Jump to content
Liquidsteel

The Help My DPS Thread

Recommended Posts

Hello Angi! For the most part, Dragosi looks pretty good. I would ask that you try to steer him away from Affliction, as it deals very poorly with a lot of mechanics this tier. Some people might recommend using Aff on Council, but even there it isn't great, as it is the "pad spec" and your priority damage will be dreadful.

 

The only issues I have with his destro stuff is that on Kilrogg and Gorefiend he really wasn't using Havoc enough. But he was still doing quite decently on the fights anyway. On Iskar his priority add damage isn't fantastic because he is tunneling aoe. If he uses FnB to gain embers up to 40, then switches to single target and nukes down the priority with CB's and Havoc down to 10 embers, his add damage will skyrocket. Just AoE to 40, ST to 10, and repeat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Vaeevictiss, do you perhaps have a heroic or mythic GSR? That will do far better than the CSP you have equipped. Do you not have enough T17 gear to make a 2pc for that? 2pc/2pc is pretty strong for Destro and Demo and I feel like that not having that or a full tier set is crippling you. Also, if you really do not like playing Destruction, then I'd encourage you to go Demo on most of these fights. I personally play Demo 50% of the time and it is still a great spec and will most likely pass Destro when you get your legendary.

 

First I want to start with your "Problem fights" Xhul and Soc. With XH you need to be casting Havoc on one imp, then CBing the other. I would not suggest touching the Voidfiends unless you can Shadowburn them. Also, you only used Dark Soul three times: once in the beginning and twice in execute. Seeing as you have the DSI trinket, try to line up Dark Soul with the procs from that trinket (and that goes for any fight). When Vanguard Akkelion and Omnus hit 20%, stop havocing the imps and havoc XH and SB the big add three times. If your average Shadowburn hits for 150k, then you are doing 1.8 million damage in those three globals. The damage potential is insane. Especially with DS and trinkets up.

 

On Socrethar just treat the fight like a single target boss. It's a pretty dreadful fight that I have trouble with too. Just make sure you Havoc CB Shadowcallers and immediately switch to the Dominators. Don't touch the ghosts unless it is called for.

 

Also, a note about Tyrant. In the first two phases when the adds are up, Havoc/CB on cooldown.

 

Overall make sure you know when you are going to DS. It isn't given to you at set times like Demo is. Destro is far more abstract than Demonology and at times, that makes it harder to manage. Try to save your Doomguard for execute on every fight (I pop it around 30% on heroics). If you don't have a GSR, go to an Oregorger pug and get one. That trinket is your life until class trinket.

 

A lot of the stuff I posted above for other people may help out too, so give that a read if you want. I hope I helped!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for he advice!

 

No problem! Let me know if it helps. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Vaeevictiss, do you perhaps have a heroic or mythic GSR? That will do far better than the CSP you have equipped. Do you not have enough T17 gear to make a 2pc for that? 2pc/2pc is pretty strong for Destro and Demo and I feel like that not having that or a full tier set is crippling you. Also, if you really do not like playing Destruction, then I'd encourage you to go Demo on most of these fights. I personally play Demo 50% of the time and it is still a great spec and will most likely pass Destro when you get your legendary.

 

First I want to start with your "Problem fights" Xhul and Soc. With XH you need to be casting Havoc on one imp, then CBing the other. I would not suggest touching the Voidfiends unless you can Shadowburn them. Also, you only used Dark Soul three times: once in the beginning and twice in execute. Seeing as you have the DSI trinket, try to line up Dark Soul with the procs from that trinket (and that goes for any fight). When Vanguard Akkelion and Omnus hit 20%, stop havocing the imps and havoc XH and SB the big add three times. If your average Shadowburn hits for 150k, then you are doing 1.8 million damage in those three globals. The damage potential is insane. Especially with DS and trinkets up.

 

On Socrethar just treat the fight like a single target boss. It's a pretty dreadful fight that I have trouble with too. Just make sure you Havoc CB Shadowcallers and immediately switch to the Dominators. Don't touch the ghosts unless it is called for.

 

Also, a note about Tyrant. In the first two phases when the adds are up, Havoc/CB on cooldown.

 

Overall make sure you know when you are going to DS. It isn't given to you at set times like Demo is. Destro is far more abstract than Demonology and at times, that makes it harder to manage. Try to save your Doomguard for execute on every fight (I pop it around 30% on heroics). If you don't have a GSR, go to an Oregorger pug and get one. That trinket is your life until class trinket.

 

A lot of the stuff I posted above for other people may help out too, so give that a read if you want. I hope I helped!

First of all, thanks for replying to not just my post but everyones.

 

I know I know I regret it everytime someone mentions it lol. I had a heroic gsr and de'ed it a while back when it was no longer relevant. I was still demo at the time and was using heroic darmacs and crucible which I do still have. I'm actually surprised that the crucible isn't better than the kaz trinket. When I was using it I would often see a volley of chaos bolt multistrikes blast the target. 

 

I actually still have my heroic t17 gloves and shoulders so I suppose I could swap one of those back in. I was just hoping the ilevel diff would help. 

 

As for the fights, our RL forces all ranged to be on the vvoid fiends when they are up, which for us is non stop. With tyrant, we are told not to dps the second phase add at all as the melee cleave usually kills it aims the same time she goes into p3.

 

I'm really mad I sharded that trinket though lol. I even looked on my account to see if I could still restore it and no luck. 

Edited by vaeevictiss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, was hoping to get some help on improving my affliction DPS. We have another warlock that's similarly geared, yet he seems to almost always pull ahead 10-15k. Wondering what I'm doing wrong and can improve on. Here are some logs (Tyrant): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Rzr9VLqxBMGhcCZm#type=damage-done&fight=8 . Also Fel Lord (I assume a lot of this one has to do with horrendous uptimes...): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wQjY2GK8T9bACFVa#fight=6&type=damage-done&source=3 . Would greatly appreciate any help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Laenaya, could you possibly link warcraft logs? They are much easier to read and have more information for me to look at. I'll tell you what I can from what I gleaned from AMR logs though.

 

First of all, I would like to address your use of Affliction. If you like playing it, that's great! I personally would recommend Destro/Demo for the majority of the fights this tier. Aff just does not have the toolkit to deal with a lot of the mechanics thrown at you that the other specs have. The only viable Aff fight is Zakuun, in my eyes. If you're hellbent on playing Aff, then it's cool, you just won't have ideal dps on some of the fights.

 

With Affliction, try to keep 100% uptime on your Haunting Souls and all of your dots. The safest dot to let drop off is Corruption, so if you have to sacrifice Corruption uptime to refresh Agony and Unstable Affliction, go right ahead. Just make sure you get it back up ASAP, as you gain Shards from the dot.

 

If you can get into BRF and get the Darmac trinket, that would be great too. Even the normal version beats out that heroic runestone.

 

As far as grimoires go, I would steer clear of GoServ, but Sac and Sup are pretty good. High movement fights = Sup. Low movement = Sac. Also, yes, change over all of your gems/chants to Mastery. It is more effective than Haste and it shows.

 

Thanks, I'll try it out this week and see how it goes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

well I can use some help here, I got a very inconsistant DPS, I've just some logs on archi nm, and no kill, so maybe it isn't enough to make conclusions. But I tought that at my ilvl I must normally pull some 45-50k and I'm far from it... most of the time around 30-35.

 

I reworked my interface, controled my "mouse over" macros, tuned my weakauras, read the guides, watched videos... it doesn't seem enough huh.png

 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/8cBdGpx6qNR1WCYA/

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kirin-tor/Satguiel/simple

 

Thanks for your time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

well I can use some help here, I got a very inconsistant DPS, I've just some logs on archi nm, and no kill, so maybe it isn't enough to make conclusions. But I tought that at my ilvl I must normally pull some 45-50k and I'm far from it... most of the time around 30-35.

 

I reworked my interface, controled my "mouse over" macros, tuned my weakauras, read the guides, watched videos... it doesn't seem enough huh.png

 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/8cBdGpx6qNR1WCYA/

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kirin-tor/Satguiel/simple

 

Thanks for your time.

I cant say much as i am here for help myself, but your immolate uptime is really low. Average across all 21 attempts is 75%. That last attempt, which was the first to come up, was only 48%. 

 

thats all i can really add here hah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I have indeed some difficulties to keep it up on archi, main reason being his size, his nameplate disapears non stop and I track dots on them unsure.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I have indeed some difficulties to keep it up on archi, main reason being his size, his nameplate disapears non stop and I track dots on them unsure.png

You don't use any other form of DoT tracker other than nameplates?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the dots on the boss frame too but not so used to look at it as i keep eye on my feet, placement, procs, timers... so nameplates  with http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/kuinameplatesis pretty nice on most bosses but the very high ones like archi.

 

But immolation doesn't make 10k dps

 

In fact I have 3 places where I see my dots: focus frame, nameplate, bossframe

2015_interface.jpg

Edited by Satguiel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the dots on the boss frame too but not so used to look at it as i keep eye on my feet, placement, procs, timers... so nameplates  with http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/kuinameplatesis pretty nice on most bosses but the very high ones like archi.

 

But immolation doesn't make 10k dps

 

 

 

Immolate contributes a lot to DPS not just by it's direct damage, but also on ember generation for more chaos bolts.  That is what makes it's uptime important.

Edited by Zilthy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also find myself struggling on Arch (and Mann tbh). I look at logs and see the problem: moments of very low dps, then spikes. I'm considering going Sup/Serv for Arch to try it so at least a good chunk of my dps is still going out until I get used to the fight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since the last logs I linked I managed too keep my immolation a lot higher, wednedsay we did the whole raid in normal mode and the day after we got till zakuun un heroic, but even so I'm still not so high on recount, I'm not very comfortable with fire and brimstone which makes a big difference between me and the other warlocks of the raid in thie tier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since the last logs I linked I managed too keep my immolation a lot higher, wednedsay we did the whole raid in normal mode and the day after we got till zakuun un heroic, but even so I'm still not so high on recount, I'm not very comfortable with fire and brimstone which makes a big difference between me and the other warlocks of the raid in thie tier

The main thing with FnB with CR is to never AoE Chaos Bolt with less than 3 embers unless you just cast FnB Incinerate.

 

Dropping out of FnB when AoE is up is pretty punishing. The absolute WORST thing you can do is FnB Chaos Bolt at 20 embers right as a pack of adds hits execute range.

 

Get FnB Immolate rolling if adds live long enough, then alternate Chaos Bolt with Incinerate and Conflag, paying attention to the above.

 

Should help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok,

 

My DPS this X-pac has been far from stellar.  I will chalk some of that up to simply not playing as much as I used to, so being a bit less in tune with my toon. But last night's HFC was abyssmal.

 

I need help from good locks, to tear through my logs, and provide me some pointers.  

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog/player/us/jaedenar/tituslock

That's a link to all my logs I've recorded using Ask Mr. Robot. 

 

I'm at a loss, my lock has been my main since BC, and would appreciate any honest critiques/tips. I can post a screenshot of my UI later this evening as well.

 

I am currently running Sac/CR and usually sac the felhunter, and occasionally VW for the health cooldown.

 

I believe one thing I'm definitely not doing as much as I need to is Havoc/SB the boss for added cleave damage.

 

Gear wise, I only have 2 piece T17, and 1 piece T18. Though I'm fairly well statted on my gear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry Tituslock I cannot read AMR logs.

 

For Slyone,

 

Assuming that Slyyone in the logs is you what talents were you using? As I see no Haunting Spirits (HS) buff (the one you get from SB: Haunt) and yet you are definitely not using DemServ and unlikely Cata as it is a single target fight and you did not cast it.

 

Are you aware that to get the empowerment to your Haunt spell you still manually have to Cast Soulburn and then Haunt? Work on getting the HS buff as close to 100% uptime as you can (soulshard permitting), keep a closer eye on Unstable Affliction and then see what your damage is like.

 

Edited for an error.

Edited by spikeysquad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hello all, 

 

I'm having the same problem as some others. 

I played demo (demonbolt) in BRF and was always in top5 dps or so. 

Since HFC i started playing destro, read a lot about it, invested a lot of time in it and its just not paying off. 

I'm allways at the bottom of the dps meters, sometimes i'm even lower than the the tanks. frown.png 

Our guild have now reached archimond on HC and will start mythic soon and i just need to improve if i want to keep playing. 

 

Here is a link to the armory and the logs of my guild. 

I think i have my 2set T18 bonus this thursday (just to give an idea) 

 

Hope you guys can help me to improve 

 

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/jacquart/simple

 

warcraftlogs.com/guilds/11008

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So I just been informed that unless I can bring the numbers up, I going to start being sat on Heroic nights, and only allowed to come in for normal. This is a problem as I never been sat and always been good. But since switch back to destro for HFC, I finding that I am dead last pretty much on all fights, and my dps is super low.

 

Here are my logs:

 


 


 


 


 

I would appreciate any help that can be given, I don't know if it just because I seem to suck using CR or if team comp of 3x hunters, a mage, and 2 dps warrior is keeping me from getting lot of dps out. I finding adds die pretty fast, most times I lucky to get an incinerate off on Killrogg adds before they die. 

 

It seems if I go Demo and use DB I decent on ST mostly fights like IR, but most fights favor destro, so got to get dps up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Nytemare,

 

Firstly, have you tried Affliction? On a few fights you should get better numbers with that rather than Destro or Demo.

 

Though your raid team will affect your performance your play matters much more. Let's find some issues:

 

Weak Openers. Get it perfect. 

 

DS: Do you prefer it glyphed? I believe most people with CR play without.

 

Doomguard: Unless you have an increased damage taken by boss phase or you need it to get through a nuke phase then use in the opener. 

 

Generally you need to learn the padding mindset better once things are on farm and use those F&B CBs more, more SB sniping and especially with Havoc. Less resource capping (you do a LOT).

 

Otherwise your issues are mostly the same like the ones I listed in this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spike thanks.

 

Weak Opener: Ok thanks I going to watch some opener videos from furty and others to improve that.

 

DG: Yeah I try to use him at the start, but think my issue with him is either sometimes I forget to pop him or I click it during GCD and he doesn't pop, and I just going to fast. I work on this.

 

DS: I have no preference, I tested on different fights to see which one is better. Figure it was good on fights like Assault, and Gore, or anytime something has to be nuke asap. Pop DS and nuke it.

 

 

For affliction I not fan of the spec, never really cared for it. I did recently switch to it, but in my current BRF gear and only having a few HFC, Sims shows demo DB still winning out right now for me.  

Edited by Nytemare

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess Assault the glyph could be useful on if you are struggling with priority damage or you want lots of overal damage from AoE spam. Perhaps Xhul for add damage assuming that you do not have to worry about last phase DPS. Otherwise nothing else really comes to mind. 

 

Gore definitely not in my opinion. I get 60 second uptime on DS in (2) feasts unglyphed. Though again if you are struggling on adds then yes adapt I guess. Take all of this with a grain of salt as I do not know the bosses that well and to be honest I play unglyphed on everything (nm/hc) right now and some I do as Affliction.

 

Have to say I find it odd that Affliction is so far behind Demo for you as the former is super strong but then I do have nice gear and a lot of haste compared to some people that I talk to. Your armoury is not working at the moment so I couldn't check it out. I have been neglecting Demo since the buffs to the other specs though and perhaps I should give it a decent run again and see how it compares.

Edited by spikeysquad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...