FORUMS
Damien

Beast Mastery Hunter 7.3

On 12/12/2016 at 1:12 PM, Guest Kredes said:

This guide once had a pawn string, why was that removed?

Tagging you to look at Azor's comment above if you haven't already.

Guest Genweas

Dire frenzy says it increases attack speed which should increase beast cleave damage right? I ask because it currently has a major buff on the ptr and may be worth taking for mythic + in the future. Also blink strikes dmg has been doubled on the ptr. What are your thoughts on combining the two?

On 12/22/2016 at 2:23 PM, Guest Genweas said:

What are your thoughts on combining the two?

I can't speak for Azor, but it's worth saying that I'm sure he's keeping a close eye on the PTR changes! I'm sure if there is a big combo there to be found and used, he'll be on top of it ASAP :D

On 12/31/2016 at 3:22 PM, Blazenar said:

I play until now as survival and I farm gear for BM spec..I have a question..Single target BM damage is better than survival?

I believe so, yes, but please keep in mind that things are most likely going to change very soon given that 7.1.5 will launch soon.

13 hours ago, Blazenar said:

On the next patch..BM will be buffed too much 

You never know! Things can always change before the patch goes live :)

Guest Easy setup Beast Mas

on the easy setup for Beast Master it shows the last talent to take is Aspect of the Beast(s), Yet, under part 2 when the talents are being broke down, the last talent AOTB has a BIG RED X over it. Huh?!? Do we take it under Easy Mode or not? Thank you.

Guest WeakAura

The WeakAuras link for the multi-shot line has gone down on the pastebin, anyone able to put that up?

On 1/6/2017 at 10:11 PM, Guest Easy setup Beast Mas said:

on the easy setup for Beast Master it shows the last talent to take is Aspect of the Beast(s), Yet, under part 2 when the talents are being broke down, the last talent AOTB has a BIG RED X over it. Huh?!? Do we take it under Easy Mode or not? Thank you.

For Easy Mode, yes. The rest of the page has nothing to do with the Easy Mode choices. The "Builds and Talents" page is the setup you would use if you want "non-easy mode".

On 1/8/2017 at 6:28 AM, Guest WeakAura said:

The WeakAuras link for the multi-shot line has gone down on the pastebin, anyone able to put that up?

Which PB are you referring to? Is it maintained by Azor?

The guides are currently being updated for 7.1.5! I just wanted to leave a few notes for all of our users that might be getting ready to leave a comment:

• Some pages do not require updates. The "Last Updated" stat does not mean the page is out of date, it might just not have needed any changes. If you feel that it does, leave a comment telling us what needs changing and why.
  • The process will not happen immediately - some guides will be updated faster than others simply due to the number of resources available. Be patient, they'll be ready when you need them!
  • There might be some continuity errors when making small adjustments to large guide pages. If you do find one of these, just let us know in the comments and we'll get it fixed ASAP.
  • "Why have you not taken into account X buff to X ability?" - remember, just because something got buffed, it doesn't mean it is now automatically better than the other options!

As always, we want to thank you all for being patient while we get things updated and I'm always available to help you all if you need it :)

Guest Fix BM 715 leg.list

Maybe about time to fix the list of good/not prio legendaries for BM due to the quite big nerfs to a lot of them, afaik, Qa`pla is one of the few not changed...The Roar got nerfed by 25%, Call got nerfed by 30%, and the Claw got a 50% nerf from what their old bonuses was.

2 hours ago, Guest Fix BM 715 leg.list said:

Maybe about time to fix the list of good/not prio legendaries for BM due to the quite big nerfs to a lot of them, afaik, Qa`pla is one of the few not changed...The Roar got nerfed by 25%, Call got nerfed by 30%, and the Claw got a 50% nerf from what their old bonuses was.

The page has been updated by Azor, so I was just wondering what you felt needed to change in the list? Nerfs to some things don't necessarily always mean they change in position of priority. Is there a specific order that you think the legendaries should now be in that I can pass on to Azor to look at? 

Guest BM Leg.Fix 2

Well there is straight out misinformation stated in the description of the legendaries, and I from what I can tell, the nerfs to the legendaries are quite significant, Roar went from 20% to 15% focus cost reduction, Call got changed from 50% to 35% in aspect cd reduction, and the claw went from +10% pet damage, to +5% pet damage. While the Qa'pla still remains unchanged....

I found it strange you added the new legendary to the list, but didnt bother to change the outdated info...

3 hours ago, Guest BM Leg.Fix 2 said:

Well there is straight out misinformation stated in the description of the legendaries, and I from what I can tell, the nerfs to the legendaries are quite significant, Roar went from 20% to 15% focus cost reduction, Call got changed from 50% to 35% in aspect cd reduction, and the claw went from +10% pet damage, to +5% pet damage. While the Qa'pla still remains unchanged....

I found it strange you added the new legendary to the list, but didnt bother to change the outdated info...

Simulations are still being finalised, you do have to understand that it only went live today. Azor has been continuously updating throughout the day though. You can still assume that even though Roar got nerfed to 15%, that's still a significant damage boost. 

Qa'pla still isn't enough of an effect to provide a huge damage boost, it might work well with Mantle of Command, and if you're lucky enough to get that combination, let us know.

• Like 1

Guest Liquid

What about Neck Enchants did anything changes since they were buffed with the patch? And are they all equal in aoe situations?

Guest Where's Agility?

Did I miss something or is there a reason that Agility is taken out of the stat priority? It used to be listed first for BM and second for MM. It's now no longer needed??? I know it has to fit somewhere on the list.

On 1/11/2017 at 4:02 AM, Guest BM Leg.Fix 2 said:

The list has been updated (again, not for the first time) and as said above already by another user, Azor has been re-testing the setup constantly. You have to understand that SimCraft was basically unusable for a period due to the changes that essentially just appeared in the Patch Notes. It takes time for these things to be re-tested once new changes occur.

Despite the new changes, Qa'pla is still bottom of the 4 listed. Just because something got nerfed/buffed doesn't mean other things suddenly become better/worse.

20 hours ago, Guest Liquid said:

What about Neck Enchants did anything changes since they were buffed with the patch? And are they all equal in aoe situations?

The enchants simulations are up-to-date as far as I can see. As for the AoE question, I'm not sure. I'll ask.

1 hour ago, Guest Where's Agility? said:

Did I miss something or is there a reason that Agility is taken out of the stat priority? It used to be listed first for BM and second for MM. It's now no longer needed??? I know it has to fit somewhere on the list.

This was the reasoning listed in the changelog:

Updated stat priority and removed Agility from the listing as it does not do anything but confuse at this point.

Hope this helps!

Hi all =)

My first post here and I would like to thank Icy-Veins for providing amazing guides, please keep up the great work everybody, you rock!

Now my question for the beastmaster:

Does wearing the roar of seven lions belt have an impact on the talents of choice at level 60 (bestial fury vs. blink strikes) and level 100 (stampede vs. killer cobra)?

My thought is that bestial fury and killer cobra should benefit more from the reduced focus costs (-15%) the belt provides for bestial wrath than the other two. Right now I am using bestial fury and stampede, but consider switching them both due to the improved reach of the pets as well as the potential benefit of killer cobra. I love stampede, but when the mobs move out...

What are your thoughts?

Kind regards,

redcloud