FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Curse of Naxxramas Military Quarter

This thread is for comments about our boss guides for the Military Quarter of the Curse of Naxxramas.

Guest Chris

I managed to beat the four horsemen relatively easily using emperor cobra and mark of the wild for druid. The three horsemen died the following turn and i pretty much won before turn 8

Any suggestions on how to beat Gothik? I'm having problems gaining board control.

It's the same thing every match. Anything I play is immediately eliminated by Corruption, Drain Life or Shadow Bolt. On the off chance I actually manage 2 minions on the board by the third or fourth turn, he already has 2 Abominations in addition to a full board (usually with an Unrelenting Rider and at least 1 Undertaker up to 6/7). If I actually cleared Gothik's side of the board, I then have to clear my own side as I immediately take 3-5 damage at the beginning of my turn due to Spectral Trainees.

It happens exactly this way with every deck I've tried, including Mage, Priest, Paladin, Warlock, Druid and Shaman. I tried the decks posted in this guide, a few decks I saw on YouTube, Reddit, Gamepedia and Twitch, as well as my own variations of each. Nothing changes. The battle happens exactly the same way every time without fail.

The problem "might" be me, but I've beaten every other heroic level within the first few tries, and most of those using my own decks. This one I've tried for hours, usually conceding the game by round 3 due to total board control by him and me with 5 health.

I even beat Baron Rivendare my second try using Thoughtsteal to get Runeblade. Then I used Shadow Word: Pain and Stampeding Kodo to clear the board. I was finished by round 7. I'm fairly good at formulating a deck when I know the cards I'm up against. This one is just running me under. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Alcanoya

Guest lufo88

@alcanoya
IMHO the pala deck  for Gothik  described in the article missing humility. Throw off dire wolf alpha. I use humility and aldor on Unrelenting Rider/Unrelenting Warrior. DO NOT KILL THEM after use humility/aldor. Activated taunt on Spectral trainess and use on them Blessing of kings/might, It seems stupid but it works. Kill as fast as you can the Undertaker and use the deathrattle of abomination as your advantage

use equality + piromancer (or Doomsayer) to clear BOTH side (the best is destroy Spectral trainess and the enemy minion)

I use this deck to beat him 

Blessing of Might × 1 (IMHO 2x Blessing of Kings it's not viable, due to high cost of mana)
Humility × 2
Doomsayer × 2
Equality × 2
Holy Light × 2
Sunfury Protector × 2
Wild Pyromancer × 2
Aldor Peacekeeper × 2
Mind Control Tech × 2
Sword of Justice × 2
Blessing of Kings × 1
Consecration × 2
Defender of Argus × 2
Truesilver Champion × 2
Holy Wrath × 1 (I have only one lay on hands, but it's not a bad idea)
Guardian of Kings × 2
Lay on Hands × 1

I hope this can help you.

@alcanoya

IMHO the pala deck  for Gothik  described in the article missing humility. Throw off dire wolf alpha. I use humility and aldor on Unrelenting Rider/Unrelenting Warrior. DO NOT KILL THEM after use humility/aldor. Activated taunt on Spectral trainess and use on them Blessing of kings/might, It seems stupid but it works. Kill as fast as you can the Undertaker and use the deathrattle of abomination as your advantage

use equality + piromancer (or Doomsayer) to clear BOTH side (the best is destroy Spectral trainess and the enemy minion)

I use this deck to beat him 

Blessing of Might × 1 (IMHO 2x Blessing of Kings it's not viable, due to high cost of mana)
Humility × 2
Doomsayer × 2
Equality × 2
Holy Light × 2
Sunfury Protector × 2
Wild Pyromancer × 2
Aldor Peacekeeper × 2
Mind Control Tech × 2
Sword of Justice × 2
Blessing of Kings × 1
Consecration × 2
Defender of Argus × 2
Truesilver Champion × 2
Holy Wrath × 1 (I have only one lay on hands, but it's not a bad idea)
Guardian of Kings × 2
Lay on Hands × 1

I hope this can help you.

Thank you, lufo. Unfortunately your advice was a bit late.

I finally beat it with the pally deck below. By using Spectral Knight and Faerie Dragon combined with Sunfury Protector and Defender of Argus, I was able to make a viable defense he couldn't eliminate using spells. In addition, I used Dread Corsair in combination with Truesilver Champion to lay down cheap taunts. Then, using Faceless Manipulator, I was able to duplicate my taunted and buffed Spectral Knight. It was just a matter of enduring until he exhausted his cards.

Another thing I held into account was that I wasn't able to use any of my cards that cost over 5 mana. By the 6th round, if you don't already have full board control under way, you won't gain it by using cards like Sunwalker or Guardian of Kings. So it's important to have high effect/low cost cards in order to deliver the proper level of smack down. smile.png

Equality                       x2

Faerie Dragon            x2

Holy Light                   x2

Sunfury Protector       x2

Aldor Peacekeeper    x2

Divine Favor               x2

Mind Control Tech     x2

Sword of Justice        x2

Blessing of Kings       x2

Consecration             x2

Defender of Argus     x2

Dread Corsair            x2

Truesilver Champion  x2

Faceless Manipulator x2

Spectral Knight           x2

Guest Beate

You need to make at least one of the decks you suggest beginner friendly. All of these decks have cards that I don't have so I can't make any of them.

Guest Derp

The Druid deck that the page recommends we use to beat Gothik has cards in it that require you to already have beaten Gothik (as the cards are rewards you can only get after beating the challenge after him). Face. Palm.

Guest nosaJay

How can I use the deathlord if I don't have it yet..

How can I use the deathlord if I don't have it yet..

The Druid deck that the page recommends we use to beat Gothik has cards in it that require you to already have beaten Gothik (as the cards are rewards you can only get after beating the challenge after him). Face. Palm.

The Druid deck is a suggestion for heroic mode. At that point you'll have the reward card you'll need.

These are the F2P decks I beat the Heroic Military Quarter with.

Instructor Razuvious
https://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/instructor-razuvious-guide-for-the-curse-of-naxxramas

Razuvious has a ridiculously overpowered weapon, which he should not even once be able to use against your hero. Use lots of taunts to keep it at bay.
He also has an absurdly strong Hero Power, dealing 4 damage for 1 mana. It will mostly focus on the biggest threat on your board, not necessarily your taunts.
Use Mind Control Crystal to steal his 2 starting taunt minions on turn 2 (turn 3, if Razuvious played The Coin already). This way you have a chance of profiting from a Master Swordsmith's buff.
Exploit Necroknight's deathrattle to kill two adjacent minions, ideally Spectral Knight and Spiteful Smith.
Having a strong board is required against Razuvious' weapons, Hero Power and minions, but can backfire, when he draws his 2 Brawl.

F2P Mage (0 Dust)
Difficulty: medium (may take up to 10 tries)

2x Arcane Missiles
2x Mirror Image
2x Acidic Swamp Ooze
2x Frostbolt
2x Arcane Intellect
2x Frost Nova
2x Frostwolf Grunt
2x Ironfur Grizzly
2x Fireball
2x Sen'jin Shieldmasta
2x Water Elemental
2x Gurubashi Berserker
2x Sludge Belcher
2x Lord of the Arena
1x Flamestrike
1x Kel'Thuzad

Mulligan for Frostbolt, Frostwolf Grunt and Acidic Swamp Ooze.
Kel'Thuzad+Mirror Image will not secure the win in this fight because of Razuvious' Hero Power. But it will give you card advantage, if you can trade minions. Beware of Brawl!

F2P Priest (0 Dust)
Difficulty: hard (may take more than 10 tries)
Inspiration:

2x Mind Vision
2x Northshire Cleric
2x Power Word: Shield
2x Acidic Swamp Ooze
2x Deathlord
2x Divine Spirit
2x Frostwolf Grunt
2x Shadow Word: Pain
2x Ironfur Grizzly
2x Shadow Word: Death
2x Chillwind Yeti
2x Sen'jin Shieldmasta
2x Gurubashi Berserker
2x Sludge Belcher
1x Lord of the Arena
1x Kel'Thuzad

Mulligan for Goldshire Footman, Mind Vision and Acidic Swamp Ooze.
Buff and heal your taunts to 5+ or 10+ HP to be out of reach for Unbalancing Strike.
Bug exploit: If you buff Deathlord with Divine Spirit twice, Razuvious will not attack it with Runeblade but only with minions. Still beware of The Black Knight!

---

Gothik the Harvester
https://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/gothik-the-harvester-guide-for-the-curse-of-naxxramas

Quickly kill Gothik's Unrelenting minions to transform them into Spectrals, thus reducing their damage to 1.
Use attack buffs on your mischievous Spectrals and trade them – at best rather inefficiently!
Filling your board with minions will keep the Spectrals from spawning on your side (beware of Abomination).
Aim to simply survive the minion attacks and Gothik will most likely die to fatigue.

F2P Paladin (0 Dust)
Difficulty: easy (may take up to 5 tries)
Inspiration:

2x Blessing of Might
2x Humility
2x Holy Light
2x Frostwolf Grunt
2x Ironfur Grizzly
2x Raid Leader
2x Shattered Sun Cleric
2x Blessing of Kings
2x Consecration
2x Dragonling Mechanic
2x Hammer of Wrath
2x Sen'jin Shieldmasta
2x Truesilver Champion
2x Guardian of Kings
2x Stormwind Champion

F2P Druid (0 Dust)
Difficulty: easy (may take up to 5 tries)
Source: http://www.hearthhead.com/deck=66041/0-dust-heroic-gothik-killer

2x Innervate
2x Moonfire
2x Claw
2x Mark of the Wild
2x Unstable Ghoul
2x Deathlord
2x Healing Touch
2x Ironfur Grizzly
2x Raid Leader
2x Savage Roar
2x Poison Seeds
2x Sen'jin Shieldmasta
2x Swipe
2x Sludge Belcher
2x Starfire

---

Heroic Baron Rivendare

The difficulty of this fight lies in Rivendare's board control provided by his minions and various spells. Killing 1-2 Horsemen very quickly with your own spells will be absolutely mandatory.
Once you start playing minions, you will have to sustain a lot of removal spells. Do not count on the survival of your minions.
Easy mode: Put any silence effect into your deck. If you silence the last Horseman, Rivendare's weapon will never get buffed and he will be attackable immediately.

F2P Priest (0 Dust)
Difficulty: medium (may take up to 10 tries)
Inspiration: https://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/baron-rivendare-guide-for-the-curse-of-naxxramas

1x Holy Smite
2x Mind Vision
2x Northshire Cleric
2x Power Word: Shield
2x Voodoo Doctor
2x Zombie Chow
2x Acidic Swamp Ooze
2x Mind Blast
2x Shadow Word: Pain
2x Unstable Ghoul
2x Deathlord
2x Ironfur Grizzly
1x Shadow Word: Death
2x Sen'jin Shieldmasta
2x Holy Nova
2x Sludge Belcher

Mulligan for Mind Vision, Zombie Chow, Shadow Word: Pain and Acidic Swamp Ooze.
Play around the secret Repentence by playing low-HP minions.

Cheerio,

Bob

Guest Hicaliber

I just finished Baron Rivendare on heroic on my second try with a custom deck I made that I'd like to share. I hope you'll laugh as hard as I did especially since it's so bad!

Priest

Circle of Healing x2

Holy Smite x2

Inner Fire x2

Light of the Naaru x2

Shadow Word: Pain x2

Crazed Alchemist x1

Knife Juggler x1

Recombobulator x1

Shrinkmeister x2

Unstable Ghoul x2

Shadow Word: Death x2

Mindgames x1

Shadow Madness x2

Auchenai Soulpriest x2

Holy Nova x2

Abombination x1

Holy Fire x1

Baron Geddon *

Profet Valen *

That's just what I made expecting to never see my crazed alchemist ... Anyway, to break it down for you the idea was to A) Shrinkmeister and crazed alchemist to swap the 0/7 to a 7/0 (that actually happened), B ) Use shadow madness and recombobulate (I f***ing wish I got that) and C) Keep on conceding until I mulligan SW:P, and inner fire was so I could SW:D.

To upgrade the deck if I could I would make it look something like this:

Circle of healing x2

Holy Smite x2

Inner Fire x2

Light of Naaru x2

Shadow Word: Pain x2

Crazed Alchemist x2

Recombobulator x2

Shrinkmeister x2

Unstable ghoul x2

Shadow Word Death x2

Mass Dispel x1

Shadow Madness x2

Auchenai Soulpriest x1

Holy Nova x1

Vol'Jin x1

Abomination x2

Cabal Shadow Priest x2

Try it out! It was really funny to think of recombobulating them and pulling off the swap was satisfying.

Guest Guest

I beat him with warrior.

Necessary cards for 1 hit kill combo:

2x whirlwind

2x revenge

1x frothing berserker

1x Charge (or Warsong Commander)

Necessary cards for extra armor:

2x Shield Block

2x Armor smith

The rest of the cards are up to you; make sure to kill everything on his side of the deck using weapon cards; but keep your side intact. When you have at least 5 specters, use frothing berserker + 3 aoe cards that deal 1 dmg to everybody. Frothing berserker should have more than 30 dmg and charge.

Basic Hunter vs. Heroic Instructor Razuvious

I have been enjoying Hearthstone for a while now without putting any money into the game. F2P is my goal. It makes these heroic bosses much more challenging. wink.png I managed to defeat Razuvious after my 3rd attempt using a cheap hunter deck. Since the hunter class had not been mentioned yet, I figured I'd post in case there are hunter fans out there with a limited card selection.

The following deck was not built specifically for this boss encounter. It's just my generic "daily use" hunter deck, and it worked fine.

Hunter class cards

2x Hunter's Mark

2x Arcane Shot

2x Tracking

2x Timber Wolf

2x Webspinner (Naxx reward)

2x Animal Companion

2x Kill Command

1x Multishot

2x Houndmaster

2x Tundra Rhino

Neutral cards

2x Haunted Creeper (Naxx reward)

2x River Crocolisk

2x Ironfur Grizzly

1x Jungle Panther (common from pack)

2x Sludge Belcher (Naxx reward)

1x Maexxna (Naxx reward)

1x Core Hound

I know the Panther is technically not "F2P", but it really made no difference. I didn't even get to use it in my victory. Just sub in another taunt or beast. Another card you could sub out is one of the Rhinos. I ended up with both in my hand at one point, but it worked out well. I made a favorable trade with the first and then played the second one.

There weren't any complex strategies or combos involved. Just play smart and make good trades. The one thing that is very important: Always have two taunt minions on the board at a time, whenever possible. His weapon can come out at any time, and if you don't have a taunt, one swing deals 20 damage to you. The reason you need two is because he will try to kill one off with his hero power. There is also a chance that Black Knight will show up to foil your defensive strategy. You don't want to be left defenseless at any point. Keep in mind that Raz also uses Brawl. It is for this reason that I will try to hold a taunt in my hand. Only play as needed to keep a constant pair of taunts.

One last note: It's risky to wait on using the mind control stone. It's generally safe to lay down a 1-cost minion like Webspinner on Turn 1, then use the mc stone and another 1-cost card on Turn 2. If you wait much longer than that, not only do you still have two walls in your way, but a Massive Runeblade may be played as early as Turn 3 and swing at you before you have a taunt in place. However, in the match that I won, Raz coined a Master Swordsmith on Turn 1. I decided to wait until Turn 3 to gain control of the two taunts. At that point, they each had 1 point of attack, allowing them to join the fray. smile.png

Edited by CaptLando

Guest Deadlock

Use powerful cards such as deathlord. You mean that card we don't get until we beat this boss?

Use powerful cards such as deathlord. You mean that card we don't get until we beat this boss?

These decks are mostly for heroic mode. You already have Deathlord when you play heroic. Normal bosses can be beaten by most of the constructed decks on this site and you don't really need deck for those.

Guest Shio

I've just found a quite interesting Mage deck for Instructor Razubious in heroic. Here's the list:

2x Ice Lance

2x Bloodsail Corsair

2x Frostbolt

2x Acidic Swamp Ooze

2x Doomsayer (may be exchanged for something else - but not recommended)

2x Mad Scientist

2x Snowchugger

2x Arcane Intellect

2x Ice Block (KEY CARD!)

2x Echo of Medivh (may be replaced for something else)

2x Fireball

2x Polymorph (may be exchanged for something else)

2x Animated Armor (LOE KEY CARD!)

2x Water Elemental

2x Antique Healbot

So generally, you freeze your opponent until you got an Ice Block and Animated Armor on the board, after that it's DRAW - HIT - PING - REPEAT, for unknown reasons the boss isn't attacking / hitting the Animated Armor at if you manage to play an Water Elemental it will lower the chances of you being killed.

The boss just SMOrc all the time... also keep your Fireballs for Necroknight.

Doomsayer - I've kept him in order to clear the board if the boss plays a Deathlord, the last thing I want is to attack his minions, however you can replace this for anything you like, but I would recommend to run this in order to clear the board in the early game.

Echo of Medivh - Copy your Acidic Swamp Ooze, Bloodsail Corsair or Animated Armor, especially useful if you got it into play via Deathlord. However, it's an utility, you can replace this for Youthful Brewmaster, Mind Control Tech, Duplicate, Alexstrasza or even Annoy-o-Tron.

Polymorph - actually you could replace this with a Youthful Brewmaster, Mind Control Tech or Alexstrasza. But at one point of the game, the boss did hit my Animated Armor bringing it to 1 life, so the Polymorph was used to remove one of his minions.

What to do if you're at 20 life or below? That's actually GOOD, you can take a hit to the face from his blade if you have Ice Block up and no minions on the board / no way to copy your minions. This might get you a turn or two if you have no options.

Also, I've used Antique Healbot while Animated Armor was up to bring me back to 18 life (more value). I've tried to use Counterspell, however without success. He didn't use his Brawl, because he had more minions in play. And you should survive a Cleave or Avenging Wrath without greater problems.

So generally, when you get into play the Animated Armor the fight is straight forward and you should win easily.

Guest Daryl

Id like to add that unstable sheep is a decent replacement for pyromancers if you are on a budget - works well vs they abominations and causes chain explosions.