Oaken Summons — Druid Card
Table of Contents
Oaken Summons is a Druid-only spell. This card was introduced with Kobolds & Catacombs and can now only be obtained through crafting. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Oaken Summons is a subtle but powerful tool in Druid decks with only a few minions. It is best used to get your 4-drops more consistently on curve, and to gain 6 Armor in the process. As a nice by-product of this, you thin your deck slightly, which makes the rest of the game a little more consistent. The downside is that if you draw your minions before the summons, then it is a very poor card. You will therefore need to include enough 4-drops in your deck to make sure that this is a rare event. If Ironwood Golem is in your deck, the Summons can fulfill the 3 or more Armor criteria on the Golem as it brings it into play.
When building a Constructed deck around Oaken Summons, the best use of the card is to fetch one of very few 4-drops in the deck. For instance, Quest Druid plays the Summons with Cursed Disciple as its only 4-drop, which can help to advance the Jungle Giants Quest. In other decks, especially ones which use Jade cards to generate early minions, synergy with Fandral Staghelm and Ironwood Golem can make the Summons a playable card.
In Arena, Oaken Summons is a very poor card. There will usually be enough 1 and 2 Mana minions in your deck that it will not represent enough value to be worthy of inclusion.
- BlizzCon 2023 in Coming on Nov 3-4
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look
- Activision Blizzard Announces First Quarter 2023 Financial Results
- BlizzCon 2023 Update by Blizzard President Mike Ybarra
- A Misunderstanding May Have Been the Cause of Activision Blizzard Games Not Being Available in China
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- US Federal Trade Commission Files Suit to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- Classic Freeze Mage Deck
- Classic Miracle Rogue Deck
- Skeleton Mage Deck
- Gruul the Dragonkiller Challenge
- Classic Face Hunter Deck