter in Patch 6.5's MSQ and is located in the Void. Players above level 90 will be level synced to level 90 when entering, and there will be a minimum item level restriction of 620 to enter.
Full Dungeon Guide for The Lunar Subterrane
First Boss Trash Mobs
None of the trash mobs are threatening.
The arena is a 4x4 grid.
- Hexing Staves: The boss summons two or three staves on grids, which do a plus-shaped AoE when the boss casts Ruinous Confluence. Players will receive a cleansable Doom debuff if they are hit as well as a permanent Dark Whispers debuff, which will inflict Doom if enough stacks are reached.
- Shadowy Sigil: Each tile will either have a blue square or purple triangle. The boss shows one of the symbols, and tiles with the opposite symbol is safe.
- Sorcerous Shroud: The boss hides the location of the staves summoned by Hexing Staves. Players must remember where they are after the next mechanic and go to the safe spot to avoid the AoE. After the initial set, there will be on safe tile with no staves in its column or row.
- Void Dark II: Marked AoEs on all players.
- Abyssal Outburst: Moderate raidwide magic damage.
Second Boss Trash Mobs
None of the trash mobs are threatening. Durante will follow your party and contribute to the fight, and nameless NPCs will spawn with the mobs. You can pull two packs at once and they will follow you to the second pack, adding a bit of damage.
There are four rows of Stone Pillars that can fall when struck, creating a line AoE in the row. They will show an exclamation mark when struck by the Antlion, and their name - Lv?? Stone Pillar - will disappear soon afterwards.
- Sandblast: Moderate raidwide magic damage.
- Landslip: Creates four columns of moving sand that knocks players in the direction indicated. Knockback prevention abilities such as Surecast work on this.
- Antlion March: Dashes around the arena, striking two Stone Pillars.
- Earthen Geyser: A stack marker on the healer. This creates a patch of quicksand which inflicts Six Fulms Under. Players must move out of the quicksand to avoid drowning. Note that you can move after the indicator goes off but before the sand appears to gain some distance from the middle.
- Pound Sand: An AoE marker on a player right after Earthen Geyser.
Final Boss Trash Mobs
Durante will continue to assist the party in killing the trash mobs. A Memoriate of Darkness will spawn four adds before the final boss, but none of these are threatening at all.
After the first raidwide, the outside of the arena will turn into a bleed wall.
- Old Magic: Moderate raidwide magic damage.
- Duplicitous Battery: Small AoE circles that fan out in a spiral. Dodge the first set and move into the path of the first set to avoid the second.
- Forsaken Fount: Orbs of darkness which explode in a large AoE.
- Fallen Grace: Marked AoEs on all players.
- Contrapasso: Deals raidwide physical damage and causes the dark orbs summoned by Forsaken Fount to split and travel in the direction indicated. For the first set, the middle column where the orbs spawned is safe. For every subsequent set, one corner of the arena will be safe.
- Antipodal Assault: A line AoE that must be shared by the party. Durante will dash to the edge of the arena and cast Hard Slash, a wide conal AoE. Follow him to the wall and stand at the sides to be safe.
- Twilight Phase: A large line AoE indicated by the glowing stakes.
- Dark Impact: A large circle AoE where Durante is indicating.
- Death's Journey: A point-blank AoE with conal AoEs where the lines are.
The item level 635 Voidmoon set is dropped from this dungeon. It has a level requirement of 90.
- 03 Oct. 2023: Guide added with the release of Patch 6.5.
- 24 Sep. 2023: Page added.
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- FFXIV - Fan Festival 2024 in Tokyo: How to Watch It Live Online!
- FFXIV - Hairstyle Contest Winners Announced! See The Amazing Designs Here!
- FFXIV - Get The Collectors Edition For Half The Price!
- FFXIV - Cloud Data Center Stress Test
- FFXIV - Fan Festival: Third Round of Merchandise Available for Pre-Order
- FFXIV - Endwalker EP5: A Mini-Album of Epic Music
- FFXIV - Callback Campaign: Invite Your Friends and Get Rewards