FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Aleco

Meteorologist Card Reveal

F19yxr4.png

The damage this card deals with its Battlecry is about as unreliable as a weather prediction from a real meteorologist.

We have another new card reveal for you from The Boomsday Project, a Rare card for Mage:

meteorologist-300x429.png

A 6 Mana 3/3 is very far below the bar, which means the Battlecry ability has to be excellent for Meteorologist to see play. I don't think it is. You can't run this card in an aggro deck because you won't have enough cards in your hand to get value from the Battlecry, and control decks have better board clears to play on turn 6 than Meteorologist (Dragon's FuryBlizzardMeteor). This is fine against Odd Paladin, but Control Mage is already strong against token decks and has plenty of board clears. Perhaps this makes sense in a Book of Specters/Spiteful Summoner deck?

I think Meteorologist misses the mark for playability, how about you? Let us know in the comments, and be sure to check out our Boomsday Hub for more spoilers from the upcoming expansion on August 7th.

At first I thought this card was good. But your explanation made a ton of sense. Notably:

35 minutes ago, Aleco said:

You can't run this card in an aggro deck because you won't have enough cards in your hand

Perhaps there will be some card that adds tokens to your hand to make it viable though.

Blah, it might be barely passable if it was an elemental.

As it stands though this is straight up bad 😞

I remember blizzard arguing that bad cards had to exist, but why make them into rares, epics and legendaries?

1 hour ago, Migol said:

Blah, it might be barely passable if it was an elemental.

As it stands though this is straight up bad 😞

I remember blizzard arguing that bad cards had to exist, but why make them into rares, epics and legendaries?

I think rather than having rarity being a measure of card strength, the idea is to have ‘boring’ vanilla-ish minions as common, with increasing rarity coming with more interesting effects. So rare seems about right for this one to me... and on the plus side you get more dust for it when you open it than you would have if it was common.