Zadina

Card Nerfs Coming on September 18th

Sign in to follow this  

19 posts in this topic

33076-mike-donais-and-dean-ayala-talk-ab

The balance patch is arriving in the beginning of the next week.

The wait is over! The anticipated card balance changes will arrive on September 18th and hopefully freshen up the meta a little bit. As the case always is with balance patches, for the next two weeks if you disenchant Spreading Plague and/or Murloc Warleader, you will get their full value in Arcane Dust.

Blizzard LogoDaxxarri

In the recent Upcoming Balance Changes – Update 9.1 blog, we discussed the details and philosophy behind balance updates that are coming to several Hearthstone cards:

 

  • Innervate - Now reads: Gain 1 Mana Crystal this turn only. (Down from 2)
  • Fiery War Axe - Now costs 3 mana. (Up from 2)
  • Hex - Now costs 4 mana. (Up from 3)
  • Murloc Warleader - Now reads: Your other Murlocs have +2 Attack. (Down from +2 Attack, +1 Health)
  • Spreading Plague - Now costs 6 mana. (Up from 5)

This patch is currently targeted for September 18th PDT. Please note that updates for mobile devices may take a few additional hours to propagate.

Once these card changes are live, players will be able to disenchant cards that are not Basic (Murloc Warleader and Spreading Plague) for their full Arcane Dust value for two weeks. Basic cards cannot be disenchanted and will not be available for an Arcane Dust refund. (source)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still disagree with portions of the nerfs, but I will commend them for being quick to act this time. The stupid rouge quest took several months after they acknowledged the need to change.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

next step: Ultimate Infestation now reads: Deal 5 damage, gain 5 armor, summon a 5/5 minion, draw two cards. (down from Deal 5 damage, gain 5 armor, summon a 5/5 minion, draw 5 cards.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ultimate Infestation needs a nerf to bring druid to reasonable level with the rest of the game because of that now nourish is used just for ramp since you draw 5 from UI the only thing that matter is ramp then UI and win, you don't have to worry of draw minions board just cast UI as faster as possible to autowin because even without Innrevate you can use UI at the 6 turn

Edited by Hanz39

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dustintime said:

next step: Ultimate Infestation now reads: Deal 5 damage, gain 5 armor, summon a 5/5 minion, draw two cards. (down from Deal 5 damage, gain 5 armor, summon a 5/5 minion, draw 5 cards.)

In some situations and against certain decks, the nerf you're suggesting would actually be a buff:

 

1. Takes longer to fatigue

2. Less chance to overdraw

3. Good reason to take 2 of them with you in the deck because of #1 and #2

4. #3 also means you're more likely to draw into it, which is perfect for those decks that are also looking for #1 and #2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Laragon said:

I still disagree with portions of the nerfs, but I will commend them for being quick to act this time. The stupid rouge quest took several months after they acknowledged the need to change.

It stayed up there way too long, it's true. They're listening somewhat, at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Yridaa said:

In some situations and against certain decks, the nerf you're suggesting would actually be a buff:

 

1. Takes longer to fatigue

2. Less chance to overdraw

3. Good reason to take 2 of them with you in the deck because of #1 and #2

4. #3 also means you're more likely to draw into it, which is perfect for those decks that are also looking for #1 and #2

against certain decks it would be a buff, yes

but most things are the opposite of what they usually are "against certain decks"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly I believe Ultimate Infestation does not need a nerf. The real reason why people have issues with UI and Vicious Fledgling is because Innervate allows them to be played too early and Innervate allowed players to play drawn cards after casting UI. All this is no longer possible so UI became an even slower card. You do 5 damage, get 5 armor, 5 cards and a 5/5 but it costs you an entire 10th+ turn.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2017 at 9:12 PM, Blu3L0tu5 said:

Honestly I believe Ultimate Infestation does not need a nerf. The real reason why people have issues with UI and Vicious Fledgling is because Innervate allows them to be played too early and Innervate allowed players to play drawn cards after casting UI. All this is no longer possible so UI became an even slower card. You do 5 damage, get 5 armor, 5 cards and a 5/5 but it costs you an entire 10th+ turn.

It's still pretty insane value when you compare it to some other class cards with individual effects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Caldyrvan said:

I don't know why but I am totally ok with UT played against me but I hate that Fledgling so much :D

Fledgling definitely sucks when you don't have removal, but you've gotta be pretty unlucky to not be able to get rid of it over a few turns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Blainie said:

Fledgling definitely sucks when you don't have removal, but you've gotta be pretty unlucky to not be able to get rid of it over a few turns.

A few turns? :D then you are pretty much dead :D

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fledgling can win you a game very fast - especially in arena there are few picks better then him IMO.

If he doesn't work - well, a 3/3 for 3 mana won't ruin your game.

But if he manages to get one hit on the hero and is lucky enough to get windfury, that makes it two hits on the enemy in the first round.

And maybe you get stealth or more hp or can't be targeted by heropowers next - giving you a great chance of another two attacks at the enemy hero.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, WedgeAntilles said:

If he doesn't work - well, a 3/3 for 3 mana won't ruin your game.

With only 3 HP though, there are plenty of things that can remove him, even as 1-drops, on the turn he is played.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blainie said:

With only 3 HP though, there are plenty of things that can remove him, even as 1-drops, on the turn he is played.

That is true of course. But since arena-decks tend to be not optimal there is quite a good chance to survive a round.

I never tried him in constructed mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, WedgeAntilles said:

That is true of course. But since arena-decks tend to be not optimal there is quite a good chance to survive a round.

I never tried him in constructed mode.

Unless you can stealth him, he's pretty weak in constructed, and even then, there's much AoE/removal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I was playing aggro, if i didnt get the fledgeling, I'd set up a board and drop the fledgeling so opponent spends his mana dealing with it, then Mark of Lotus > Savage Roar. But if not dropped on turn 1 or 2 it's likely not going to get anything done aside from baiting removal cards

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2017 at 10:03 AM, Blu3L0tu5 said:

When I was playing aggro, if i didnt get the fledgeling, I'd set up a board and drop the fledgeling so opponent spends his mana dealing with it, then Mark of Lotus > Savage Roar. But if not dropped on turn 1 or 2 it's likely not going to get anything done aside from baiting removal cards

Yeah, I personally think it's in a good place. Maybe they can tweak the Windfury on it (can't trigger Windfury on first turn of attacking or something).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Zadina
      The single-player adventure, introduced along with the Rastakhan's Rumble expansion, is now available in all regions.
      The Rumble Run is very similar to the Dungeon Run and the Monster Hunt, in the sense that you will face eight opponents and you will build your deck as you progress using card bundles, passives and powerful minions exclusive to this game mode.
      Your hero will always be Rikkar, a young Troll champion eager to prove himself. In the beginning of your run, you will be offered three different Shrines (more on them in the next paragraph) from three different classes. This initial decision basically equals to you picking a Class for this run. The other eight classes will be your opponents.

      Shrines exist as minions on the board and they have powerful effects. Each class has three different Shrines and each starting Shrine comes with a complementary deck of 10 minions that synergise with it. When a Shrine dies, it goes dormant for 3 turns and its effect isn't active until it comes back to life.
      Subsequently, you will build your deck using card bundles, neutral passive abilities and class-specific minions exclusive to the Rumble Run.
      If you finish the Rumble Run once with any class, you will earn this card back:

      Good luck on this new adventure and we'll soon have a detailed guide on it!
    • By Zadina
      This new Tavern Brawl features the deck recipes from Rastakhan's Rumble.
      With Rastakhan's Rumble being released last week, we were bound to get a Tavern Brawl like this. So pick a hero and you get the premade Rastakhan's Rumble deck recipe for the class you chose.
      Here are the decks:
      Druid: Feral Frenzy Hunter: Animal Instincts Mage: Power of the Dragonhawk Paladin: Shirvallah's Chosen Priest: Surrender to Madness Rogue: Cursed Crew Shaman: Big Bad Voodoo Warlock: Reckless Ritual (Discard) Warrior: Wings of War (Dragons) Good luck!
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Tempo Warrior Deck Guide.
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Miracle Priest guide.
    • By Vlad
      This thread is for comments about our Midrange Hunter Guide.