Spreading Plague — Druid Card
Table of Contents
Spreading Plague is a Druid-only spell. This card was introduced with Knights of the Frozen Throne and can now only be obtained through crafting. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Spreading Plague is a potentially strong spell if played from behind. As the spell is recast as long as the opponent has more minions, it will create a board of 1/5 Taunt minions to mirror the opponent's board, in a similar manner to Protect the King!. As the minions spawned have relatively high Health, it can be particularly devastating if combined with an immediate buff effect such as or Mark of the Lotus.
In Constructed, Spreading Plague can be used as a defensive card in slow Druid decks or as a way to burst onto the board for token Druid decks.
In Arena, Spreading Plague is a below average card. If opponents have a huge advantage on the board in Arena, the game is usually already lost, so Spreading Plague is unlikely to spawn enough minions to justify its Mana cost.
Spreading Plague was previously a 5 Mana card with the same effect but had it's Mana Cost raised to 6 during the Knights of the Frozen Throne expansion. Despite this change, the card remains strong and perfectly viable for competitive play.
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- US Federal Trade Commission "Likely to File Antitrust Lawsuit" to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Shaman Card Reveal Recap: November 20th
- Blizzard in China: All the Details, Rumors and New Information
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Warrior Card Reveal Recap: November 19th
- NetEase Message to Chinese Blizzard Game Players
- NetEase Responds to Blizzard Licensing Agreement Expiration
- Most Blizzard Game Services to Be Suspended in China on January 23rd
- Jailer Paladin Deck
- Questline Hunter Deck
- Big Beast Hunter Deck
- Miracle Priest Deck
- XL Beast Hunter Deck