TBC Classic Elemental Shaman Phase 3 / 4 Gear and Best in Slot
On this page, you will find the best PvE gear and best in slot items for your Elemental Shaman from TBC Classic Phases 3 and 4.
Elemental Shaman Phase 3/4 Best in Slot List
While a clear best in slot list is always available in TBC Classic, the items contained might be extremely hard or expensive to get. Thus, we will try to give at least one alternative for most slots in the list, so that you can pick where and how to farm them.
The list will focus on gathering the best stats for Elemental Shaman, as described in our guide below. During Black Temple, you may also have need of additional gear devoted to maximizing your Shadow Resistance stat. Should this be the case, we recommend consulting our guide dedicated to acquiring pieces with this stat as necessary.
Other Elemental Shaman Best in Slot Lists
If you are starting out as a freshly-leveled Elemental Shaman, our pre-raid best in slot list is meant to give you an idea of non-raid items you can chase as a solo / pug player in preparation for raids.
To check out our recommended Pre-Raid best in slot gear, head over to its list below. If your character is still progressing through the content of older tiers, then you may wish to consult their best in slot lists instead, but keep in mind these older lists do not include Zul'Aman and new badge gear, both of which are often equivalent or even more powerful than Tier 5 gear!
TBC Tier 6 Elemental Shaman Tier Set
Elemental Shaman Tier 6, the Skyshatter Regalia, is obtained from the following bosses:
- Helm — Archimonde in Hyjal Summit
- Chest — Illidan Stormrage in Black Temple
- Legs — The Illidari Council in Black Temple
- Shoulders — Mother Shahraz in Black Temple
- Gloves — Azgalor in Hyjal Summit
Its set bonuses are:
- 2 pieces — grants you 15 mana per 5 sec, 35 spell critical strike rating and 45 spell damage whenever you have a totem of each type (air, water, earth and fire) active. This is a powerful effect that you should aim to have active whenever possible.
- 4 pieces — increases the damage of Lightning Bolt by 5%. This is a multiplicative bonus to Lightning Bolt and a large damage increase.
Once you have your Tier 6 set, it is not longer worth it to use Elemental Shaman Tier 4 for the 2-piece set bonus, but use it until you have at least 2 set available.
Phase 3/4 Best in Slot Table
Leatherworking is still a good profession, especially if you are your group's dedicated drummer, but otherwise Engineering is great for area-of-effect damage from its explosives, Enchanting gives you extra Spell Damage enchants on rings, and Jewelcrafting enables slightly better gems than default ones.
The Lightning Capacitor deserves a special mention, as it is a very powerful trinket for Elemental Shamans specifically. The trinket procs from spell critical strikes, which include Lightning Overload crits and all of Chain Lightning jumps.
Keep in mind that the trinket's lightning bolt proc will reset its stacks and incur a 2.5-second cooldown on further charge gains. For example, if Elemental Mastery plus Chain Lightning hits three targets, a trinket lightning bolt will proc immediately, but it will also remove all charges from the trinket even if you were already at 2 charges before using it.
Also, while The Skull of Gul'dan is the best in slot trinket for Elemental Shamans, it is highly contested by other casters and its Spell Hit can be easily wasted due to our small 4% Spell Hit requirement after talents and Totem of Wrath.
Other Useful TBC Phase 4 Gear for Elemental Shamans
While the list above contains the absolute best gear setup, you are unlikely to quickly gather all of it. We provide more options below, some which are very close to the best and some which are just much easier to get!
Since weapons are such a broad topic, we have written a full guide about Shaman weapons below.
If you have further questions about gemming and enchanting these items, our Elemental Shaman Enchants and Gems page below provides more information.
- 05 May 2022: Guide moved.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Honor Decay Removed In Season of Discovery and Classic Era
- Season of Discovery Launch Times
- Season of Discovery Will Launch With Fewer Realms
- Icecrown Citadel Player Buff Coming Early December
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Blizzard Explain Why Classic Hardcore Servers Are Down Longer