FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zadina

Omega Medic Reveal: The Boomsday Project

EPubkZx.jpg

The first community reveal is here and it's an Omega card for Priest!

The reveal was made by Polish streamer MKRR3 on YouTube. Here is the card:

9041d361004f4b4249d6059231a4e13a.png

This Omega card has definitely a better statline compared to the other two that have been revealed so far. Opinions are pretty torn on this one: half of the community think it's good, while the other half disagrees. Personally, I am with the latter side: I just don't see why a Priest would want this card. It's too slow for Aggro and not amazing enough for a turn 10+ play. Omega Medic is probably more valuable in the Arena.

Feel free to help me figure out this card on the comments below. Keep up with the upcoming card reveals using the reveal schedule, as well as our dedicated Boomsday Project hub!

its not game changing but its a good card if you have an free slot ! great for arena as mentioned.

one thing i dont understand is that you need to play it with full 10 mana to get the extra effect or just at 10 mana. i mean can for example combo it with velen for 20 health ? or if you play velen first the battlecry wont trigger ?

4 minutes ago, blackstar128 said:

one thing i dont understand is that you need to play it with full 10 mana to get the extra effect or just at 10 mana. i mean can for example combo it with velen for 20 health ? or if you play velen first the battlecry wont trigger ?

Just at 10 mana

The point of the whole priest class is if you can't reach turn 10 you shouldn't play priest at all.

This on turn 3 has perfect statline so is playable anyway in any turn and this is a Antique Healbot that cost less and heal more even if only lategame while before is just a premium stat body that can snowball the board if the opponent doesn't have a 4 dmg spell to remove it because unlike Tar Creeper this has 3 atk and can effectively kill opponent early game minions during his turn and not die to Silences.

After the removal of Greater Healing Potion people were so desperate to play garbage like Divine Hymn to stay alive. If anyone played  Twilight Darkmender will remember how great was in that deck at putting you out of lethals while providing a body to contest board this has more or less the same goal.

This card might see some play, but I am not that optimistic.  10 health is about the amount you need to stabilize but at turn 10 vs aggro, you are generally either dead or have stabilized, which makes this somewhat unappealing for that.  Where it might end up shining is against control decks with strong burst finishers that are less then 30.