TBC Classic Affliction Warlock Enchants and Consumables
On this page, we list the best enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Affliction Warlock in TBC Classic for PvE content.
Choosing a Stat
The Burning Crusade requires fewer consumables and enchants than Classic, but each of them is extremely important to maximizing your damage out put in any situation, but especially in Raids and dungeons. Below will be a list of the optimal consumables and enchants to help you get the most out of your Warlock.
The advice given here relates directly to the stat priority listed in this guide.
Best Enchants for Affliction Warlock
|Head||Glyph of Power|
|Shoulders||Power of the Scourge, Greater Inscription of Discipline, Greater Inscription of the Orb, depending on whether you have PotS left over from Naxxramas, as well as your choice of Aldor or Scryers.|
|Back||Enchant Cloak - Subtlety|
|Chest||Enchant Chest - Exceptional Stats|
|Bracers||Enchant Bracer - Spellpower|
|Gloves||Enchant Gloves - Major Spellpower or Enchant Gloves - Spell Strike, depending on if you need additional hit.|
|Legs||Runic Spellthread or Mystic Spellthread, depending on Gold.|
|Weapon||Enchant Weapon - Soulfrost (or the easier-to-obtain Enchant Weapon - Major Spellpower)|
Best Gems for Affliction Warlock
With Phase 3 comes new gems for everyone. The new gems are of Epic rarity and while they will likely be expensive, they will be well-worth as they are direct upgrades to your current gems. For example, instead of the red gems giving you 9 Spell Power, the Epic versions give 12 Spell Power. The gems listed below are the only ones you need to worry about as a Warlock. If you do not see a gem here, then you do not need worry about it. As for the socket bonuses, only worry about them if they give 5+ Spell Power.
Note that on the PTR all Haste gems were in the game. It is assumed they will not be as they are not supposed to be until well down the road. However, if they are in, this list will be updated immediately.
- For the Meta gem, you should use Chaotic Skyfire Diamond.
- In red sockets, you will use Runed Crimson Spinel.
- In yellow sockets, you will use Potent Pyrestone or Veiled Pyrestone depending on whether you need extra Hit, however you should not be hurting for Hit anymore.
- In blue sockets, you will use two Glowing Shadowsong Amethyst to complete your Meta Gem .
Best Consumables for Affliction Warlock
There are countless amounts of consumables in TBC. This page will showcase each consumable in TBC that you can expect to use as a Warlock. The descriptions will elaborate on the cases in which each can be used. If you do not see a certain consumable on here, then you can expect to never use it.
- Flask of Pure Death grants you 80 Spell Power for 2 hours. This is your main flask and you should be using it all the time.
- Flask of Supreme Power grants you 70 Spell Power for 2 hours. This is a cheaper alternative to the previous flask. Typically used for raids on super farm or if you cannot afford a Flask of Pure Death.
- Brilliant Wizard Oil grants you 36 Spell Power and 14 Crit Rating. This is the Oil you will use to coat your weapon.
- Superior Wizard Oil grants you 42 Spell Power. This is a cheaper alternative for Oils. Typically only used early game or as Affliction.
- Destruction Potion grants you 2% Spell Crit and 120 Spell Power for 15 Seconds. Use this on cooldown with your other cooldowns, so long as you do not need Mana.
- Dark Rune restores Mana at the cost of your health. This is nice to have in Raid so you don not have to Life Tap. These are Bind on Equip, not on the global cooldown, and also share cooldown with your Healthstones and Flame Caps.
- Demonic Rune is the exact same thing as Dark Runes, except these are Bind on Pickup.
- Poached Bluefish grants you 23 Spell Power and 20 Spirit. This is your Food buff.
- Blackened Basilisk provides the same stats as previous food, 23 Spell Power and 20 Spirit. This is another option of food buff.
- Crunchy Serpent provides the same stats as previous foods, 23 Spell Power and 20 Spirit. This is another option of food buff.
- Super Mana Potion is your Mana potion. Use this frequently on longer fights to save you from Life Tapping. This should be always used during mass AoE.
- Super Healing Potion is your healing potion. Use this when your Healthstone is on cooldown and you are about to die.
- Free Action Potion make you immune to all Stun and Movement Impairing effects for 30 seconds. This is not used too often, but used during the Kael'thas encounter and is also good for trash packs.
- Invisibility Potion makes you invisible for 18 seconds. These are rarely used, but can be used to skip certain parts of raids and dungeons.
- 14 Jan. 2022: Page updated for Phase 3.
- 01 Jun. 2021: Guide added.
- Wrath Classic Phase 2 Launching on January 17th
- Naxxramas Achievement Rewards to Remain Available Throughout Wrath Classic
- Patch 3.4.1 PTR Development Notes: January 6th
- Summon Gargoyle Changes on the Wrath Classic PTR
- Ahead of the Curve and Cutting Edge Achievements Coming to Wrath Classic
- No Changes Planned for Ulduar Tier Sets Beyond 6 Item Level Bump
- Wrath Classic Season 1 Ends January 9th
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update