L0rinda

hearthstone Next Hearthstone Set Name Potential Leak

10 posts in this topic

pv05RzI.png

A thread on Reddit has possibly leaked the name of the next Hearthstone set.

Redditor Reidor has posted compelling evidence that the next set could be called Lost Secrets of Un'Goro.

The evidence stems from the resume of voice actress Lani Minella. According to her Wikipedia page, she has voiced in over 500 computer and video games. Her resume has her roles in Starcraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone. Her previous Hearthstone cards include: Arathi WeaponsmithCult Master, and Imp Master from Classic, as well as cards from Whispers of the Old Gods.

8IOpT6i.png

The revealed card names tell us very little, other than they fit in with the theme of the Un'goro Crater from World of Warcraft. Brontosaurus, Pterodactyl, Hydra, Anklesaur, and Golakka Crawler are mainly generic names, and as such will be working names. With so many large beasts though, maybe Hunter players have something to look forward to!

While researching this piece, my colleague, Zadina, pointed out that Blizzard considered red Mana crystals in Mean Streets of Gadgetzan. Zadina points out that there are yellow, green, and red crystals that can be picked up in Un'Goro.

Of course, leaks like this are not always accidental. Blizzard are very good at leaving Easter eggs for the community to find, and this will only fuel our excitement for the next set. 

2 people like this

All I can say is that I hope the next expansion fixes the current meta.

7 minutes ago, Darkjester79 said:

All I can say is that I hope the next expansion fixes the current meta.

Sure. Instead of aggro pirate shamans\warriors killing you on turn 4, we will have aggro beast hunters\druids killing you on turn 3

Edited by Strongpoint

Are there any ragers in the Un'goro Crater? I NEED MORE RAGERS. A Dino Rager (or something like that) would be nice. Also memes, I like those. Memes and ragers, the perfect adventure. Any idea what style the adventure could have? 

Also, Blizz, please, no more aggro 1-drops. 

16 minutes ago, Strongpoint said:

Sure. Instead of aggro pirate shamans\warriors killing you on turn 4, we will have aggro beast hunters\druids killing you on turn 3

That is exactly my point.  It used to be that there were many more viable decks before whispers.  Whispers cut it down to 4 or 5 and Means streets has cut it down even further.  And lets not even talk about arena.

How exciting! Makes me think they really are going to do more smaller releases this year. Bring on a bunch of dinosaurs and a seismic meta shift. Good Riddance, Reno!

18 minutes ago, JohnnyZ said:

Good Riddance, Reno!

In the name of the Old Gods, Amen!

1 person likes this

19 hours ago, positiv2 said:

Are there any ragers in the Un'goro Crater? I NEED MORE RAGERS. A Dino Rager (or something like that) would be nice. Also memes, I like those. Memes and ragers, the perfect adventure. Any idea what style the adventure could have? 

Also, Blizz, please, no more aggro 1-drops. 

Reddit is full of Raging memers if that helps.

1 person likes this