FORUMS
Damien

Feral Druid 7.3

19 hours ago, Guest Guest Vorkin said:

Welle i recently got two New items Since i Posted my simmed Priority so it most likely Changed.

But Would you reccommend following the simmed stat priority You posted above Or stay with the priority in the guide?

Thank You beforehand.

For general users, I would say use the guide. For you, use the one I put in the comment, but only for your next piece of gear. After that next upgrade, you will swap priorities again.

Guest New Feral Druid

Can anyone create an instructional video of the moonfire, savage roar rotation? I feel like if there were a video of someone on a raid boss dummy and they highlighted the opening sequence slow enough and go ability by ability that it would be a tremendous amount of help! If someone knows of a video that does this already please share it with me. I myself have searched for one and none of the rotation videos I find aren't detailed enough.

Another thing I think could help would be the optimal location to put the abilities on the action bar. I realize that is going to be mainly a preference, however I do think that some action bar setups for this rotation could help instead of being unorganized which I feel like mine is.

I am really into raiding and want to be able to put out closer to 250k dps rather than 210k. My ilvl is 861 so any insight into what was mentioned above I would really appreciate it.

Hi guys, two quick questions!

This is my first xpac that I've really seriously played feral, and for the last 8 years or so I've heard that feral scales poorly.

That feral absolutely wreaks havoc at the beginning of an xpac, but becomes mediocre at best at the latter part.

Is that really true? And if so, why is that?

When using tiger's fury, which is more important, not to waste energy or to use it to buff your upcoming rake/rip?

For instance, if;

- My TF is off cooldown

- I have 5 CP

- My rip is about to fall off

- But my energy is about 80

In this situation, do I either 1)  just use TF to empower my rip even it means wasting energy, or 2) rip without TF and use TF under 20 energy?

On 10/5/2016 at 7:49 PM, Guest New Feral Druid said:

Can anyone create an instructional video of the moonfire, savage roar rotation? I feel like if there were a video of someone on a raid boss dummy and they highlighted the opening sequence slow enough and go ability by ability that it would be a tremendous amount of help! If someone knows of a video that does this already please share it with me. I myself have searched for one and none of the rotation videos I find aren't detailed enough.

Another thing I think could help would be the optimal location to put the abilities on the action bar. I realize that is going to be mainly a preference, however I do think that some action bar setups for this rotation could help instead of being unorganized which I feel like mine is.

I am really into raiding and want to be able to put out closer to 250k dps rather than 210k. My ilvl is 861 so any insight into what was mentioned above I would really appreciate it.

For the video, I'm not sure I can help, but in regards to keybinds: I think it's a lot more personal than you think. This is my setup:

ESDF - Movement

1 - Savage Roar

2 - Moonfire

3 - Shred

4 - Rip

5 - Rake

6 - Ashamane's

Everything else is on Q,W,R,T,G,H,V,C,X,Z,A. I then use modifiers of shift and alt.

On 10/6/2016 at 5:12 AM, wukina said:

There's no way of telling if this is going to happen this expansion, unfortunately. We can't predict the nerfs/buffs that Blizzard are going to introduce. 

I believe in the past, it was due to the fact that stat interaction was dreadful. Omen of Clarity scaled awfully with Haste. You were forced into 2-hand weapons. There's a few factors and I honestly don't know them all for every expansion.

On 10/6/2016 at 5:12 AM, wukina said:

When using tiger's fury, which is more important, not to waste energy or to use it to buff your upcoming rake/rip?

For instance, if;

- My TF is off cooldown

- I have 5 CP

In this situation, do I either 1)  just use TF to empower my rip even it means wasting energy, or 2) rip without TF and use TF under 20 energy?

I'll be honest, I'm not sure how this situation comes about. You have a huge amount of downtime in the Feral rotation normally, so capping on energy should actually be very difficult. I'd TF to empower the rip anyway.

Guest WhoRunIt
On 10/6/2016 at 0:12 AM, wukina said:

Hi guys, two quick questions!

This is my first xpac that I've really seriously played feral, and for the last 8 years or so I've heard that feral scales poorly.

That feral absolutely wreaks havoc at the beginning of an xpac, but becomes mediocre at best at the latter part.

For instance, if;

- My TF is off cooldown

- I have 5 CP

The goal is to have your rip empowered by BT and TF.  In this case, you're better off applying the 5 CP rip (which will proc Predatory Swiftness).  Build 4 combo points, cast healing touch (which will proc Blood Talons), then TF, apply rake (for 5th CP), then apply your 5 CP rake which is now fully empowered.

Guest Katiebear

Sorry if this has been asked before.  When it says a rip relic is 10 ilvl better than a rake relic is that 10 ilvls of the relic or 10 ilvls added to the weapon?

On 10/8/2016 at 9:39 AM, Guest Katiebear said:

Sorry if this has been asked before.  When it says a rip relic is 10 ilvl better than a rake relic is that 10 ilvls of the relic or 10 ilvls added to the weapon?

The weapon item level boost, I believe.

Guest Ushisan

I'm reading that Twisting Winds trinket is a viable one for feral, I got it yesterday , and it seems decent for me, since it procs from our MF.

can someone confirm this?

On 10/10/2016 at 11:10 AM, Guest Ushisan said:

I'm reading that Twisting Winds trinket is a viable one for feral, I got it yesterday , and it seems decent for me, since it procs from our MF.

can someone confirm this?

Not sure on this, it doesn't seem to be on the trinket sims either. Tagging @wordup

16 hours ago, Ailsya said:

is it worth using trash over shred on clearcast when having shadow trash trait?

In single target? No.

Guest Lãnã

In the Stat Prio list it mentioned, that if you are going to much into a stat it could , lets say ,worsen your actual DpS,

But what is the point of too much of a stat?

Currently I m running :

- 35 % Crit

- 16 % Haste 

- 63 % Mastery

And awesome 7 % avoidance. 

Is there even a point of having too much mastery ?

22 hours ago, Guest Lãnã said:

In the Stat Prio list it mentioned, that if you are going to much into a stat it could , lets say ,worsen your actual DpS,

But what is the point of too much of a stat?

Currently I m running :

- 35 % Crit

- 16 % Haste 

- 63 % Mastery

And awesome 7 % avoidance. 

Is there even a point of having too much mastery ?

My stats are 

- 33% Crit (6415)

- 6% Haste (2000)

- 61% Mastery (7948)

- 3% Vers (1300)

I simulate my rotation on SimulationCraft and it returns this stats scale

Capture.PNG

I don't know if we can trust 100% but we can see that too much mastery make it less usefull than before. Crit still strong and i think there is a small cap of haste to reach after the mastery one but i don't really know the exact value of those caps.

What do you think?

Edited by Jumbaa

On 10/12/2016 at 9:09 PM, Guest Lãnã said:

Is there even a point of having too much mastery?

The note is talking about the prospect of completely stacking Mastery, for example. Mastery and Crit alternate in regards to how useful they are, depending on the ratio between the stats. This means, if you completely ignore Crit to get Mastery through Mastery/Haste gear, your DPS will be lower than sacrificing some Mastery to get Crit.

It all depends on your own current gear levels. For you, Crit would now be more useful.

Guest Lãnã

Well, funny thing is, that now I replaced both of my trinkets and a couple of other Items.

Now I am at 37 % Crit and 46 % Mastery. This comes mainly from the Mastery loss on my trinkets.

I replaced the"Devilsaur Bite Titanforged  " with the "Tempered Egg of Serpentrix ( with socket slot )".

Is this replacement even worth it ? How good is the procc of the Egg?

In the BiS list, the Egg is pretty far down the list.

On the other hand, pretty far up, there is a Mastery WQ item mentioned.

Which Item is meant by " Mastery WQ" ? 

On 15/10/2016 at 9:26 PM, Guest Lãnã said:

Well, funny thing is, that now I replaced both of my trinkets and a couple of other Items.

Now I am at 37 % Crit and 46 % Mastery. This comes mainly from the Mastery loss on my trinkets.

I replaced the"Devilsaur Bite Titanforged  " with the "Tempered Egg of Serpentrix ( with socket slot )".

Is this replacement even worth it ? How good is the procc of the Egg?

In the BiS list, the Egg is pretty far down the list.

On the other hand, pretty far up, there is a Mastery WQ item mentioned.

Which Item is meant by " Mastery WQ" ? 

Tempered Egg in practice seems to perform worse than simulations, but that could be averages in play. When it comes to WQ Mastery -> This refers to a Mastery stat stick from World Quests.

Guest Feral Opening

Hello guys, what do you think of that opening sequence :

/dbm pull 10

1. Healing touch : 2 Bloodtalons

2. Cat form. ( no prowl )

3. Tank pulls ---- while you run toward melee range   >  Moonfire, moonfire, moonfire (until 5CP) (if you're lucky with crit, it'll cost 3 GCD, if not, it'll cost 5 at worst.)

4. Apply Savage roar 5CP, Berserk + Tiger Fury + use your trinkets.  at this point you'll have predator swiftness 10sec remaining and still two BT stacks

5. (Night elf only) Shadowmeld, put your stealth bonus 100% Rake, with 1 stack of bloodtalon(+50%), SR (+25%) and TF (+15%)

6. Ashamane Frenzy, depletes your 2nd bloodtalon (+50%), SR (+25%) and TF (15%)

7. instant Healing touch. At this point, if your rake critted you'll have 5CP, if not you'll have 4... if you have 4, use moonfire to have 5 and you want keep a bloodtalon stack, or use a Shred, but it'll use a BT stack... perso, I prefer moonfire, cause that 2 BT stack will be used to put a Rake when the stealth snapshot expires.

8. Rip 5CP (BT +50%, TF +15%, and SR+25%)

9. normal rotation...

What do you think ? I dont like the idea of SR at 1CP so i ended up finding my own pull, but I didn't use Sims to check if its better or something...

Sorry for my english, I hope it was understandable.

Fÿnéas-Elune.

1 hour ago, Guest Feral Opening said:

What do you think ? I dont like the idea of SR at 1CP so i ended up finding my own pull, but I didn't use Sims to check if its better or something...

I thoroughly disagree with the start. Spamming moonfire as you run at the boss is simply pointless. You waste Energy to refresh a DoT that doesn't need refreshing. You can just leap at the boss and Rake from Prowl. Instantly more damage in like 1/5th of the time.

Guest DeadlyElixir

I use Icy Veins to know the stats to focus on but I use ask mr robot to weigh upgrades, I'm having a big issue right now. AMR recently changed their stat priority and it's very different from icy now.  Icy veins does not provide a weight break down (like saying crit is .63 and etc) so I can fix it to match. AMR also affects the pawn addon so now that is saying different stats too. Since icy hasnt updated im very confused and not sure what to do. If AMR is right that really sucks cause it is a huge change in stat priority. 

Can I get some help here.

Guest stat weighting wrong

Sim craft does not agree with the listed stat weighting for my 850 gear level using mostly crit/mastery on gear (by a significant amount). Quite annoying that I assumed crit mastery was still by deign since thats what drops, thats what this guide says.

On 19.10.2016 at 3:09 PM, Guest stat weighting wrong said:

Sim craft does not agree with the listed stat weighting for my 850 gear level using mostly crit/mastery on gear (by a significant amount). Quite annoying that I assumed crit mastery was still by deign since thats what drops, thats what this guide says.

This guide has not been updated for one month. The assumption back then was that Mastery will be king due to Rip & Ashamane's Rip being so strong. Current simulations tend to show a quite different picture. At the moment, it seems like you should have a good balance between all your secondary stats, rather than focusing on a main stat.  This opinion coincides with that of many other druids in the Feral Discord.

I've sim'ed my gear multiple times during the last day whenever one or more items changed and I've seen multiple stat weight shifts. First, when I heavily stacked Mastery, the weight for Mastery dropped pretty hard and was below everything else. My "best" stat was Haste, later Crit, now at 869 it's Versatility (and Mastery is now on the 3rd place, followed by Haste).

So focus primarily on higher itemlevels and a good stat diversity and sim your gear regularly.

Guest Pheno

In the racial sims, it shows shadowmeld upping dps by 7k. Can one use shadowmeld-->prowl in raids?

Guest Zeb
On 10/21/2016 at 3:12 PM, Guest Pheno said:

In the racial sims, it shows shadowmeld upping dps by 7k. Can one use shadowmeld-->prowl in raids?

Pretty sure its just to get the rake buff as it applies out of stealth.