Morogrim Tidewalker Guide: Strategy, Abilities, Loot
Morogrim Tidewalker is the fifth boss you will encounter in the Serpentshrine Cavern 25-player raid instance. Morogrim takes full advantage of the room you will encounter him in, spawning deadly Murlocs from either of its entrances, entrapping players in the waterfalls throughout the room, or summoning dangerous bubbles that fixate on various members of the raid.
Morogrim Tidewalker is the fifth boss in the Serpentshrine Cavern raid instance. Morogrim is a fight that can get extremely hectic very quickly due to the nature of his mechanics. The slow and steady approach is key to make sure you are handling every mechanic properly and preventing your raid from being overwhelmed.
Role-specific Tips for Morogrim Tidewalker
Make sure to have two healers assigned to healing the members of the raid targeted with Watery Grave; it deals a significant amount of damage and if these players are neglected they will die very quickly.
Make sure to wait until the Murloc adds spawned by Earthquake are picked up before healing the raid back to health. It may be scary to see your entire raid low on health from the damage Earthquake will deal, but it is important to make sure that all the Murlocs are being tanked or you will likely pull healing threat and die.
Consider using any means of self-healing after Earthquake to help your healers deal with the significant amount of damage dealt by the ability and to help lessen the likelihood that they pull aggro on the Murlocs.
The tank holding Morogrim must keep the boss faced away from the raid at all times to avoid killing anyone with Tidal Wave.
In the third phase you must keep Morogrim away from the Water Globule to reduce the chances of someone hitting them and causing them to explode on the raid.
There must be two tanks designated to tank the Murlocs that spawn from the Earthquake ability. The Murlocs will spawn at both entrances to Morogrim's room shortly after Earthquake subsides. Using three tanks can greatly simplify this boss and lessen the burden on each of them.
Morogrim Tidewalker Abilities
- Earthquake — Deals damage to everyone within 50 yards of Morogrim and will summon two packs of six Murlocs. The packs of Murlocs will spawn from both of the entrances to the room Morogrim is located in.
- Watery Grave — Teleports 4 random players to the waterfall in the center of the room, stunning them and dropping them from the top of the waterfall causing them to take fall damage.
- Tidal Wave — Deals Frost damage to everyone in a cone in front of Tidewalker and applies a debuff reducing attack speed for 15 seconds.
- Summon Water Globule — At each of the waterfalls in the room a Water Globule will spawn and fixate on a random player. If it reaches them it will explode dealing massive damage to the player and anyone close to the impact point.
Strategy for Morogrim Tidewalker
Pulling the Boss
Morogrim is another boss like Fathom-Lord Karathress where having a third tank can greatly simplify the boss. You should assign both entrances of the room to a tank to deal with the Murlocs that spawn as a result of Earthquake. It is also helpful to include a Mage in each of these groups to help slow with Blizzard and other similar effects until threat is established and the Murlocs can be cleaved down.
On the pull Morogrim should be faced toward one of the pillars of the room; keeping him faced toward a wall greatly reduces the chance anyone accidentally ends up in front of the boss and gets hit by Tidal Wave. It is important to keep healers in range of the waterfall in the center of the room to heal those who are targeted with Watery Grave.
After some time Morogrim will cast Earthquake which will demand everyone's attention. This will deal significant damage to every member of the raid but it is important healers do not heal immediately after on anyone but the tanks who will be picking up the Murlocs. Once threat is established on the Murlocs healers can top the raid up. It is important to note that tanks are eligible targets for Watery Grave and the Murloc tank can be targeted, so killing the Murlocs as quickly as possible is the best way to minimize the likelihood of this happening while Murlocs are still alive.
At 25% health, Morogrim will gain a new ability Summon Water Globule which will summon Water Globules at the waterfalls that surround the room. These Globules will fixate on a target and slowly move toward them. It is important for tanks to be aware of the location of Globules and do not hesitate to move the boss to give the raid distance from them. It is largely a DPS race at this point and saving major cooldowns for this can greatly help.
Morogrim Tidewalker Loot
|Luminescent Rod of the Naaru||Weapon||Wand|
|Talon of Azshara||Weapon||One-Handed Sword|
|Pendant of the Lost Ages||Accessory||Necklace|
|Band of the Vigilant||Accessory||Ring|
|Ring of Sundered Souls||Accessory||Ring|
|Pauldrons of the Argent Sentinel||Plate||Shoulders|
|Warboots of Obliteration||Plate||Boots|
|Mantle of the Tireless Tracker||Shoulders|
|Girdle of the Tidal Call||Belt|
|Gnarled Chestpiece of the Ancients||Leather||Chest|
- 31 Aug. 2021: Guide added.
- The Burning Crusade Classic Character Clone Service Retiring Soon
- World First Classic Sunwell Plateau Kill Claimed by Old School
- The Sunwell Plateau Is Now Live on Burning Crusade Classic
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Guides Now Live
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: May 5th
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Arrives May 10th
- Arclight Rumble Will Not Have Loot Boxes or NFTs
- Warcraft Arclight Rumble Minimum Specs, Possible 2022 Release, and No PC Port
- Healing Druids (Moonglow/NG) - Crit Chance
- Jolteon 1 - Pendulum of DOOM PvP - Level 39 BiS Enhancement Shaman TBC
- Jailer is in ICC!
- Icy Veins Talent Sequence Addon
- Shaman Tank comprehensive guide - Learn how to master World of Warcraft Classic Season of Mastery as a proficient Shaman Tank
- Melee Hunter Guide - Playing World of Warcraft as a Melee Hunter
- A-Whitemane-OHANA 8/10
- Shaman Tank Guide - Playing WoW as a Shaman Tank