FORUMS
Damien

Feral Druid 7.3

1 hour ago, DaveyMaguire said:

Can the numbers for stat weights be posted on the feral guide like many of the other classes and specs have on icy veins

Guides I write, I avoid those because (especially for feral) hard numbers fluctuate a lot with other gear. If you're really desperate, weight numbers are in the gear page further down, but I'd advise against using those.

On 11/09/2016 at 0:07 PM, Guest Kereslak said:

Okey so in Gebuz's moonkin guide he says the following: 

Obviously you don't want to use swiftmend in cat form so it's irrelevant but if you are not going to step in as a tank in dire situations then passively i would say that the restoration affinity is a better choice survivability wise..  Anyway most druids will most likely just use balance affinity for added range.

That's a fair point, I'll look to work it in. I think personally DR is more universally useful than Healing (since reducing larger hits is more conducive to surviving than healing it after, but I can definitely see the perspective that its value is better than I represeneted).

5 hours ago, Scarjr said:

Guys is crit as second or third stats priority?

It's third, this was updated (an old file snuck in from the pre-patch).

4 minutes ago, Guest Guestneo said:

Here's my problem with this, every time i use a 5 combo point finisher i get the talon;s proc. It is pretty hard to not use the proc after because i have zero combo points left when i get the proc. Am i missing something here? 

Also, could you answer this? 

Can someone please list a Pawn string? I am so confused here. On one hand you have,

Noxxic: Agi (12.8)>Crit (10.58)>Vers (9.08)>Haste (6.08)

wowhead: Agi (1)> Mast (.64)>Crit (.63)>Vers (.60)>Haste (.50)

Mrrobot: Adi (13.51)>Crit (8)>Mast (7.34)>Vers (6.56)>Haste (5.4)

What is it? I am using the Savage Roar talent.

Thanks for any help.

Pawn Strings I avoid because they do literally change with every piece of gear now so advising a universal is a bit risky. However, if I were to lay it down on the table, the values listed from Tinderhoof on WoWhead is far closer to the numbers I was seeing in simulations and in a vacuum.

17 hours ago, Guest Promise said:

The opener posted in the guide will get the 5 CP Rip off much faster, but I think the initial burn of 40 energy on the 1 CP Savage Roar is a little wasteful because you will end up having to spend another 40 in the future to replenish that Savage Roar. It also doesn't end up using Bloodtalons proc on the Rip.

The opener in the guide will take 4 GCDs to be able to 5 CP Rip. This opener will take between 8 to 10 GCDs based on Shred crit RNG. Which do you guys think is more optimal?

I'll consult with a couple of others and see what comes out on top. Ideally the opener I listed was to get your bleeds rolling as quickly as possible (and capitalise on Bloodtalons for Ashamane's first and foremost), but it could be possible the waste on applying/re-applying is sub-optimal.

On 9/12/2016 at 7:32 PM, wordup said:

It's third, this was updated (an old file snuck in from the pre-patch).

Are we still supposed to be gemming, enchanting, eating crit as the Gems, Enchants, and Consumables page says even though its third now?

Edited by Kativera

Hi, I'm currently leveling my Resto druid with Feral Affinity. A few questions:

Is it normal that my gear doesn't switch from INT to AGI when using Feral Affinity?

And second: What would be the most efficient rotation with the few abilities at my disposal?

On 14.9.2016 at 1:49 PM, Kativera said:

Are we still supposed to be gemming, enchanting, eating crit as the Gems, Enchants, and Consumables page says even though its third now?

I would expect not and that this is an oversight, but I'm sure Wordup can shed light on this if it is still Crit for a reason.

8 minutes ago, Ladyoftheforest said:

Hi, I'm currently leveling my Resto druid with Feral Affinity. A few questions:

Is it normal that my gear doesn't switch from INT to AGI when using Feral Affinity?

And second: What would be the most efficient rotation with the few abilities at my disposal?

Yes it is normal. Affinities do not change your spec.

You follow the same priority system that a feral druid would, but just removing the spells you do not have.

Just now, Blainie said:

Yes it is normal. Affinities do not change your spec.

You follow the same priority system that a feral druid would, but just removing the spells you do not have.

Ok, thank you.

Edited by Ladyoftheforest

Just now, Ladyoftheforest said:

I have never played feral. That's why I'm asking :)

From our feral guide:

The Feral Druid rotation revolves around keeping up various buffs and debuffs, while generating Combo Points and using them on Finishing Moves.

1. Maintain Savage Roar Icon Savage Roar if taken.
  2. Maintain Rake Icon Rake.
  3. Maintain Rip Icon Rip (at below 25%, or with Sabertooth Icon Sabertooth taken, replace with Ferocious Bite Icon Ferocious Bite).
  4. Maintain Moonfire Icon Moonfire if Lunar Inspiration Icon Lunar Inspiration is taken.
  5. Cast Tiger's Fury Icon Tiger's Fury at 20 Energy or less.
  6. Cast  Icon Ashamane's Frenzy, try to sync this with Tiger's Fury Icon Tiger's Fury uses.
  7. Cast Shred Icon Shred to build combo points.
  8. Cast Ferocious Bite Icon Ferocious Bite if at 5 Combo Points and Rip Icon Rip/Savage Roar Icon Savage Roar do not need refreshing within 10 sec.

Your priority rotation would look like this:

1. Maintain Rake Icon Rake.
  2. Maintain Rip Icon Rip.
  3. Cast Shred Icon Shred to build combo points.
  4. Cast Ferocious Bite Icon Ferocious Bite if at 5 Combo Points and Rip Icon Rip does not need refreshing within 10 sec.

Guest Hoshi

Hi! Stupid question.

As a feral druid choosing the Lunar Inspiration talent, does moonfire considered a bleed that is influenced by mastery?

18 hours ago, Guest Hoshi said:

Hi! Stupid question.

As a feral druid choosing the Lunar Inspiration talent, does moonfire considered a bleed that is influenced by mastery?

If it has stayed the way it was before, no it is not considered a bleed and so is not affected by Mastery, but it does scale with Haste. If anyone knows otherwise, feel free to correct me.

On 14/09/2016 at 0:49 PM, Kativera said:

No you're looking at Mastery universally now, that should be going into the page asap. Sorry about that!

On 15/09/2016 at 7:26 PM, Guest Hoshi said:

Hi! Stupid question.

Nope, Moonfire doesn't scale with Mastery.

Guest Beerlol

Is that trinket list still relevant? I cant see how an 880 Natures call is outclassed by a 850 chaos talisman.

9 minutes ago, Guest Beerlol said:

Is that trinket list still relevant? I cant see how an 880 Natures call is outclassed by a 850 chaos talisman.

The trinket list assumes equal Ilvl when comparing. Right now given that in some cases there are 14+ different ilvl iterations of something, it's very difficult to quantify where exactly a trinket will lie unless they are equalised. At the same time, Nature's Call is really, really bad.

Guest Faunuis

Hey, great guide extremely detailed and super helpful! I was wondering though why on the BiS page you have so many items with haste? I thought haste was avoided at all costs with potentially a little of it just to smooth energy regen and therefore your rotation. So I was wondering should we be getting around that much haste in our build? As the BiS shows there's quite a few pieces with haste on it.

11 hours ago, Guest Faunuis said:

Hey, great guide extremely detailed and super helpful! I was wondering though why on the BiS page you have so many items with haste? I thought haste was avoided at all costs with potentially a little of it just to smooth energy regen and therefore your rotation. So I was wondering should we be getting around that much haste in our build? As the BiS shows there's quite a few pieces with haste on it.

Unfortunately, gear in the Emerald Nightmare is rather limited stat-wise. This means that you'll see non-perfect pieces of gear in the BiS list, since it intends to show the best gear available from the raid. Once M+ item levels unlock, you'll probably get better gear from there.

Guest Anubis

Is it normal to feel incredibly energy starved with Savage Roar and Bloodtalons taken? When Berserk is not available, my AOE damage seems pitiful. I'll get a Thrash and a few Swipes off until I'm just watching myself auto-attacking since my energy can't keep up.

Even on single target encounters like bosses, I find myself in situations where adds are spawning, but Tiger's Fury is already on CD. I'll move onto the adds but can't even get a bleed rolling because my energy is depleted from maintaining Savage Roar and Rake/Moonfire/Rip on the boss. So I just end up auto-attacking again.

It's frustrating to be in these situations, and the DPS meters show that my damage isn't keeping up with others. I understand that Bloodtalons indirectly helps energy gain by requiring an extra GCD for Healing Touch (off Predatory Swiftness), but this isn't enough time versus the amount of energy I'm expending. Would Soul of the Forest not be more viable than Savage Roar for dungeons?

Someone else was also saying how they would sit in Bear and use Thrash/Swipe for AOE because of the lack of energy cost. This doesn't seem particularly ideal given that you can't use Rake or Rip in Bear and have to waste a global to shift out, but I can see why they would if their energy simply can't keep up.

Another option to address energy starvation is Moment of Clarity, but it's too RNG dependent to be reliable, and Bloodtalons is a periodic 40% increase to two melee abilities. Therefore, to address the energy issue, I can see Soul of the Forest as a good alternative to Savage Roar. I dislike not having the 25% damage buff from it, but I'm just not enjoying having so much GCD downtime during sustained combat. Savage Roar just feels like it's more adequate for windows of burst rather than prolonged combat.

Anyone else feel similar or care to share their experiences? Am I doing something wrong here, or is it normal to be waiting around so much for energy, just auto-attacking priority adds?

5 hours ago, Guest Anubis said:

Anyone else feel similar or care to share their experiences? Am I doing something wrong here, or is it normal to be waiting around so much for energy, just auto-attacking priority adds?

I'd like to draw your attention to the build recommendation section. There are two different sets of builds to be used, depending on the scenario. From the guide:

2.2.1. Single Target

2.2.2. AoE

There is also the potential to use Soul of the Forest in those small number cleave scenarios, since it can help with energy starvation.

Hey Blainie,

What are you thoughts on using Blood scent, KOJ, & Blood talons? I armored a bunch of top druids yesterday, and it seems to be what they were using. I used it last night. Didn't seem bad.Is moon fire critical for dps?

10 hours ago, Guest Druid said:

what percentage should a feral dps have for legion raiding ?

x% mastery, y% crit etc.

There isn't really a figure I can give you here, unfortunately. There aren't precise caps to reach for the stats of a feral, just get as much as possible of both. Sorry!

9 hours ago, superbikemike said:

Hey Blainie,

What are you thoughts on using Blood scent, KOJ, & Blood talons? I armored a bunch of top druids yesterday, and it seems to be what they were using. I used it last night. Didn't seem bad.Is moon fire critical for dps?

This is very likely due to the fact that they are running M+ dungeons, so are needing huge AoE damage to clear the keystones quickly, hence why they have Blood Scent. Blood Scent can also maintain decent ST DPS, so it's a very good talent for the M+ dungeons.

Use of incarn, possibly due to a need for bursting large packs down, but I'm not 100% on the reason behind this choice.

Bloodtalons is very good no matter the situation, so I completely understand why they have it.

Is Lunar Inspiration critical? No.

Is it good for single target? Yes.

Will you use it in dungeons? Not really.