Oaken Summons — Druid Card
Table of Contents
Oaken Summons is a Druid-only spell. This card was introduced with Kobolds & Catacombs and can now only be obtained through crafting. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Oaken Summons is a subtle but powerful tool in Druid decks with only a few minions. It is best used to get your 4-drops more consistently on curve, and to gain 6 Armor in the process. As a nice by-product of this, you thin your deck slightly, which makes the rest of the game a little more consistent. The downside is that if you draw your minions before the summons, then it is a very poor card. You will therefore need to include enough 4-drops in your deck to make sure that this is a rare event. If Ironwood Golem is in your deck, the Summons can fulfill the 3 or more Armor criteria on the Golem as it brings it into play.
When building a Constructed deck around Oaken Summons, the best use of the card is to fetch one of very few 4-drops in the deck. For instance, Quest Druid plays the Summons with Cursed Disciple as its only 4-drop, which can help to advance the Jungle Giants Quest. In other decks, especially ones which use Jade cards to generate early minions, synergy with Fandral Staghelm and Ironwood Golem can make the Summons a playable card.
In Arena, Oaken Summons is a very poor card. There will usually be enough 1 and 2 Mana minions in your deck that it will not represent enough value to be worthy of inclusion.
- Global Battle.net Rolling Out Today
- No BlizzCon Planned for 2021
- IGN Report on Blizzard Departures and the Company's Future, With Insider Info
- From the Vault: The Overwatch Anniversary 2021 Collection Live on the Blizzard Store
- Enthusiast Gaming Acquires Icy Veins
- Activision Blizzard Q1 2021 Earnings Call
- New Leadership for Overwatch After Jeff Kaplan Leaves Blizzard
- David Kim Leaves Blizzard (WoW Principal Designer and Former Diablo 4 Lead Systems Designer)
- Clown Druid Deck - Forged in the Barrens
- Battlegrounds Hero Tier List
- Hmm.. world first?
- Illidan Stormrage Challenge
- Illidan Stormrage challenge impossible in new season
- Houndmaster Monster Hunter
- Hearthstone Gold Guide
- Classic Midrange Combo Druid Deck