Spreading Plague — Druid Card
Table of Contents
Spreading Plague is a Druid-only spell. This card can be obtained from Knights of the Frozen Throne packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Spreading Plague is a potentially strong spell if played from behind. As the spell is recast as long as the opponent has more minions, it will create a board of 1/5 Taunt minions to mirror the opponent's board, in a similar manner to Protect the King!. As the minions spawned have relatively high Health, it can be particularly devastating if combined with an immediate buff effect such as Power of the Wild or Mark of the Lotus.
2. Constructed Play
In Constructed, Spreading Plague can be used as a defensive card in slow Druid decks or as a way to burst onto the board for token Druid decks.
In Arena, Spreading Plague is a below average card. If opponents have a huge advantage on the board in Arena, the game is usually already lost, so Spreading Plague is unlikely to spawn enough minions to justify its Mana cost.
Spreading Plague was previously a 5 Mana card with the same effect but had it's Mana Cost raised to 6 during the Knights of the Frozen Throne expansion. Despite this change, the card remains strong and perfectly viable for competitive play.
5. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- Wild Kun Malygos OTK Druid Deck
- Mr. Yagut's Rank #1 Legend Jade Druid Deck
- Armor Jade Druid Deck
- Post Nerf Jade Druid Deck
- Senfglas' Rank #1 Legend Jade Druid
- Budget Jade Druid Deck
- Always Lucky's Rank 1 Legend Jade Druid Deck
- The Lich King Druid Deck
- Zalae's Rank 1 Legend Jade Druid Deck
- Safta11's Rank 1 Legend Taunt Druid Deck
- Kolentos's Taunt Druid Deck
- Four Common Hearthstone Mistakes And How To Prevent Them
- Odd & Even Hearthside Chat with 4 Cards Revealed
- Patch 10.4: Arena Changes & The Witchwood Pre-Order
- "The Witchwood" Announced As Latest Hearthstone Expansion
- Icy Veins Class Writer Applications Closing Soon
- What's the Move #18 - Figuring out Fatigue
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #11
- Patch 10.4 Bringing Big Changes, Blizzcon Cards To The Arena
- Witchwood Worth it?
- The Witchwood Expansion Hub
- Throwback Decks
- Help me build this warrior
- The Lich King
- Wild Paladin OTK Deck
- OTK Djinni Priest Standard
- New player looking for deck building advice please