Baron Rivendare Guide for the Curse of Naxxramas
Table of Contents
- 1. Health, Hero Power, Cards, Etc.
- 2. Video
- +3. Strategy and Deck Building
Baron Rivendare is the third and final boss of the Military Quarter, the third wing of the Curse of Naxxramas. Most of the information in this guide is aimed at Heroic mode, because the Normal mode of the boss can be defeated using basic decks (such as the ones we have here on Icy Veins).
Health, Hero Power, Cards, Etc.
|Hero Power||Unholy Shadow draws 2 cards and costs 5 mana. Rivendare rarely uses it.|
|Extra||Before you can damage Rivendare, you need to first kill Lady Blaumeux, Thane Korth'azz, and Sir Zeliek. These 1/7 minions are all initially on the board.||Lady Blaumeux, Thane Korth'azz, and Sir Zeliek are 2/7 minions.|
We put up a video on Youtube to show you how to defeat Rivendare.
Strategy and Deck Building
The 2 Runeblades he has in his deck are another important aspect of the fight. These 1/3 weapons gain +3 attack when the 3 Horsemen are dead. In Heroic mode, they become 2/3 weapons, with a +6 attack gain when the Horsemen are dead, and force you to finish off Rivendare as fast as you can, before he finishes you off.
When building a deck to beat Rivendare, you need to take into consideration the fact that his deck has no minions in it. This means that you can play powerful cards, such as Deathlord, without suffering from their Deathrattle effect.
Also, you should put heavy emphasis on spells and minions that will help you remove the Horsemen. Generally, spells and minions that would allow you to remove the Horsemen too early (Doomsayer and Equality, for example) do not work. All cards that allow you to remove a single minion work (Shadow Word: Pain, for example), as well as multi-minion removals that you can use later in the game (Brawl).
Finally, you need minions such as Acidic Swamp Ooze and Harrison Jones to deal with Runeblade.
To help you beat Rivendare, we created the four decks presented below. You can also get some inspiration from them to create decks for other classes.
Easy Heroic Druid Deck
|Druid Cards||Neutral Cards|
Easy Heroic Hunter Deck
|Hunter Cards||Neutral Cards|
Easy Heroic Priest Deck
|Priest Cards||Neutral Cards|
Easy Heroic Warlock Deck
|Warlock Cards||Neutral Cards|
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- US Federal Trade Commission Files Suit to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- US Federal Trade Commission "Likely to File Antitrust Lawsuit" to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Shaman Card Reveal Recap: November 20th
- Blizzard in China: All the Details, Rumors and New Information
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Warrior Card Reveal Recap: November 19th
- NetEase Message to Chinese Blizzard Game Players
- Runestones - an accounting error?
- Dalaran Heist Mage Guide
- Dalaran Heist Priest Guide
- Battlegrounds Patches the Pirate
- Battlegrounds Vanndar Stormpike