Oaken Summons — Druid Card
Table of Contents
Oaken Summons is a Druid-only spell. This card can be obtained from Kobolds & Catacombs packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Oaken Summons is a subtle but powerful tool in Druid decks with only a few minions. It is best used to get your 4-drops more consistently on curve, and to gain 6 Armor in the process. As a nice by-product of this, you thin your deck slightly, which makes the rest of the game a little more consistent. The downside is that if you draw your minions before the summons, then it is a very poor card. You will therefore need to include enough 4-drops in your deck to make sure that this is a rare event. If Ironwood Golem is in your deck, the Summons can fulfill the 3 or more Armor criteria on the Golem as it brings it into play.
2. Constructed Play
When building a Constructed deck around Oaken Summons, the best use of the card is to fetch one of very few 4-drops in the deck. For instance, Quest Druid plays the Summons with Cursed Disciple as its only 4-drop, which can help to advance the Jungle Giants Quest. In other decks, especially ones which use Jade cards to generate early minions, synergy with Fandral Staghelm and Ironwood Golem can make the Summons a playable card.
In Arena, Oaken Summons is a very poor card. There will usually be enough 1 and 2 Mana minions in your deck that it will not represent enough value to be worthy of inclusion.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- Magnetic Hearthside Chat Shows Off New Mechanic, Reveals Four New Cards
- The Midsummer Fire Festival Has Returned
- Menacing Nimbus Card Reveal
- Stargazer Luna Revealed from The Boomsday Project
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #20
- The Boomsday Pre-Orders & Minion Type Changes Now Available
- New Hearthstone Expansion Announced: The Boomsday Project [Updated]
- Tavern Talk #2: Past and New Heroes, Balance Frequency, Community Card Art
- Boomsday Project Hub
- Time-Tinker Monster Hunter
- Is the game dying?
- Token Druid
- Even Warrior
- Tracker Monster Hunter
- Big Spell Mage
- Recruit Warrior