Damien

Hearthstone Warlock Decks

Sign in to follow this  

24 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Warlock Decks.

Overall this is quite a nice deck. I tried it and it has a pretty decent plays and a good win ratio.

The only thing that I would recomment is that you changed the Bloodfen Raptors, they are pretty bad - they are simply outshined by other 3/2 that also have abilities like Armany Berserker.

In my deck(I have a few commons and rares) I swaped them with a Raidleader and an Imp Master(works really well if they haven't played anything on turn 1 to do: voidwalker turn 1, then coin into Imp Master for turn 2 and then at turn 3 play Raid Leader for quite some damage and some major threats on the board).

I also swapped the Elven archer for another Storwind Champion for more late game presense.

Again, I think this is a pretty good beginners deck. Really pleased by it. smile.png

Overall this is quite a nice deck. I tried it and it has a pretty decent plays and a good win ratio.

The only thing that I would recomment is that you changed the Bloodfen Raptors, they are pretty bad - they are simply outshined by other 3/2 that also have abilities like Armany Berserker.

In my deck(I have a few commons and rares) I swaped them with a Raidleader and an Imp Master(works really well if they haven't played anything on turn 1 to do: voidwalker turn 1, then coin into Imp Master for turn 2 and then at turn 3 play Raid Leader for quite some damage and some major threats on the board).

I also swapped the Elven archer for another Storwind Champion for more late game presense.

Again, I think this is a pretty good beginners deck. Really pleased by it. smile.png

Thank you for the nice words. The reason why you see the Bloodfen Raptors in there instead of other, better cards like the Amani Berserker is that this deck is made out of basic cards entirely. We did it this way so that it would be accessible to literally anyone. Naturally, doing it this way you miss out on some really good cards, some of which are actually easy (and important) to craft (like Spellbreakers).

In the (hopefully very near) future, we're going to expand a lot on these decks, giving people hints as to what cards to craft first, as well as giving some sort of rating/analysis of the existing cards. This should allow players to make their own informed decisions as to what cards to swap into the decks to make them better, based on the cards they actually have (or can craft).

Great new presentation format with the tables, the Naxx icon and how far a deck could get you. The more detailed descriptions and different matchup advice like on the Handlocks are quite useful too.

Thanks.

Edited by BR0

The Legendary Demonlock deck by Sottle posted 3/2 is very underwhelming and needs work. At best I've averaged a 33%-25% win ratio. It's not strong enough to take board control and trying to maintain control if you get it is very draw dependent. By the time you have the mana and cards needed to start doing damage it's too late to do anything that could salvage a win.

The Legendary Demonlock deck by Sottle posted 3/2 is very underwhelming and needs work. At best I've averaged a 33%-25% win ratio. It's not strong enough to take board control and trying to maintain control if you get it is very draw dependent. By the time you have the mana and cards needed to start doing damage it's too late to do anything that could salvage a win.

The meta changes from aggro to control and reverse, every day. While it might not be the best in the aggro meta, it's definitely a viable choice. Reworking every single deck to fit the meta would be very hard, I'd rather suggest looking for another deck that can counter the current meta.

I have trouble reaching above rank 14. Is it my luck?

Your... luck?

Which deck should I look into for a control warlock? noob to lock decks and can't seem to find a decent control deck

Which deck should I look into for a control warlock? noob to lock decks and can't seem to find a decent control deck

Handlock/Demonlock

Hey what's up sottle. Can you post an update on the handlock with the brm cards please? Thanks :)

Thank you sir :) keep the awesome work u are the best :) i basically learned to play hearthstone with your guides in this website.

Handlock for control. Demonlock is a midrange deck. I suggest handlock because it is cheaper and quite more consistent.

Hey sottle wats up. What do you think about this demon handlock hybrid? Its very similar to strifecro demon handlock.

2 mortal coils

2 dark bombs

2 ancient watchers

2 ironbeak owls

2 sunfury protectors

1 big mage hunter

2 hellfires

1 shadowflame

1 defender of argus

2 twilight drakes

2 voidcallers

2 antique healbots

2 sludge belchers

1 dread infernal

1 emperor thaurissan

1 dr boom

1 lord jaraxxus

1 malganis

2 molten giants

Please give me a feedback :)

Yo sottle whats good bro :) hey have u tested the new dreadsteed warlock deck? i saw tidesoftime playing it and it looks fun and very strong, also many players have achivee high legend rak with it. if you try it and it works can u post a a deck on the website i'd appreciate it. warlock is one of my favorite classes and id like to see some new competitive decks besides the classic handlock zoolcok and malylock.

Which players have got high legend with it? As far as i've seen, the people that have tried it have achieved less than stellar winrates (55%ish at best). It's a deck that i'll cover at some point, but I don't feel like it's strong unless there's been some breakthrough that i've missed.

On 07/06/2016 at 4:09 AM, positiv2 said:

Why so?

Perhaps he is referring to the crafting guide being updated for Standard/ToG

The Warlock crafting guide DOES need an update for standard format in my opinion. A number of the cards suggested in the crafting guide are Naxx and GvG. While I appreciate your additions positiv2, the additions alone are a very incomplete look at the Standard meta.

Sign in to follow this