Holy Paladin Healing Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Holy Paladin in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5. We also give budget alternatives.
1. Best Gems for Holy Paladins
You should use Deadly Amberblaze (or the cheaper Deadly Solstone) in all sockets if using a standard Avenging Crusader build. If using a Glimmer of Light build, you should use Quick Owlseye (or the cheaper Quick Golden Beryl) in all sockets.
At lower gear levels (below 400 item level), a Kraken's Eye of Intellect is often superior to either of the secondary stat gems.
2. Best Enchants for Holy Paladins
The enchants you choose will depend on your build of choice. Avenging Crusader builds will favor Critical Strike on both rings and weapons (Deadly Navigation), while a Glimmer of Light setup will prefer Haste (Quick Navigation) instead. Enchant Weapon - Coastal Surge is listed because it is a viable option in cases where overhealing is low.
3. Consumables for Holy Paladins
3.1. Best Flasks and Potions for Holy
Flask of Endless Fathoms should be used for raids along with Battle Potion of Intellect and Potion of Replenishment (or Coastal Mana Potion if you cannot drink safely) as your potions of choice. If you wish to DPS at the start of the fight, you can pre-pot with Potion of Bursting Blood instead.
Coastal Healing Potion can be used in addition to Healthstones as an emergency heal.
3.2. Best Food for Holy
For the Avenging Crusader build, you should eat from the Bountiful Captain's Feast (or the cheaper Galley Banquet) when possible, and otherwise use Critical Strike food ( Honey-Glazed Haunches or the cheaper Kul Tiramisu).
3.3. Augment Runes for Holy
If you can afford it, you should use Battle-Scarred Augment Runes to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of these runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
- 06 Mar. 2019: Updated to include Glimmer build.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Updated for Patch 8.1.
- 03 Sep. 2018: Added Coastal Surge as a viable weapon enchant.
- 25 Aug. 2018: Added an Epic Intellect gem to the gem recommendations.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Hide All Slots Except Pants Option Coming in Patch 8.2
- Loot Trading in Classic WoW
- Draught of Ten Lands Exploit Ban Wave: March 22nd
- Patch 8.1.5 Hotfixes: March 21st
- Live Developer Q&A Roundup: March 21st
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #38
- Tiger's Peak Arena Temporarily Disabled
- Crucible of Storms Item Tuning
- Prismatic Socket
- Brawler's Guild - Sanoriak
- Druid Leveling Guide
- Beast Mastery Hunter 8.1
- Arms Warrior PvP 8.1
- Contact player-different server
- looking for a late night raiding guild
- So long and thanks for all the fish.....