FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] Fury Warrior 5.4

Correct me if I am wrong but you shouldn't use raging blow during execute phase? If you have excess rage blow it with Execute. Also by playing a bit you can pretty much estimate how much rage you generate between cs windows which helps with rage dumping as its better to use heroic strike/execute during enrage and not cause you are almost capped at that moment.

You should still use RB outside of CS during Execute phase to dump rage if needed.

"The guide goes into quite a bit of detail about all of this so I'm not sure that I can give you any additional info, but anyway."

Yeah... Sorry about that. I don't mean to waste your time. I think sometimes I feel like I'm taking in a lot of information and that some of it just doesn't sink in. The main confusion was wild strike for me, but you cleared that up for me. Thanks for your response and helping me out :).

"The guide goes into quite a bit of detail about all of this so I'm not sure that I can give you any additional info, but anyway."

Yeah... Sorry about that. I don't mean to waste your time. I think sometimes I feel like I'm taking in a lot of information and that some of it just doesn't sink in. The main confusion was wild strike for me, but you cleared that up for me. Thanks for your response and helping me out Posted Image.

No need to apologize, and it's never, ever a waste of time. As long as I can help at least one person in at least a tiny way, it's a great use of my time :P

Correct me if I am wrong but you shouldn't use raging blow during execute phase? If you have excess rage blow it with Execute. Also by playing a bit you can pretty much estimate how much rage you generate between cs windows which helps with rage dumping as its better to use heroic strike/execute during enrage and not cause you are almost capped at that moment.

You should still use RB procs during execute range. It remains the highest damage-per-GCD ability we have other than execute,and only costs 10 rage. Essentially during sub-20% you try and set up a CS -> 4 x execute every 20 seconds, using berserker rage to keep up enrage if needed during that window. The rest of the time (outside of CS) you should be using BT on cooldown and using RB procs to ensure you have high rage for the CS, as well as maintaining enrage. It's more damage per rage, and rage management is important. If you have high rage, absolutely use execute over RB, but in a normal situation where you aren't taking damage you won't be able to sustain just using execute and BT.

Guest Fillingi

Provides a 320 Strength gain through the ability of using 2 Posted ImageBold Serpent's Eye.

This is in the profession perk category of the guide. I'm confused... Generally, the stat weights suggest to use a smooth serpent's eye rather than a bold serpent's eye. If this isn't a mistake, could somebody explain this?

it always depends. You have to realize that JC is a strange profession because it only give 320 of secondary stats if you use smooth gems. As long as crit is weighted higher than strength, you are good to go with Smooth serpent eyes. However, as your gear goes up, strength slowly starts to catch up to crit (at 523 ilvl im at the point where 1 str ~= 1 crit) so at that point you *might* want to use Bold ones. But as a rule of thumb you are right, get as much crit as you possibly can.

Guest mememi

Why the Str gem on the professions section? shouldnt it be the crit serpent's eye?

About BiS trinkets : I notice that the Ji-Kun trinket is considered best in slot for melee dps, and that's definitely a given. But there have been some differences indicating the second BiS trinket. Icyveins says Gaze of the Twins, and askmrrobot (and I, for that matter) think it's probably Primordious' Talisman of Rage. Could somebody confirm that Gaze of the Twins is, indeed, the best? If so, could you explain why? Thank you

Napkin math here, and I'm going to ignore the fact that the buff can stack with itself (but since I do it with both it should still give a decent comparison).

Primordius has a 3 RPPM proc chance, gives a 1467 static crit and has a 10s buff. So we're talking, on average of a 50% uptime on the buff which gives 1538 Str. My logs show it,s more like 66%, but even then we're talking of 1467 Crit and about 1000 strength on average. Also, you have to consider the not only the proc isn't that strong, but since it lasts only 10 seconds, it is very well possible it'll spawn between 2 CS and effectively be wasted.

Twins, on the other hand, is based on your crit chance: RPPM is [0.8*(1+Melee Crit Chance)] At my current gear level, it is around 1.12 RRPM. However, you have to take into account that the better your gear is, the more often this trinket will proc. On top of that, each time it procs it increases the chances of seeing another proc. But even then, just with using the same kind of approximation I did with Primordius, since the theory would predict ~ a 35% uptime in my gear, with the increased crit from it and the fact that it can stack we're probably more looking at 50%, we get a static 1467 Strength and an average of 1434 crit.

So not only does Gaze averages out to more stats, it becomes infinitely better as it will proc more often as your gear goes up, you also have to remember that the buff from it lasts 20 seconds, which means you'll always be able to have a CS benefiting from the buff every time the trinket procs.

If you need anymore clarifications please let me know :)

-Rage

Guest TG4life

ok so i am a Fury TG warrior now with 526 ilevel, I am doing something like 120k dps and RL is telling me how could your dps be so diff from a Ret Pally who is of similar ilevel as you!? I have read posts from you guys, fine tuned my reforging, more adjustments to my rotations, comparing talents, researching up on patches on warriors buffs (or nerfs!) and even to the point of lowering FPS latency to better facilitate my dps.

Ultimately, my question is simple. Has I reached a TG warrior's max or it is just me?

ok so i am a Fury TG warrior now with 526 ilevel, I am doing something like 120k dps and RL is telling me how could your dps be so diff from a Ret Pally who is of similar ilevel as you!? I have read posts from you guys, fine tuned my reforging, more adjustments to my rotations, comparing talents, researching up on patches on warriors buffs (or nerfs!) and even to the point of lowering FPS latency to better facilitate my dps.

Ultimately, my question is simple. Has I reached a TG warrior's max or it is just me?

The best thing for you to do is to post in a new thread in the Warrior subforum, there the community can properly address your question.

Guest Noisy cricket

In Tier 4 of the talent tree your guide says during bladestorm you are immune to disarms. It then goes on to say disarms can stop bladestorm. Um what?

Okay, so I have my Recklessness, Skull Banner, Bloodbath, and Colossus smash all tied into 1 macro. Does the Colossus smash gain the effects of the other abilities or should I remove it from the macro?

(If this has been answered before I am sorry, these threads do get fairly long)

Out of all these, the only 2 I would macro together would be Reck and SB, since they're both part of your 3 minute burst.

BB is on a 1 minute CD, so just keep it boud to another key (Macroed with your engineering gloves, if you'Re an engineer, and posibly Dragon Roar too) and use it before every 3rd Colossus Smash.

For more detailed usage on how to use Colossus Smash, just look at my guide on the forums right here :) It does gain effect from the abilities but that's still not what makes CS so powerful.

I use BB on it's own key as well as in the macro. I figure the instant of 1 key is easier than going from one to another. I also have Colossus smash in the macro so as to attain the damage boost for the rest of my abilities for that short duration of burst, not so much for the damage of the ability itself. I wasn't sure if in that instant 1 button macro though that it would gain benefit and add to my BB. (Does BB stack? it says refreshes and updates but it isn't quite clear on that matter)

BB updates dynamically with the damage you deal.

In an ideal situation, you don't even want to have SB and Reck macroed together though.

You want to use Banner+Bloodbath+Engineering Gloves, then dragon roar, then Reck, then colossus smash.

Guest bjorkloven

Hey fellow warriors. Could someone be so kind and share a video about rotation, specc n build for 5.4? Still doing fury with two 1-handers and it feels like my dps isnt the best atm. 

Guest Gerta

Hi,

please change the description of Mass Spell Reflection.

It says "It has a 1-minute cooldown and, unlike its single-target counter-part (wow_icon_ability_warrior_shieldreflectioSpell Reflection), it does not require that you have a shield equipped.", but since 5.4 the Spell Reflection does not longer needs a shield.

If you want you could add an example for a boss spell that could be reflected: ToT Council of Elders: High Priestess Mar'li's warlock_curse_shadow_aura.jpgWrath of the Loa

You updated it very very nicely Vlad. I have the rotation(s) down perfect, but I always check your guides as new patches come out in case things change, and I (unfortunately) thought the wording and organization was pretty poor for people trying to learn and master Fury for the first time. However, after the Oct 17th changes, it is MUCH easier to read and understand when trying to grasp the concepts for those not familiar with the advanced rotation(s). Great great job dude.

Guest soulieke

I was curious about stormbolt suggestions in the guide namely 6.3.1-6.3.2 https://www.icy-veins.com/fury-warrior-wow-pve-dps-rotation-cooldowns-abilities.

In the case of NOT having the evil eye of galakras ,

1. am i reading this correctly that you would use it outside CS window?

In case of having evil eye of galakras

1. During  testing rotation on a dummy, i keep failing getting stormbolt aligned on the first global cooldown of the current CS window consistently , any reason for  that it needs to fill the first global  cooldown slot of a CS-window?
  2. What do you do with stormbolt  when it doesnt align? Wait until next CS-window  ,....

PS ty for the lovely guides it gettign harder and harder these to find nice warrior guides:)

Guest Jalopy

1) Yes, you would want to use it outside of Colossus Smash.

1) This depends entirely on how good of a CDR trinket you have. If you have one that reduces your stormbolt to have 21.5~ seconds, you should probably just delay CS a GCD and then have SB the first GCD (or you could CS-X-SB-X-X).

2) Yes. If you don't have any sort of CDR, your stormbolt will be 30s. If it aligns inside your CS, good. If not, use it IMMEDIATELY when it comes up.

The reasoning for using Storm Bolt as your first GCD is so that it will always properly align within CS (in a perfect scenario). The longer you delay it, the longer it'll be pushed back inside that CS, especially without a heroic/heroic WF trinket. If you delay it so long, you might have to then delay CS a few globals to get it back inside of it.

Sign in to follow this