FORUMS
Damien

N'Zoth Control Paladin Standard

Guest Ethron

Tried a lot of different things with this deck because I really like it and it fits my style of playing pretty well, since I'm a big fan of Control-decks. I've played this deck with a Polluted Hoarder, with Redemption and some other things that did not work out that well for me (Hoarder & Redemption are pretty good options, though).

Since I don't own "Ragnaros, Lightlord" I HAD to replace it and my favourit replacement is "Elise Starseeker".

Reason: I've been into many games were I was drawing through my entire deck so fast, that I've been close to fatigue when my opponent still had about 5 or even more cards in his deck and I even had cards like an Acolyte or Solemn Vigil still in hand, which become useless at this point.So I put Elise in there and she won me quite a few games that would probably not have ended so well there.

Drawing the monkey is not that much of a problem with that much carddraw and as long as everything is working as planned you won't really need it, but that way you have:

- A 3/5 Minion on the board that might help for the midgame

- In case of fatigue or near death you'll have a 6/6 Taunt

- In case of fatigue / near fatigue you have an opportunity of replacing "useless" cards with a high chance of getting something to punch your opponent in the face. 

Guest A.Carw

Hello Sottle,

This decks is amazing vs. all aggros but ,how can you ever win with this deck vs. priest? I didn't win a single game. They just entomb Tyrion and Sylvanas and then I just have no answers vs. these decks. Also I find C'thun Warrior and Druids. Don't you think that this deck needs some more deathrattles to have a little more consistency if Tyrion and Sylvanas fails?

Guest GinnG

Best card to replace rag? I will not using Harrison as well as I don't want to craft him specifically for this deck. Harrison abit too situational and will move in and out due to meta. 

Ethron, if I sub in Elise for rag, will it diminish our healing power greatly? I am playing Asia server and 7 out of 10games out there playing aggro

Guest GinnG

I found that this deck pretty weak against aggro/zoo that appear in my server, 7 out of 10games I faced such deck and if I can't get early board clear like doomsayer, 90% i will just lose the game. Any idea how to tweak this deck for better answering such deck?

Guest Emrakul

Is there a place for a silence in this deck ? Spell Breaker replacing Harrison Jones, maybe ? Which cards can replace Stampeding Kodo and Cairne ( can you mention another deathrattle minion perhaps ) ? Is doomsayer replaceable ? How about Emperor Thaurissan ? Great deck and keep the good work biggrin.png !

What are your thoughts about Justicar Trueheart in the deck? In the Midrange Paladin lists in the Wild format it used to be a house against most control decks, often winning games almost single handedly, so why not try it here as well? 

Edited by Kobal

What are your thoughts about Justicar Trueheart in the deck? In the Midrange Paladin lists in the Wild format it used to be a house against most control decks, often winning games almost single handedly, so why not try it here as well? 

I guess he answered that by putting it in the deck, lol. It's very good for long games and can make control matchups much better. And it's still good for those turns where you just have nothing to play, even against faster decks.

Going to try out this deck. Can somebody please explain to me what Sottle means by the sentence regarding not playing your deathrattle minions after you have played Justicar? I can't follow the reasoning. Thanks.

Going to try out this deck. Can somebody please explain to me what Sottle means by the sentence regarding not playing your deathrattle minions after you have played Justicar? I can't follow the reasoning. Thanks.

I haven't actually played the deck, but from what i saw from L0rinda's stream when he was playing the deck, what Sottle means is summarized in these 2 paragraphs :

Justicar Trueheart is a card that is included in the deck because of the destructive effect it has on Control Mirrors. It is arguable that the upgraded Paladin Hero Power is the single best tool in the game for facing Control. Once you have played Justicar you can happily Hero Power and pass on a lot of turns and eventually your opponent will have to spend actual cards to deal with your tokens. This is important because often in a battle between two slow Control decks, the game progresses incredibly slowly and eventually reaches fatigue. Under normal conditions this would make the amount of card draw in your deck a liability, but due to Justicar, you can gain an advantage in these matchups and still afford to play all the card draw cards to effectively cycle through your deck against faster opponents.

Against Control Priest or Control Warrior, keep Justicar Trueheart. This card can single handedly win these matchups without you needing to play cards. In fact against Priest specifically, it is often better not to play your Deathrattle minions once you have Justicar active, since you can isolate their Entomb in their hand this way.

As he mentions, those slow-removal heavy control decks cannot efficiently deal with the annoying 1/1 tokens, so they will have to use prime removal on those. If you play any of your deathrattle minions you either give them a chance to get value out of their removal (control warrior) or give them a win condition (for example if you play tirion, priests have an entomb with his name on it).

Thats why he mentions that you happily play 1/1 tokens and the priest is just crying with 2 entombs in hand :D

That's how i understand it, as i said in the beggining i haven't played the deck.

• Like 1

Guest Chrimson

The Skeleton Knight is working great for me in place of light Ragnaros

Guest BushMaster

Which is more important to craft first...Cairne or Ragnaros the Lightlord?

Guest Emrakul

Is there a place for a silence in this deck ? Spell Breaker replacing Harrison Jones, maybe ? Which cards can replace Stampeding Kodo and Cairne ( can you mention another deathrattle minion perhaps ) ? Is doomsayer replaceable ? How about Emperor Thaurissan ? Great deck and keep the good work biggrin.png !

Can i have a answer to this question pls, im playing this deck with a few replacements:

- Doomsayer -> Argent Squire

- Cairne -> Spell Breaker

- 2x Stampeding kodos -> Azure Drake and BGH

- Ragnaros Firelord -> Lay on hands

Can u give ur opinion on this changes ? Keep the good work !

Guest mithraxx

Change one solemn vigil for eadric the pure, he is such an amazing card and can stop a full board by reducing all minions attacks to 1 and also has synergy with your stampeding kodos, puls is the 7 mana spot missing in the deck. I also changed one acolyte for spellbreaker because of the lack of silence in the deck and now that everyone is playing sylvanas and all those ppwerfull deathrattle minions and rogues play edwin u need some silence. The deck is working really good like this. I dont llay harrison because the deco already has weapon removal with ur ooze. Thanks again sottle.

Which is more important to craft first...Cairne or Ragnaros the Lightlord?

Cairne against control, Rag against aggro.

Guest Ayuruk

What about the Skelton knight. Seems like it has great synergy in a dearhrattle deck.

Guest PhilipKaf

How do you deal with double entomb priest? Since you can't bait it out with other threats

9 hours ago, Cadikos said:

don't play this deck you can only kill some brainless warriors with dis. sorry but it's true.

Thank you for sharing your enlightened opinion :)

On 12/7/2016 at 0:52 PM, Damien said:

Thank you for sharing your enlightened opinion :)

man I'm just mad. am I doin' smt wrong? tryin hard but... i really wanna play n'zoth pala... anyway I'll keep tryin'/

3 hours ago, Cadikos said:

man I'm just mad. am I doin' smt wrong? tryin hard but... i really wanna play n'zoth pala... anyway I'll keep tryin'/

Haha :) don't worry, I'm in the same boat. I know it's frustrating to not succeed with a deck when you have someone like Sottle that just cruises to legend with it. You're most likely doing something wrong. It's not necessarily very wrong, but more probably a collection of tiny mistakes. Try http://plays.tv to record a game or two with the deck and post the link to the video here. We'll be able to help :)

Guest Guest 1

I replaced Rag Lightlord with cult apothecary as an anti-zoo measure, since I don't have the dust. Is there a better option as an anti-zoo replacement?