Jump to content
Liquidsteel

The Help My DPS Thread

Recommended Posts

Hey all. Pretty new to..everything, and just looking for help with my DPS. Just started logging on a pub Iskar attempt while I wait for the guild to approve me on warcraftlogs, but hoping someone an help me with this.

 

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog/6bd4a895-cf0f-4fed-8cca-a2be3ca69739/compare/3#c=21,cl=021b0ee4-4303-4ef2-8ca4-7f8cbbdd827a,cf=62,cp=17,cb=damage-total,cc=use

 

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. I feel like there's some big mistake I'm making stifling my DPS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

 

Our raid group is looking to improve our 1 warlock. Our groups Warcraftlogs skills jave capped out and looking to see if anyone else can spot things on where to improve

 

Armoury: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alakir/Ilkior/advanced

the other warlock is

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/karazhan/Rafaj/advanced

 

Logs from last raid night: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/gCtDqXyPZ4FpvabB#type=damage-done&fight=9

 

On a mostly single target fight the 2 warlocks in the group are close on damage. The moment adds come into it they pull apart in final dps.

 

Both have low uptimes on Immolate. But is the difference due to just Havoc & Shadowburn usage? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're very welcome Tadmg. Can I suggest to stop playing Affliction for a bit? At least on farm. Practice the points I listed and you should see a significant jump and stuff becoming a lot more automatic. Yeah there are WAs about to tell if you if you are missing a pet or the GoSac buff depending on your talents. Good luck. 

 

Sorry Suspenders but I have never learnt to read AMR Logs so will have have to skip that for now. 

 

For Pittstop,

 

Do your 2 locks actually talk to one another? Find it sad when the same class members do not. By each doing better they push the another to improve (well at least if they have an ounce of competitiveness). Anyhow, moving on. 

 

So I got the impression that you are more concerned about Ilkior? I will not compare them to your second lock but rather to a top class one. 

 

The issues that I found in the Mannorth log for Ilkior:

 

Very low Immolate uptime (only 43% on Mannoroth taking into account your early death). Sometimes you actually cast it too early though and waste that time. Are you aware of the pandemic effect and the safe time?

 

Only 6 Havoc casted in the 7 minutes but not a single one used on SB>CB so stacks need to watched a lot more. When adds are about/due you pretty much want to use this on cooldown

 

7 F&B CBs but they only make 14 hits so you are actually casting them when you shouldn't (and wasting embers). You tend to need at the very least 3 targets and probably more like 4 to be safe and be able to sustain F&B. Were the Imps perhaps dying before it hit? Or were the targets just were not close enough?

 

Only 15 SB (Do you have decent nameplates to show execute mobs clearly? Do you have a mouseover SB macro?). Sniping kills for the ember returns is pretty important on a fight like this but sometimes the Imps just die too fast! SBx3 (in an ideal world) with Havoc is lots of missed DPS as well

 

A missed DS cast (assuming you are playing with AD) but perhaps you were waiting for 2 in execute (and then died)? Try to avoid being capped on stacks as sometimes you will miss the uses and ideally you should be using it with the ring

 

Remember to go into DS with high embers each time. Dump your 3 or 4CBs, build back up and dump again. GSR is also very nice for dumping

 

For overall damage Doomy is better at the start (but yeah if you still struggle at the end it's more sensible then)

 

RoF used for moving only? 24 casts is very very high. Do you know to bank Conflag for movement?

 

Resource Management seems decent. Need to get some more CBs out though in general. More SB kills=More CBs

 

Hope this helps you improve

 

Disclaimer: Always may be errors.

Edited by spikeysquad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Spikeysquad for the info. Will pass it along. Also put some comments below.

You're very welcome Tadmg. Can I suggest to stop playing Affliction for a bit? At least on farm. Practice the points I listed and you should see a significant jump and stuff becoming a lot more automatic. Yeah there are WAs about to tell if you if you are missing a pet or the GoSac buff depending on your talents. Good luck. 

 

Sorry Suspenders but I have never learnt to read AMR Logs so will have have to skip that for now. 

 

For Pittstop,

 

Do your 2 locks actually talk to one another? Find it sad when the same class members do not. By each doing better they push the another to improve (well at least if they have an ounce of competitiveness). Anyhow, moving on. 

(I am the other lock, and we do talk to each other. Both of us want to improve. But log analysis ability at this point is something that is still also being worked on)

 

So I got the impression that you are more concerned about Ilkior? I will not compare them to your second lock but rather to a top class one. 

 

The issues that I found in the Mannorth log for Ilkior:

 

Very low Immolate uptime (only 43% on Mannoroth taking into account your early death). Sometimes you actually cast it too early though and waste that time. Are you aware of the pandemic effect and the safe time?

(This is something that will be addressed as it is low on all fights in the logs)

 

Only 6 Havoc casted in the 7 minutes but not a single one used on SB>CB so stacks need to watched a lot more. When adds are about/due you pretty much want to use this on cooldown (pre-Havoc'ing targets will be mentioned)

 

7 F&B CBs but they only make 14 hits so you are actually casting them when you shouldn't (and wasting embers). You tend to need at the very least 3 targets and probably more like 4 to be safe and be able to sustain F&B. Were the Imps perhaps dying before it hit? Or were the targets just were not close enough? (Imps if clumped usually die pretty quickly with our group, so most likely wasted CB's)

 

Only 15 SB (Do you have decent nameplates to show execute mobs clearly? Do you have a mouseover SB macro?). Sniping kills for the ember returns is pretty important on a fight like this but sometimes the Imps just die too fast! SBx3 (in an ideal world) with Havoc is lots of missed DPS as well (Can only get 1 SB if lucky on an imp, ranged in our group focus the infernals)

 

A missed DS cast (assuming you are playing with AD) but perhaps you were waiting for 2 in execute (and then died)? Try to avoid being capped on stacks as sometimes you will miss the uses and ideally you should be using it with the ring (Both of us are looking at this)

 

Remember to go into DS with high embers each time. Dump your 3 or 4CBs, build back up and dump again. GSR is also very nice for dumping

 

For overall damage Doomy is better at the start (but yeah if you still struggle at the end it's more sensible then)

(We tend to save the Doomguard for bloodlust phase)

 

RoF used for moving only? 24 casts is very very high. Do you know to bank Conflag for movement?

 

Resource Management seems decent. Need to get some more CBs out though in general. More SB kills=More CBs

 

Hope this helps you improve

 

Disclaimer: Always may be errors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Log from Archimonde - we did not log last night's attempt, when I was notified I would be benched if my DPS didn't pick up.

 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/kb2H69z4YZrNgR8h#fight=3

 

My armory:

 

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/hyjal/Suspenders/simple

 

Last night I was able to pace with the Warlock Newks and the S.Priest Seriusclass, but we were all removed and told to improve our DPS, hence why I'm here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're welcome Pittstop. I am glad that you are chatting between yourselves. I didn't look at your logs but nearly all Destro issues are the same so if you also think about the points I listed then you may realise where you can improve as well. Hope I was helpful to you both.

 

Suspenders, do you only play Affliction? In theory you could possibly get more overall damage but I just find that a very strange spec choice for the fight style during progression (and not easy to read either on this boss either). Of course it does depend on how quickly the adds die and perhaps boss damage is lacking. I will say though that it is a harder fight for locks in general but of course there will be areas that you can improve on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 questions:

1. How are you guys performing to the rest of your raid in terms of wow percentile/bracket percentile?

2. Any pointers for me? warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/139531/latest#boss=0

I feel that while I am trying to do the best, I am unable to get to some of the ranks thats some of the people can constantly maintain. Whether that is because I was/am until recently undergeared compared to the rest of my raid, or that I am not put in positions to do those numbers or it is just plain lock, I have no idea.

Edited by adinifinito

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For Suspenders,

 

I really do not know how to Affliction on Archimonde so if you had logs of other fights I could probably help a lot more. Anyhow, some pointers (maybe?). Currently looking at mainly log 3:

 

DoT uptime on Archi: Agony 99, Corr 93, UA 81 so too low if your plan/role is to maximise boss damage. Wipes 1 & 2 were a lot worse

 

Haunting Spirits uptime only 67% though you throw out a lot of regular Haunts

 

DS glyph is not good for Affliction. Are you planning to save 2 DS for execute? As you didn't however this looks like new progression so not sure you will be getting there anyhow

 

No pre-cast in opener (that I can see)/lower burst

 

To be aware Drain Soul on the low side but that should improve as you learn the flow of the fight and minimise movement

 

No Teleport use so could it be good for this fight?

 

Are you sure you need both SacPact and Unending Resolve? I much prefer the glyph for the latter for this kind of fight. What pet are you saccing? As you don't use the Voidy cooldown or interrupt from what I can see

 

Your Drain Life only gives 10-11k healing per tick. Doesn't seem worth it to me but I guess if your healers are struggling then maybe? I tend to think locks are the hardiest class so I slack on the personal cooldowns and go with preventative talent choices

 

On other wipes see some adds that you seem to never damage. Perhaps you do not want to DoT them if they die too quick and/or you are focusing on the boss but I tend to think you should be sniping all kills with Drain Soul as more shards will help with Haunt and even being able to Soul Swap eventually

 

Too much to look into but do the adds you DoT live long enough?

 

Are Haste enchants actually better than Mastery? For multi-target as for me they are not (in Sims anyhow)

 

Other than that not quite sure what is wrong as it is a crazy fight and especially with Affliction to read. You died a couple of times early as well. Didn't look into whether that was your issue or not but might be something to work on as well (or the guild needs to sort healing and Shackles better). Good luck

Edited by spikeysquad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 questions:

1. How are you guys performing to the rest of your raid in terms of wow percentile/bracket percentile?

2. Any pointers for me? warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/139531/latest#boss=0

I feel that while I am trying to do the best, I am unable to get to some of the ranks thats some of the people can constantly maintain. Whether that is because I was/am until recently undergeared compared to the rest of my raid, or that I am not put in positions to do those numbers or it is just plain lock, I have no idea.

 

To answer your first question, I am upper/middle of the pack compared to the rest of my guild in both brackets. However, with how fights are this tier, and this expac in general, I do not believe rankings matter nearly as much as they have in the past. For example, on Kormrok, instead of everyone gearing aoe to rank as high as possible, we all gear single target because the hands melt anyway. It's all about how well you are performing your given tasks in a fight (such as aoeing ghosts on Socrethar or soaking doomfire on Archimonde). Fights like Kilrogg and Hellfire High Council have damage buffs that distort rankings and make them obsolete.

 

As for how you can improve your parses? Well, as previously stated, they simply don't matter that much unless you are parsing extremely low. In mythic you naturally will parse low until you get a competitive amount of gear and begin to parse highly. Your heroic parses, though look great, as you have the competitive ilvl for it. I have the same problem right now, and I am not worrying too much about it.

 

If you feel you are under fire for low parses, just start playing to do stuff that matters. Priority damage is the main thing I'm looking at here. On Kormrok, it seems you love to go Destro and AoE the hands. This is making your boss damage suffer quite tremendously. My most recent kill I was second on boss damage because I went aff to maximize the priority damage.

 

Here is the parse if you really want to see it: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Tv7P283xDBJG9CKX#type=damage-done&target=359

 

Also, raid awareness is a big thing if you fear your raid spot. Just don't stand in bad. Plain and simple. If your UI is ill suited to it, change it! I try to have as little going on in my screen because I wan't to see everything!

 

If this doesn't help, and you feel like your damage is a serious issue for some reason, I'll look further into your logs. Unfortunately I could only skim them right now, as I am leaving for work soon. Best of luck, though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I missing it somehow. What damage buff does council have?

If you get targeted by Gurtogg's Fel Rage, you do 200% increased damage to him while you have it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I missing it somehow. What damage buff does council have?

If you get targeted by Gurtogg's Fel Rage, you do 200% increased damage to him while you have it.

 

 

Guess the tooltip I looked at didn't have this info. Good to know, even if I haven't been targeted yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A thank you would have been nice Suspenders... However, did you even read my post? As you did not seem to make any changes in your talent or glyph choices. Until you unglyph DS your damage will be lacking.

 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/t1yzCnRbPTWAqa9G#fight=46&type=damage-done A WCL log of that fight.

Edited by spikeysquad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A thank you would have been nice 

 

 

lol, I've been doing this for two years, read thousands of posts, audited hundreds of logs, answered dozens of PMs, and fielded god only knows how many ingame mails and whispers. I can count the number of people that said 'thank you' on both hands and half a foot.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A thank you would have been nice Suspenders... However, did you even read my post? As you did not seem to make any changes in your talent or glyph choices. Until you unglyph DS your damage will be lacking.

 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/t1yzCnRbPTWAqa9G#fight=46&type=damage-done A WCL log of that fight.

 

I hadn't, the last reply to me I had seen prior to posting the Zakuun fight was 

 

 

"Suspenders, do you only play Affliction? In theory you could possibly get more overall damage but I just find that a very strange spec choice for the fight style during progression (and not easy to read either on this boss either). Of course it does depend on how quickly the adds die and perhaps boss damage is lacking. I will say though that it is a harder fight for locks in general but of course there will be areas that you can improve on."

 

Apologies, and thank you for your well thought out response.

 

 

For Suspenders,

 

I really do not know how to Affliction on Archimonde so if you had logs of other fights I could probably help a lot more. Anyhow, some pointers (maybe?). Currently looking at mainly log 3:

 

DoT uptime on Archi: Agony 99, Corr 93, UA 81 so too low if your plan/role is to maximise boss damage. Wipes 1 & 2 were a lot worse

 

Haunting Spirits uptime only 67% though you throw out a lot of regular Haunts

I believe this is due to mismanagement of Soul Shards. Is it woth it to spend one Shard to keep Haunt on target, or is it better to save for Haunting Spirits?

 

DS glyph is not good for Affliction. Are you planning to save 2 DS for execute? As you didn't however this looks like new progression so not sure you will be getting there anyhow

Our wipes are usually between 25%-15% percent, and yes, it is progression. Which glyph should I replace it with? I've been using

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/affliction-warlock-pve-dps-guide as my reference guide.

 

No pre-cast in opener (that I can see)/lower burst

Admittedly bad play, no excuse.

 

To be aware Drain Soul on the low side but that should improve as you learn the flow of the fight and minimise movement

Looking at my Zakuun fight, this seems to be a recurring trend. I believe I tunnel too much on keeping DoTs fresh, and need to be more mindful to channel at more opportunities.

 

No Teleport use so could it be good for this fight?

I do usually keep a Gate up, but apparently this fight I didn't. No excuse.

 

Are you sure you need both SacPact and Unending Resolve? I much prefer the glyph for the latter for this kind of fight. What pet are you saccing? As you don't use the Voidy cooldown or interrupt from what I can see

While learning the Archimonde fight I've taken a lot of unnecessary damage and have specced into both for extra mitigation. I usually use the Fel Hunter, but our guild has set interrupts and I have mine as a back-up. I will try Void next attempts.

 

Your Drain Life only gives 10-11k healing per tick. Doesn't seem worth it to me but I guess if your healers are struggling then maybe? I tend to think locks are the hardiest class so I slack on the personal cooldowns and go with preventative talent choices

Drain Life is used in sub-20% HP situations as a last resort. I will refrain from using it in future pulls after Glyphs have been changed.

 

On other wipes see some adds that you seem to never damage. Perhaps you do not want to DoT them if they die too quick and/or you are focusing on the boss but I tend to think you should be sniping all kills with Drain Soul as more shards will help with Haunt and even being able to Soul Swap eventually

I often find myself struggling to proc Shards - this is a fundamental misplay and I will be more aware of sniping with Drain Soul.

 

Too much to look into but do the adds you DoT live long enough?

Dooom Lords yes. The felhunters are not priority for me, but I suppose I should be using Drain Soul on their death.

 

Are Haste enchants actually better than Mastery? For multi-target as for me they are not (in Sims anyhow)

Using AMR Best-In-Slot options and the guide previously linked, Haste =/= Mastery. Do you suggest I resocket and enchant completely?

 

Other than that not quite sure what is wrong as it is a crazy fight and especially with Affliction to read. You died a couple of times early as well. Didn't look into whether that was your issue or not but might be something to work on as well (or the guild needs to sort healing and Shackles better). Good luck

Shackles has been a recurring issue for our raid. This was the only log available for me to post at the time of my original request, I would have prefered a fight I was more comfortable with, but regardless I appreciate your input.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol, I've been doing this for two years, read thousands of posts, audited hundreds of logs, answered dozens of PMs, and fielded god only knows how many ingame mails and whispers. I can count the number of people that said 'thank you' on both hands and half a foot.

 

 

Yeah log reading or even replying to posts in general is definitely a thankless job at times to the point I have severely cut down the amount I do analyse. But why is that? I tend think I am polite enough. Do people get offended that we criticise their play? Because that is what they have asked us to do in the first place! Or do they just forget and never actually return to read it? I don't get it.

 

Of course I will be the first to admit perhaps I have made a post somewhere in a thread and then forgotten to reply when someone does respond but that cannot be happening such a high majority of the time with people. Locky and to all contributors here thank you for the work you do do, it is appreciated by me as I still learn new things all the time.

 

Ah no worries then Suspenders sometimes posts do go unnoticed. I have things to do now but if someone does not reply first I will try to get back to your post tomorrow. As to the Dark Soul glyph I never use it for Affliction even if the fight ends on an odd number. Does anyone here? Just to check that I am not actually giving bad info.

 

Haven't looked that deeply so perhaps Newks got lucky with tier set procs and you not but their DS: M uptime is 45% and yours 27%. You were also using the class trinket, correct? Anyhow, will come back to this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

lol, I've been doing this for two years, read thousands of posts, audited hundreds of logs, answered dozens of PMs, and fielded god only knows how many ingame mails and whispers. I can count the number of people that said 'thank you' on both hands and half a foot.

 

 

Yeah log reading or even replying to posts in general is definitely a thankless job at times to the point I have severely cut down the amount I do analyse. But why is that? I tend think I am polite enough. Do people get offended that we criticise their play? Because that is what they have asked us to do in the first place! Or do they just forget and never actually return to read it? I don't get it.

 

Of course I will be the first to admit perhaps I have made a post somewhere in a thread and then forgotten to reply when someone does respond but that cannot be happening such a high majority of the time with people. Locky and to all contributors here thank you for the work you do do, it is appreciated by me as I still learn new things all the time.

 

Ah no worries then Suspenders sometimes posts do go unnoticed. I have things to do now but if someone does not reply first I will try to get back to your post tomorrow. As to the Dark Soul glyph I never use it for Affliction even if the fight ends on an odd number. Does anyone here? Just to check that I am not actually giving bad info.

 

Haven't looked that deeply so perhaps Newks got lucky with tier set procs and you not but their DS: M uptime is 45% and yours 27%. You were also using the class trinket, correct? Anyhow, will come back to this.

 

 

I actually pride myself on in-game and communication mannerism, so your post was definitely an "Oooohhh god damn it" moment for me. Sorry again for the lack of consideration - you're giving me your time, and I really, really appreciate it. We don't have many Locks(Read:One other) in our guild, so I don't have many in-game resources to tap.

 

I'm currently reglyphing and redoing my masteries, and plan on running the same as http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Sparkuggz/simple  . Correct, I am using the normal class trinket. Thanks again for your time, I look forward to your or the first response(which I'm sure I'll see, as I'm actually following the thread).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys, I've been reading some posts from this thread and have noticed some top raiders ask for help, so I figured what the hell, if they're asking for help, there's no shame in a lowly lock like myself asking for it too. I recently joined a progression guild and noticed their lock outdoes me, pretty much consistently. I couldn't find our last guild progression run, so I hope this is good enough? 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/yF6m32GvrckdhJAT#fight=1&type=damage-doneI'm Urthemiel. The other lock does have his 4 set, but would that make it a huge difference?

 

One more for reference https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/yF6m32GvrckdhJAT#fight=5&type=damage-done .

 

There has only been 1 fight where I have outdone both locks, 1 wasn't present during this particular raid. and that was Kormrok. Cataclysm on the hand phase always helps me out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My lock for judgement http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dark-iron/Urthemiel/simple(he's demonology since that spec is fun in timewalking at the moment) Thank you for your time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi again Suspenders,

 

Don't worry about misisng my post, it happens and I understand that. 

 

So a couple of things. Firstly the logs that I read are 95%+ farm kills and hence I did not really take into account Archimonde is still progress for you so I apologise for this. If you feel you need all those defensive cooldowns on progress to actually survive the new mechanics until the healers sort out stuff then go for it. However, let me talk about what you are missing out on! So in future at least you can make an informed decision for each fight.

 

Firstly, Unending Resolve. On your Archimonde kill you will probably use it 2-4 times. If you glyph it you reduce all incoming damage by 10% (on top of our Soul Leech). On a fight like that with a constant damage from Desecrate, shackles and Doomfire if you are slow and the like that is a huge decrease in damage taken making your healers use less mana. 

 

Soul Link gives you 20% more HP so you can survive stuff more easily though I don't think it heals if you GoSac. Like I said pretty much I am always the last to die and when you use the Voidy thing on top it is so win. Anyhow, consider what works best for you but our passive defences are pretty win. Anyhow, onto your questions:

 

Haunting Spirits>Regular Haunt. Yes the first costs double but remember you actually get the regular Haunt as well with it. You want Haunting Spirits at 100% uptime ideally and that has to be your priority. I think you have to find your own way with shard management depending on gear/playstayle etc. Generally though the safest option is to stay at least with 2 shards so you can reapply SB: Haunt as needed. If I am at 4 I will cast a regular Haunt so I do not waste a Nightfall proc. If I am at 3 I now have this Weak Aura that shows me on the next Nightfall whether I will get one back or a double shard and hence whether I should spent it or not.

 

Ideally for the best results you want regular Haunts with buffs to make the most of them so full coverage in DS is great, with trinket procs and during BL/Hero and so on. Does this make sense? Sometimes though I will be say on two shards to 28 seconds to Haunting Spirits dropping off and I will throw out a Haunt if I have a bunch of procs up and usually this pays off with a nice boost. Other times I don't get don't get any Nighfall procs before SB: Haunt is due and I lose damage hence why I say you kind of have to find your own way in how you will do things.  

 

Far too much rambling, ok next topic. Yeah I still advise against the Dark Soul glyph ever for a few reasons. If you want me to list them I will but give it a whirl and see how you like the 20 second one. When you get your ring you will definitely want to be having a longer DS: M to line up. For now I would actually suggest that you probably want to line up your DS with your 20 second Sandmans Pouch buff (assuming you are not saving that DS for a nuke phase and/or BL/Hero). It's a crit buff but a buff is a buff and one of the few ones you have. Hopefully DSI drops for you soon or do perhaps have DuT from BRF?

 

I personally have not used Affliction much in HFC above the obvious ones so I do not know on how many fights you multidot things. I would assume though it's probably more than where you have DoTs on just a single target? Hence I tend to think mastery>haste. Note my words though I say "think" as I am unsure. You only play Affliction I think as well? As if you said two specs then I would say definitely go with mastery.

 

Onto your Zakuun log:

 

Dot uptime good but you do cast DoTs too early sometimes and miss GCDs. It is possible you had to move though and then it's ok if you do not have to Lifetap/use Healthstone etc. Are you aware of when pandemic starts for each DoT? Be aware it would have changed with your trinket.

 

Haunting Spirits at 84% so it is possible if you managed shards differently this could be higher.

 

Try to have 2 DS in BL/Hero 

 

No potion use 

 

Otherwise you seemed to play pretty well though twice it seems you you refreshed Haunting Spirits too early so keep an eye on this. I find Affliction very RNG and my numbers are all over the place so do not worry too much.

Edited by spikeysquad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks again Spikey! I took into account your suggestions for the last raid we had, and though I did notice an increase, I still feel like I am lacking, especially on a fight like this Tyrant one:

 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/3yJWCbM9KxdVPaQ4#fight=6&type=summary

 

I feel like Tyrant is a fight I should be performing top 5 on, but I was thoroughly disappointed with my performance. Looking at guildies iLvl and my own I just feel like I should be putting out more raw numbers. Am I being paranoid or underperforming? Looking at https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/10355913/latest#boss=1784&bracket=10 seems to place me as vastly underperforming..As far as only playing Affliction, I am learning Destro at the moment, and don't feel comfortable bringing it into guild raids yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest 2nihon

GM keeps sitting me because he says my DPS is low on Archimonde Heroic. We did two recorded attempts with me before he kicked me out for the night.

 

Apologies if these are too many logs or not enough, but these are all the recorded attempts I have.

 

Last night:

Second attempt (best, stayed up longer):

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/mZTwRfLgzxCDBJyQ#fight=6&type=damage-done&source=30

 

First attempt (wasn't on my game as much as I could have been):

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/mZTwRfLgzxCDBJyQ#fight=3&type=damage-done&source=30

 

Last week:

 

Second attempt:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/mZTwRfLgzxCDBJyQ#fight=6&type=damage-done&source=30

 

First attempt:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/mZTwRfLgzxCDBJyQ#fight=3&type=damage-done&source=30

 

I've been focusing on my optimal rotation as per IcyVeins (release two chaos bolts at 2.5 instead of 4 is the big change for me) and I notice that I am dealing a lot more damage than before. But I notice those huge dips in there where I am doing almost no damage, and it concerns me that those dips are what are causing my average DPS to slide. Watching Recount, I start off around 42K and by the end of the fight I'm only at 34K or so.

 

Of course Archie requires a lot of movement, so I try to get situated in places where I have to move as little as possible and can start casting again.

 

Running Charred Remains.

Grimoire of Sacrifice - Sacrified Voidwalker for extra health pool

 

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/Nezzwek/advanced

 

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/player/us/thrall/nezzwek

 

Any help would be very, very much appreciated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll try to answer a few questions.

 

Firstly regarding armoury - you haven't put a gem in your legs and judging by your news feed you've had them for a while. Get a 75 Mastery gem in there asap.

 

You're also using the Glyph of Dark Soul which is pretty pointless in this tier. Unless you have some whacky strategy where you need 10s burst on a 1 minute cooldown, go with the 20s Dark Soul to sync up with the legendary ring.

 

Your trinkets are pretty bad though. PoF is yucky to use and on multi target requires quick reactions to swap to the affected target. UGoS is better but still not great. If you have trinkets from last tier they're still pretty good, especially GSR paired with DSI. If your guild can go and faceroll Beastlord Darmac / Oregorger it's well worth it. My DUT (socketed) and GSR (socket and warforged) are still being used now.

 

Before I look at the logs I'm also a bit worried about the statement "release two chaos bolts at 2.5 instead of 4". I sincerely hope this doesn't mean that you cast 2 Chaos Bolts EVERY time you hit 2.5 embers and follow it religiously. It's not a rule, it's a guideline. The guideline is to prevent over capping (maxxing at 4 embers) and is not in any way, shape or form a rule regarding rotation or play style. Destruction is a fluid spec which requires micro-management of your secondary resource in order to maximise damage. Plan and react based on the needs of the encounter and not the needs of your resource bar; it is there to assist you, you are not there to be controlled by it.

 

I rambled a bit but I really wanted to hammer the point home that you shouldn't be basing your decisions solely of of your ember count. You should be manipulating your embers as required by the encounter at hand.

 

On to the logs... I'm looking at your second attempt on the second night and will be comparing it with my own log from yesterday's boost run.

 

I've gone ahead and set my log to 4 minutes 30 to better gauge the difference.

 

First thing I like to check is Havoc, which you didn't even cast once. Comparatively I cast it 12 times. I appreciate that we reached the phase with all the adds about a minute faster than you, but you would still have had an extra Doomfire / Deathcaller to deal with anyway. Not using Havoc is basically throwing away a free Chaos Bolt every 15s on this fight.

 

Summon Doomguard - you cast it about 30s into the fight, why? Save it for the Bloodlust in execute. If you were trying to push damage to not get benched, just use it on the pull when you have damage buffs up.

 

Shadowburn - subtracting the 10 I cast on Dreadstalkers, I managed 8 shadowburns. You only cast 2. This is not including the 10 I copied via Havoc as I didn't have time to sift through where those went. I'm fairly certain 2-3 will have been cleaved from Doomfire / Deathcallers to the boss.

 

Chaos Bolt - I cast 39 Chaos Bolts with 44 hits (via Havoc). You cast 29 but only 26 hit. Are you tracking mob HP properly? If you start casting Chaos Bolt on a Doomfire Spirit that will die before it reaches you just wasted a lot of damage. Learn to snipe Shadowburns properly and predict if you can actually squeeze off a Chaos Bolt. Our Haste / Crit are fairly equal so we should be getting off similar amounts of spells, mine will just hit harder.

 

That's all I have time to quickly look at now but really you need to actually use Havoc and actively Shadowburn. Fix Dark Soul Glyph for more consistent burst.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For Urthemiel,

 

Busy at the moment but will try to get to your logs soon if no one else does. For now stick with SB: Haunt with GoSac (except the latter on Council maybe). Try and keep Haunting Spirits buff at 100% (Haunting Spirits>Regular Haunt), minimise your movement so you have more Drain Soul uptime and stop capping on shards. If you raid again please log and hopefully you will see some improvement. Good luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...