Mistweaver Monk Best Legendaries in Shadowlands — Shadowlands 9.0.5
Legendary Powers are targetable, unique effects that you can imbue certain base items with through the Runecarving system. In Shadowlands, these enable you to customize your Mistweaver Monk, drastically improving your performance, and are arguably the most important aspect of your gear.
The purpose of this page is to help you pick the right legendary powers (and item slots for them) for your character, depending on the content you are interested in.
Legendaries have made a return in Shadowlands. They are obtained by crafting them at the Runecarver inside of Torghast. Each of these Legendary items will augment your abilities in a powerful way. Below we will be going over the strengths and weaknesses of Mistweaver legendaries, as well as ranking their usefulness.
Best Legendaries for Mistweaver Monk
Each Legendary can be crafted in one of two slots. Slots that have been bolded are preferable to craft, as these slots will have a greater stat budget.
|Raiding and Mythic+||Tear of Morning||Head or Waist||Sludgefist, Castle Nathria|
|Torghast||Ancient Teachings of the Monastery||Hands or Wrist||Devos, Spires of Ascension|
Before we go any further, we recommend crafting Tear of Morning first. As a legendary, it fits neatly into almost every role, while being the best choice for raiding, and a very strong choice for healing-focused Mythic+.
Ancient Teachings of the Monastery is also a good choice for Mythic+, as it allows you to DPS even during light-to-moderate damage. It is also good in Torghast for the same reason.
Best Overall Legendary for Mistweaver Monk
As mentioned above, Tear of Morning is the strongest overall pick, and should be crafted first if you want the most bang for your buck. However, this does not mean it is a mistake to craft other legendaries if you prefer them or you think they might be better for the type of content you like to do.
Every Mistweaver-specific legendary is competitive within its own niche. So if one power looks more appealing to you, do not feel like you are required to pick Tear of Morning.
Best Raiding Legendaries for Mistweaver Monk
For Mistweavers, Raiding generally focuses on raid healing or extreme single target focus on a tank. Normally, the former is more of an issue that the latter, so these rankings will be made with that in mind.
- Tear of Morning not only gives a chance for your Renewing Mist to duplicate, but it also increases your Vivify healing as well as allowing your Enveloping Mist to transfer some of its healing into your Renewing Mist targets. This is a very powerful effect, especially when you consider how much more often we will be casting Enveloping Mist thanks to our new ability, Enveloping Breath.
- Ancient Teachings of the Monastery will passively increase your damage by allowing you to DPS during periods of low healing. During this time, you will also be regenerating Mana, so it adds a bit of extra throughput in that regard. However, on fights with extreme healing checks that do not allow for much DPS in the down time, it will probably be better to make a different choice.
- Invoker's Delight funnels more of your power into your Celestial windows. If you are playing with a coordinated group, that can organize around using your celestials optimally, then this can provide truly unreal levels of healing. This legendary is a great pick if you can get your raid to work around you.
- Yu'lon's Whisper will passively heal people in front of you when you press Thunder Focus Tea. If you can reliably hit 6 targets every 30 seconds, then this legendary does a reasonable amount of healing.
- Clouded Focus is an okay pick if you know a single person is going to need heavy single target attention. However, this comes at the cost of only being able to get a few casts off once you reach max stacks, as well as keeping you relatively locked in one place.
Best Mythic+ Legendaries for Mistweaver Monk
These Mythic+ rankings will look almost identical to the Raiding recommendations, simply because all the strengths of each of the legendaries transfer very well into smaller group content.
- Tear of Morning is just a safe pick in general. It turns a large portion of your single target healing into group healing which can be very desirable in Mythic+. If not to meet a damage threat, then to keep your group healthy so you are able to spend less time healing and more time DPSing.
- Invoker's Delight effectively grants you a personal Bloodlust/ Heroism on a 3 minute cooldown. Perfect for a large pull, or if things get dicey.
- Ancient Teachings of the Monastery is likely just as good of a pick as Tear of Morning for Mythic+, basically for all the reasons listed above. After triggering it with Essence Font, you can push damage while this legendary heals your group.
- Yu'lon's Whisper loses quiet a bit of value in Mythic+, simply because it is much more difficult to get good value out of it. Often times you will end up holding your cooldown of Thunder Focus Tea because not enough people will be damaged enough for Yu'lon's Whisper. It is okay if you have a group that can stay stacked up, but otherwise it is largely outclassed by Tears of Morning.
- Clouded Focus becomes very weak for the majority of a Mythic+. By nature, dungeons require a great deal of movement and DPS, and this legendary prevents you from doing either in order to make use of it. There is a niche in which the tank might be able to make a very large pull and have you plant and heal ,but for general use, this is a somewhat weak Mythic+ choice.
Best Torghast Legendaries for Mistweaver Monk
The following recommendations are for solo or duo groups in Torghast. If you would like to run in a larger group, refer to our Mythic+ rankings.
- Ancient Teachings of the Monastery is the best legendary for solo content. It allows you to DPS for longer before needing to heal yourself.
- Invoker's Delight is a general Monk power that grants a very large Haste bonus for 20 seconds after we summon our Celestials. On its own, this turns your Celestials into Bloodlust/ Heroism effectively, and it also synergizes with Anima powers that augment your Celestial.
- Tear of Morning does not expressly help during solo content, but it does make all your single target healing stronger, so you will have to heal yourself less.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for 9.0.5.
- 30 Jan. 2021: Added Invoker's Delight to the Raiding and Mythic+ sections.
- 22 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Updates: Arena Matchmaking, Title and Gear Changes
- Burning Crusade Classic Release Date? Brief Ad Popup On Battle Net Indicates June 1st
- Children's Week Is Here, May 3rd to May 10th
- Fun Fact: Turtle Polymorph Unique Sleep Interaction
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 8: Shadow and Arcane Move Up at the Top
- Ve'nari Reputation Paragon Rewards in Patch 9.1
- World of Warcraft's 17th Anniversary Event Rewards
- A Summary of All Patch 9.1 Build 38511 Class Changes