TBC Classic Elemental Shaman Enchants and Consumables
On this page, we list the best enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Elemental Shaman in TBC Classic for PvE content.
Best Enchants for Elemental Shamans
|Head||Glyph of Power|
|Back||Enchant Cloak - Spell Penetration or Enchant Cloak - Subtlety|
|Chest||Enchant Chest - Exceptional Stats|
|Wrists||Enchant Bracer - Spellpower|
|Hands||Enchant Gloves - Major Spellpower|
|Legs||Runic Spellthread or Mystic Spellthread (cheaper)|
|Feet||Enchant Boots - Boar's Speed|
|Weapon||Enchant Weapon - Major Spellpower|
|Shield||Enchant Shield - Intellect|
|Rings||Enchant Ring - Spellpower|
Best Gems for Elemental Shamans
Because of the different stat values, as discussed in our stats page, the value of each gem varies, depending on the stats they provide.
The red gems are usually the most valuable, granting a lot of Spell Damage. Blue gems have Mp5 and Yellow gems have Spell Crit or Spell Haste. Typically the value of just stacking red gems is such that you will want to ignore socket bonuses, unless you can get them with one split gem and they offer a strong stat such as bonus spell damage.
TBC Elemental Shaman Meta Gem
Chaotic Skyfire Diamond is the best overall meta gem for Elemental Shamans, increasing your damage substantially and making your frequent Spell Critical Strikes deal even more damage!
TBC Elemental Shaman Red Gem Sockets
The Runed Crimson Spinel is the main gem that you should be putting into your gear, regardless of socket color in most cases.
TBC Elemental Shaman Blue Gem Sockets
TBC Elemental Shaman Yellow Gem Sockets
Reckless Pyrestone is the best yellow gem. Use them on yellow sockets with good bonuses.
TBC Classic Elemental Shaman Complete Consumable List
Because of their expensive spells, Elemental Shamans can be quite Mana hungry. You can prolong your Mana bar by a lot by using consumables, which is recommended when min-maxing or progressing new bosses, as the alternative of downranking your spells leads to a large DPS loss.
TBC Classic Elemental Shaman Flasks
Flask of Blinding Light is the recommended flask for Elemental, and is about on par with using double elixirs, while potentially being much cheaper for progress on hard bosses because it does not get removed on death.
TBC Classic Elemental Shaman Elixirs
TBC Classic Elemental Shaman Food Buff
TBC Classic Elemental Shaman Weapon Oil
TBC Classic Elemental Shaman Potions
Destruction Potion is the best DPS potion, although you should use Super Mana Potion instead, if you have Mana issues. If you use the potions quickly enough, you might be able to use several in a single fight, as they share a 2-minute cooldown.
Other TBC Classic Elemental Shaman Consumables
- Drums of Battle give Spell Haste to yourself and your group, as long as they are nearby. Make sure to use this on cooldown if you are a Leatherworker!
- Stratholme Holy Water are great for killing packs of undead mobs, such as the skeletons on Nightbane.
- Dark Rune and Demonic Rune are farmed in WoW Classic content and serve as extra Mana potions.
- Ankhs are needed to self-res, make sure you always have some!
- Engineering explosives such as Super Sapper Charge can be helpful to clear trash packs quickly, but unfortunately can only be used by Engineers.
- Heavy Netherweave Bandage are great for keeping your Mana regeneration going while doing some Mana-free healing.
- Nightmare Seeds serve as a 30-second health increase, which can be useful to stay alive in high damage situations.
- Protection potions such as Major Shadow Protection Potion are crucial to survive the high magical damage of certain encounters, and can also be great in PvP if you have the right potion for the enemy you are facing.
- Free Action Potions make you immune to stun and movement impairing effects for 30 seconds, but do not remove effects already on you. These are amazing in PvP and can also be used to preempt dangerous stuns in PvE.
- Living Action Potion makes you immune to stun and movement impairing effects for 5 seconds, while also removing any such effects already present on you. This can be of great use in PvP and against dangerous PvE stuns.
- Invisibility Potion and Lesser Invisibility Potion make you invisible for a while, making them great for skipping any especially hard parts of a Heroic dungeon.
- Swiftness Potion increases your movement speed by 50% for 15 seconds. These can occasionally be useful in both PvP and PvE situations.
- 02 May 2022: Updated for Phase 5.
- 14 Jan. 2022: Updated for Phase 3.
- 14 Jun. 2021: Clarified that CSD is the only meta to use.
- 30 May 2021: Guide added.
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Blizzard Explain Why Classic Hardcore Servers Are Down Longer
- WoW Classic Patch 1.15.0 Notes
- Classic Era and Hardcore Patch 1.15.0 Known Issues List
- Mike Ybbara on Blizzard's Approach to Meeting Player Demands
- Classic Era Patch 1.15.0 PTR Notes
- Classic Account Suspensions for October 2023
- Icy Veins WoW Classic Interview: Discoveries and Runes, LFR, ICC Nerfs and Much More