TBC Classic Shadow Priest Rotation, Cooldowns, and Abilities
On this page, you will learn how to optimize the rotation of your Shadow Priest in both single-target and multiple-target PvE situations in TBC Classic. We also have advanced sections about cooldowns, procs, etc. in order to minmax your DPS.
If you have not already, please read the spells summary page. Knowing how each of your spells and abilities works in detail will greatly increase your understanding of your different priorities and rotations.
You will want to keep these buffs up for the full duration of the fight.
- Improved Power Word: Fortitude
- Shadow Protection — Keep this up if your group will be taking Shadow damage.
- Shadowform — This is a huge damage increase, but only allows you to cast Shadow spells while active.
- Vampiric Embrace — Put this up on targets that will live for at least 1 minute, such as bosses.
- Vampiric Touch — Make sure to keep this up full time as it enables you to return Mana to your party.
- Shadow Word: Pain — This is your highest damage spell per cast time; never let this fall off.
- Mind Blast — Keep this ability on cooldown as it deals very high damage.
- Shadow Word: Death — This spell is instant-cast, high damage. Be aware of your health and any possible incoming raid-wide damage as the backlash damage you take can easily kill you if you are not full health.
- Mind Flay — This is your filler spell. It has a shorter range than the rest of your abilities. Make sure to not put yourself in a dangerous position while using this. If either your Mind Blast or Shadow Word: Death come off cooldown while you are channeling Mind Flay, cancel it to cast Shadow Word: Death.
In TBC Classic, Shadow Priests have no AoE spells. Pulls with multiple mobs are where Shadow Priests struggle the most. For the most part, you will follow the single-target rotation, making sure to keep up your DoTs on as many mobs as possible.
- 30 May 2021: Guide added.
- Blizzard Working on an Unannounced Open-World RPG Shooter
- Season of Mastery Beta Update: October 13th
- The Return of Large Groups in Battlegrounds
- WoW Classic Season of Mastery Design Intentions and Details
- Global Battle.net Maintenance: October 6th
- WoW Classic Season of Mastery Beta Notes: October 5th
- Burning Crusade and WoW Classic Hotfixes: October 4th
- Brewfest Extended an Extra Day in Burning Crusade Classic
- Melee Hunter Guide - Hunter Melee Physical DPS
- Shaman Tank Guide - Shaman Tanking in WoW
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?
- Hunter Macros for TBC Cassic?
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- When will we see a pre-patch tbc page?
- Icecold (A) - Ashbringer EU
- Inner Circle Recruiting For TBC