Void Gauntlet Gems and Consumables for New World
Welcome to our Gems page for Void Gauntlet. Here, we give you Gem setups and explain their uses. Then we go over consumables for both PvE and PvP.
PvP Example Gem Setup
You can play whatever resistances you are comfortable with. The primary component to this is having the proper type of Runeglass (Abyssal) in your gear.
The goal is to take advantage ofsince you are directly in the frontline and will commonly be hit by melee attacks. As such, it is most advantageous to set your resistances to prioritize slash resistance, higher physical resistance, and less elemental resistance. Keep in mind when using Runeglass gems that your overall resistance will be lower than if you were using regular gems.
If you chose to play in a build where you are taking advantage of the Ice Gauntlet, and potentially, it would be advantageous to use , , or whatever version of gems that you need for your optimal split. Just make sure you are using an ice damage Runeglass.
The primary dictator of your resistances and how to manage your total gem count is based on the jewelry that you are able to acquire. Remember, you can use any gems that allow you to get close to this split, or achieve the desired resistance split. Also, runeglass gems cannot be slotted into jewelry.
If you are unable to follow the example above, or if you have jewelry that prevents you from doing so, use a mix of, , , and , to get as close as you can to even resistances.
You may use gems such as, , , and , in your build if you feel that you are taking increased damage from thrust (Bow and Musket), slash (Great Axe and Greatsword), ice (Ice Gauntlet), or Fire (Fire Staff and Blunderbuss). But, this is generally not necessary in the healer role and there is more value in a default gem setup due to the variety of incoming damage sources.
Runeglass Gems as a Healer
As a healer, there is minimal use for Runeglass gems on a weapon, or in your gear. These are used to increase damage output or utility, such as leeching or stamina return. When putting them into an armor piece they lose defensiveness in exchange for offensiveness--for example, you can increase nature damage by 2% but instead of getting 2.5% elemental resistance on a, you nowreceive 2.0% elemental resistance. The defensive resistance holds more value in the healer role.
The same idea holds true for weapons. On a weapon you can lose 3% of your healing output on aand receive an 8% weapon damage per second DoT effect. In this case it is better to use the regular for maximum healing effectiveness.
If you chose to use your Void Gauntlet as a secondary when healing. This is the optimal gem setup for PvP. If you are planning to PvE just use allin your gear.
- * — You may freely place these gems anywhere in your gear, the total count of that gem type is what is important.
The goal is to hit an even split of physical and elemental resist. To hit a 10/10 split you can use:
- x4 & x4
- x4 & x4
PvE Example Gem Setup
In PvE it is advantageous to slot your gear full of specific elemental resistance gems that match the mutator for that week. For example, when there is a Fire damage affix, you should use.
- (Weapons) + Elemental Resistance Gem x8 + Amulet Protection Perk (Depending on Mutator damage type)
- — These are necessary to use in all situations. It will quickly provide you with 2400 + 7% of your health back, which can save you in any content.
- — These are a fundamental aspect to your consumable kit thanks to . Take advantage of these for a slight amount of healing, but the real focus is to get yourself out of roots, slows, or removing any other type of debuff.
- — Although your mana may get low, use and your mana restoration from Harvest Essence (blocking with a Void Gauntlet) to maintain enough mana. Never bind these to your hotbar.
- — This is an important food to stack onto other food buffs that will increase mana regeneration rate by 30% in addition to 1% max health every 2.5 seconds.
- — This food also provides a 1% max health ever 2.5 seconds, but is not as viable in the healing role. It does provide a 220 health per second buff that can be used for a small amount of healing over time for those without access to a healer. In all cases, an will be consumed before a PvP or PvE event instead.
- — Overall, this is a valuable PvP and PvE consumable that can be stacked on top of other food-related buffs. It will reduce the duration of damage of time effects by 17.5%, so it is important to consume at the start of an event.
- — 40 Constitution
- — 40 Constitution
- — 40 Intelligence
- — 40 Intelligence
- — 24 Constituion/16 Intelligence
- — 24 Intelligence/16 Constitution
- — 40 Focus
- — 40 Focus
- — 24 Constituion/16 Focus
- — 24 Focus/16 Constitution
- — 24 Intelligence/16 Focus
- — 24 Focus/16 Intelligence
The attribute bonus food you select will depend on how your attribute points are contributed to your character sheet. For example, you may not have a large amount of Constitution and a large amount of Intelligence and Focus on your gear, so you will need to use. Note that it will be generally more cost effective to use Constitution or hybrid stat foods than a pure single stat food.
As a healer, it is important to have mana regeneration food like, defensive foods like , and an attribute food like . You can have all of these buffs at once as long as your eat them in this order:
- Attribute Food
There are a number of consumables in New World that increase damage done or reduce damage taken. These are the general damage modification consumables that can be used in PvP or PvE.
- — This is a very valuable PvP consumable, but it still has viability in PvE. It will increase absorption of elemental damage by 35% for 20 seconds, or until hit 15 times. Primarily, this will be used when taking heavy magic damage, or it can be used proactively when trying to push through choke points in a war or when you assume magic damage will be incoming.
- — This is the physical damage version of . It will increase absorption of physical damage types by 35%. It has less viability as it only applies to physical weapon types. Since most attacks on healers will be some type of magic variant, and because most physical damage has a skewed elemental component to it, this consumable goes below any gemstone dust on a priority list.
- — To increase damage output in both PvP and PvE a honing stone acts as a valuable commodity to improve performance. In the healer role it is less of a priority, but it is still beneficial to increase damage output to secure kills and help your team. Overall, the highest tier of honing stone will increase damage by 7%. This will not increase your healing output on friendly targets.
PvP Consumables - War
In a War you will acquire tokens from gameplay that allow for you to purchase war specific consumables. In the healer role, there are some incredibly important consumables that will significantly increase your survivability when used correctly. There are also many forms of utility-based consumables to aid with mobility and other aspects of war gameplay.
- — When used it will remove all current debuffs and provide a 5 second window of immunity to debuffs. These are best used when overrun by multiple targets and being afflicted with slows, damage over time effects, exhausts, etc. You can then freely reposition and reduce incoming damage. Alternatively, they are incredibly useful when used preemptively to push through doors into fort or trying make your way through large clumps of enemies. It can be consumed, then you take advantage of the 5 second window to avoid crowd control effects and get into an advantageous position.
- — This will increase movement speed by 50% for 20 seconds, or until you are hit or perform any combat action. This is important to use when respawning in War combat, trying to make an initial push to a point on offense, or to reposition in any situation and regroup with your army. Be careful, if you are hit, take fall damage, roll, or weapon swap this effect can be canceled.
- — This is a free if you do not want to use your own, or forgot to bring them. It is tied to the same cooldown as any other health potion.
- — This is a free if you do not want to use your own, or forgot to bring them. It is tied to the same cooldown as any other mana potion.
Haste Potion Optimization
When using athese should never take up a hotbar slot. This becomes a wasted opportunity to take another consumable that could save your life. The difficulty becomes that haste potions may have a lot of mid combat value to reposition with your team. To most easily use these you will need to take advantage of the search feature in your inventory. Before the war starts, type "Haste Elixir" into the search bar. This will leave your inventory filtered for only haste elixirs, so it will be significantly easier to find mid war and use when needed.
In PvE content, general consumables such as food or damage modification items will still be used. But, specific to PvE, there are damage reduction and improvement items for each type of enemy in the game.
When using a coating, you will need two of the type you have chosen. One coating will go on each weapon, so be sure to swap weapons before applying, and this will improve damage done to that respective enemy type.
When consumed these will improve damage absorption against the potions respective enemy type or damage type.
Incense and Tinctures
- — When consumed, this will increase all resistances to afflictions by 50. This will increase your overall total for receiving corruption damage, blight damage, or acid debuffs to a cap of 100 instead of the normal 50.
- — When consumed, this will remove the Blight Afflication and provide maximum resistance to Corruption for a short duration.
- — When consumed, this will remove the Corruption Afflication and provide maximum resistance to Corruption for a short duration.
Consumable Management Examples
Since you only have four total consumable slots available to you, it is important to manage your hotbar across different types of content. In PvP there are crucial consumables that can completely alter the course of your gameplay. In PvE there is a long list of consumables that prove to be valuable as well. No matter what, you do not have the time to dig in your inventory and pull out the consumables quickly. So, it becomes a major priority in your gameplay to know what consumables you should be using.
Example Hotbar - War
In war you gain access to, so it is crucial to have these incorporated to your toolbar loadout. In all roles, it is best to prioritize over because you are more likely to benefit more due to the types of damage incoming and the way that your resistances are set. An example War hotbar would look like so:
Example Hotbar - OPR/Arena
- (Any tier to save money)
- (Any tier to save money)
If you are not running, you may find it useful to substitue in a instead of a Gemstone Dust or an Oakflesh Balm.
In PvE contentand become less powerful since you are able to benefit from Ward Potions and Absorption potions, such as or . This makes PvE hotbars very flexible, in general it could look something like this:
- Ward Potion/Absorption Potion
- 22 Oct. 2023: Guide updated for expansion.
- 29 Mar. 2023: Updated PvE Gems.
- 19 Jan. 2023: Guide added.
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Icy Veins Podcast About Path of Exile
- ARPG Vault Discord Giveaway
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- New World Update 1.5.6
- TwitchCon Amsterdam New World PvP Arena Open & Twitch Drop
- New World July Team Update Video