FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.4 Warlock (Intellect) Trinkets

They're all close. There is no "BiS" in those terms. They also proc so randomly that you can't say one is better than the other. However, if you're looking PURELY at the static statistics, yes, Crit isn't that strong and should be reforged. One pull Breath will be best. The next, Cha-Ye's will. The third, Wush procs 50 times. It's RNG. There is no clear way of defining Best In Slot when such elements exist.

• Like 1

For a LFR WOOSho's i wouldn't bother switching. Posted Image

I +8'd it tried, but did not really see any improvement. Interestingly, simcraft showed a huge increase.

Hello, I'm a destro/demo lock, but only use destro for raiding, so this one is for raiding.

Seeing my ilvl +526, I have a problem not pulling enough single target dps.

aoe m always toppin charts, but single target...

I'm really familiar with the rotation, read up on it as much as I can so I can only suggest 2 things I need to change,

1 being: reforged for mastery>haste>crit setup

2 being proper choice of trinkets, I have the 522 shado pan one, and all other's at 502 ilvl. (might add I can upgrade em all true vp's atm if it matters, but don't wanna waste vp's on 'worst trinkets')

I now use breathe of the hydra 502 and shado pan one 522, hopin to get int buff+DS for 5 big CB's

I do not have probs with watching trinketsprocs, so won't mind to use lei shen's 502 if u advise...

But what would be the best setup for reforge prio's in order for wich trinkets?

Plz help cos the target dummies aren't a great way due to procs liability, and many other guides contradict...

and plz don't say go demo with lei shen, cos I only use demo in pvp capture the flag, a new era of flag carriers is born, we are OP with demon hunting atm :)

I liked the Breath + UVLS combo when I was playing Destro. Huge CB hits + extra Ember gen. is pretty nice. I haven't messed around with Destro in raiding for a couple weeks though so maybe someone can shed some light on what they think about the trinks, but overall a 510 BotH/UVLS combo is going to beat a BotH/Volatile Talisman combo. A haste proc is fairly lackluster even though the static int isn't bad. If you can successfully get off a CB during a UVLS proc you will get better results with it.

Cha Ye's/Wush are decent alternatives over Volatile Tali as well. If you take Wush be prepared to have a ton of Hit to deal with.

Reforging for Destro is fairly trivial. M>H>>C is a good way to go for this tier with no real significant, gamebreaking haste breakpoints to shoot for. Broken record coming in, but your reforge isn't going to solve your single-target dps issues. High Immolate/RoF uptimes, proper CB/Int proc timing, maximum uses of cooldowns, maximum uses of Havoc where appropriate, correct selection of grimoire/pet combo are all things that will yield better DPS for you.

My personal taste was to go with M=H>>C since I liked the extra little bit of casting speed I got. Purely a playstyle choice since I hate watching paint dry as I'm castingPosted Image

Don't shy away from making a thread if you want some detailed feedback on your gameplay! Just be sure to provide an armory link and some logs of fights you're concerned about.

• Like 1

Best two for Destruction would be Breath of the Hydra, Wushoolay's, or Cha-Ye's. Unerring, esp the 502 version, would be rather cruddy. The ShadoPan trinket is meh, but since it's 522, I'd use it and either Wush or Breath. I'd personally go with Breath of the Hydra because it gives Haste, a big Int bonus, and won't require reforging like Wush.

Added item level coefficients for 5.4, added the 5.4 trinkets. Still no reliable RPPM values to math out, so that will be forthcoming.

ptr.wowhead.com is showing a 20 second duration and a 60 sec ICD for inv_jewelry_orgrimmarraid_trinket_07.jpgPurified Bindings of Immerseus. 33% uptime on that trinket would be huge, especially because the 1st, 4th, 7th, 10th, etc procs would happen right on the minute marks lining up with Dark Soul and all other minute-based interval CDs (Synapse Springs, Berserking, Blood Fury, etc.). Definitely going to be quite awesome if that goes live.

inv_jewelry_orgrimmarraid_trinket_15.jpgFrenzied Crystal of Rage is showing a 4.34% chance to cleave to all nearby targets. This trinket gets significantly better the more targets you are hitting. I'm not finding any information on the range of the trinket or what effects occur. Not sure if DoTs work as well as direct damage spells. This gives that Cunning of the Cruel feeling where it just generated a cleaving Shadow Bolt, but as far as I can tell, this won't generate any direct damage in single target situations. If it does, it might be worthwhile. It would come out to around a 4.34% DPS increase if that occurred, but it's too early to tell. As you acquire more targets, the proc rate would be dependent on what abilities you were using and how proficient you were at maintaining DPS on multiple targets. As a passive cleave, it's a boring trinket for sure, but might be effective.

inv_jewelry_orgrimmarraid_trinket_02.jpgAlpha and Omega is showing a 0.61 RPPM proc rate with an internal CD of 22 seconds meaning it is modeled EXACTLY like Wushoolay's except with a slightly higher RPPM rate. You also have to generate the Intellect procs by casting fast spells, and I'm unsure what works here. Spamming Fel Flame, MG, Incinerate, or Touch of Chaos might be the fastest way to stack it to 20. Remember, the 0.61 RPPM rate is affected by Haste and the item level. A normal SoO trinket will be ilvl 553, so you can use the chart on the first post to multiply that coefficient by 0.61 and then multiply by (1+your Haste) to see the approximate expected procs per minute. It should be moderately higher than Wush due to the higher base coefficient and considerably higher item level.

spell_shadow_mindflay.jpg5.4 Raid - Normal - Siege of Orgrimmar - Boss X Loot X - Int Hit Trinket (5) doesn't have a name yet, but it's coming out with a similar CD like Immerseus with a 60 sec CD and 20 sec duration. We won't be using this piece of crap, however, because we don't care about the minimal Crit chance increase. 11759 rating converts to about 13%.

inv_jewelry_orgrimmarraid_trinket_13.jpgKardris' Toxic Totem includes a 19.6% chance to inflict Multistrike which will do 1/3 of the damage to your target. I guess consider this like the legendary proc from Tarecgosa except with a worse modifier and only 1/3 of the copied damage. If you average it all out, this should be around a 6 to 7% damage increase but will vary depending on what abilities are copied.

• Like 1

How do you think the spell cleave trinket will work? Will it copy the spell? I'm trying to think of a fight like Windreaver where you have multiple adds that stay up for a while near each other. If you proc some lucky crit Doom cleaves.... yeah. Super luck, but still interesting.

Alpha is way better than Wush. You only need to hit 10 stacks to max it out, which can happen pretty fast, basically resting on your GCD if you do it right. That's about 8-10 seconds of 23,500 int. Pretty insane.

Edited by Omaric

Yup. Without Unerring, it would also make you delay Demonology Dark Soul burst about 8-10 seconds. You'd build up Demonic Fury and Molten Core charges to pop into Meta 10 seconds in with +34k Intellect (with Immerseus trinket) and boom roast some faces. Same with Destruction. These trinkets will alter our opener quite a bit, but I'm going to dig it. 10 seconds into a fight popping everything...Chaos Bolt, Soul Fire, and Haunt are just going to CRUSH souls.

Let's also not forget that this improved Wush..... does not have hit. YAAAAAAAAAY!!!

I dont' see how all casters wouldn't go for Immerseus plus Alpha and Omega. A&O will clearly subject itself to the RNG we see today, but less so, but it does bring a degree of unknown. Immerseus flat out boosts your Mastery by 13%, Haste by 13%, and Crit damage by 13% PASSIVELY. WUT. What I'm unsure of (anyone on the PTR, feel free to contribute) is if it affects your baseline stats or your rating. For example...

Is Haste calculated like this: 25.00% + 13.00% = 38.00%?

Or is Haste calculated like this: 10625 rating (25%) * 1.13 = 12006 Rating (28.25%)?

Or is Haste calculated like this: 1.25*1.13 = 1.4125 = 41.25%?

Clearly one is superior, but it's hard to see what exactly is passively amplified.

Also, with Mastery, the same question persists. If it's based off of each spec's percentage, then Affliction will see a 13% increase in Agony, Corr, and UA's damage while Demonology would see a 13% increased damage from caster form, 13% from pets, and 39% in Metamorphosis. Holy shit. Seems a little OP, so I would assume it'll get built into the actual stat.

Which brings me to my next point...this will ABSOLUTELY make gemming secondary stats an absolute must over Intellect. In fact, it might get so good that you just ignore socket bonuses and go straight for your secondary stat of choice. With this trinket, your gems won't be worth just 320 Mastery or 320 Haste. They will be worth 362 Mastery or 362 Haste. It will also make prioritizing your secondary statistics more important. Not having this trinket will hurt. Having it will be AWESOME.

I just don't see how those two are even compared to the other 3. Int + crit bonus? /puke. Multistrike? maybe...but that's really boring. Cleave? eh, same, and very situational.

Just went on the PTR on my mage: It affects the ratings.

Had 6969 Haste rating on my mage, equipped the trinket, went to 6969 * 1.14 = 7945 rating.

Ah. That's the lamest possibility, but I guess is ok. Still a solid 1800 Mastery, 1100 Haste, and some Crit passively with a huge Int proc.

Scales with item level too, so by the Heroic, and HTF dual upgraded version even it's going to be some crazy amount of stats.

If I recall correctly when it was scaled to 560 for raid testing it was givning 17% more secondaries instead.

And it still gives more secondaries than pretty much any other trinkets overall.

We think the cooldown lineup at the start of PvE encounters has gotten out of hand, and it’s having some rather negative effects on gameplay. Particularly with the number of RPPM procs most raiders have these days, the pull has just become way too important. It’s affecting gearing, it’s punishing classes that can’t capitalize on it as well as others, and it’s not how we’d like raiding to work.

To that end, we’re going to make another change to how RPPM mechanics work on the pull. Starting a raid encounter will set every RPPM proc’s “time since last proc” to 90 seconds. That means the more frequent procs will still be more or less guaranteed to go off, but the rarer (and more powerful) procs will just have a high chance. This should hopefully chill things out a little bit, without changing how you play too dramatically.

Well, ladies and gentleman, this is the end...for Demonology Unerring pulls.

5.3 is done for me, though. I'm just farming the raid for boots, a ring, and TF weapon. Blah. They found a way to nerf UVLS without nerfing the trinket itself.

I don't get that post about rppm Posted Image

Edit: I got it now and its bull shit. Gief ICD back with less powerful procs, thanks.

Edited by Sifon

5.3 is done for me, though. I'm just farming the raid for boots, a ring, and TF weapon. Blah. They found a way to nerf UVLS without nerfing the trinket itself.

Ya, they're like, UVoLS too good..... well let's..... NERF ALL THE THINGS!!!

Yeah, I'm going to not play Demonology for a while and try to get brushed back up on the other stuff.  The trinket outlook hasn't changed, though...I still think Immerseus and A&O are the two best, even if A&O stays RPPM. 

• Like 1