FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Aleco

Thunderhead Card Reveal

gpJH8Oo.png

Voltaic Burst has a new best friend in Thunderhead, a powerful new Elemental minion for Shaman.

Fans of Elemental Shaman will be happy to see the latest card reveal from The Boomsday Project:

DjQIgfcUwAI7yAT.jpg

Reasonable body for its Mana cost? Check.

Powerful text box? Check.

Relevant minion type? Check.

Looks like we've got ourselves a playable card! I can't wait to play this guy into Voltaic Burst with Cult Master on the board. Just one activation of Thunderhead and the card will have paid itself off, and if you can ever get 2 or more activations from Thunderhead he might take over the game. This is exactly the kind of upside I'm looking for on my 4 drops with reasonable stats (see: Fal'dorei Strider), and the kind of card that could take an Elemental Shaman deck to the next level. 

Do you think Thunderhead will see play? Let us know in the comments, and be sure to check out our Boomsday Hub for more spoilers from the upcoming expansion.

A sweet addition to those times when you hero power, and doesn't get a spell power totem with a subsequent lightning storm, where some enemy minions will have 1 health, where you then can finish that 1 health off now efficiently. I can definitely see this card being played a lot in elemental shaman + the new overload deck made by Brian Kibler 🙂

23 hours ago, BlizzKlinn said:

A sweet addition to those times when you hero power, and doesn't get a spell power totem with a subsequent lightning storm, where some enemy minions will have 1 health, where you then can finish that 1 health off now efficiently. I can definitely see this card being played a lot in elemental shaman + the new overload deck made by Brian Kibler ?

I really love Brian Kiblers Overload Deck. But Thunderhead might not be a fitting card for it. The reason is that if you play too many Elementals, Sandbinder will not draw you Snowfury Giant reliably. But maybe one copy is manageable.

But it is still a nice addition to Shaman.

Edited by Taan
  • Like 1