Spreading Plague — Druid Card
Table of Contents
Spreading Plague is a Druid-only spell. This card was introduced with Knights of the Frozen Throne and can now only be obtained through crafting. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Spreading Plague is a potentially strong spell if played from behind. As the spell is recast as long as the opponent has more minions, it will create a board of 1/5 Taunt minions to mirror the opponent's board, in a similar manner to Protect the King!. As the minions spawned have relatively high Health, it can be particularly devastating if combined with an immediate buff effect such as or Mark of the Lotus.
In Constructed, Spreading Plague can be used as a defensive card in slow Druid decks or as a way to burst onto the board for token Druid decks.
In Arena, Spreading Plague is a below average card. If opponents have a huge advantage on the board in Arena, the game is usually already lost, so Spreading Plague is unlikely to spawn enough minions to justify its Mana cost.
Spreading Plague was previously a 5 Mana card with the same effect but had it's Mana Cost raised to 6 during the Knights of the Frozen Throne expansion. Despite this change, the card remains strong and perfectly viable for competitive play.
- A Different Kind of Letter from Activision Blizzard Executive Fran Townsend
- South Park's Sword of a Thousands Truths (Boars Included) to Be Added to Hearthstone
- United in Stormwind is Hearthstone's Latest Expansion
- Global Battle.net Rolling Out Today
- No BlizzCon Planned for 2021
- IGN Report on Blizzard Departures and the Company's Future, With Insider Info
- From the Vault: The Overwatch Anniversary 2021 Collection Live on the Blizzard Store
- Enthusiast Gaming Acquires Icy Veins
- Prince Arthas Boss Guide
- Tracker Monster Hunter
- Classic Control Paladin Deck
- Book of Heroes Thrall
- Illidan Stormrage Challenge
- Chenvaala Priest Deck
- Teron Gorefiend Challenge
- Clown Druid Deck - Forged in the Barrens