Leotheras the Blind Guide: Strategy, Abilities, Loot
Leotheras the Blind is the third boss in the Serpentshrine Cavern raid instance. Leotheras is unique in that he has two different 'forms' he will take on during the encounter with completely different abilities. Having a Warlock with a high amount of Fire Resistance is recommended to handle Leotheras' Demon Form.
Role-Specific Tips for Leotheras the Blind
Having the Whirlwind debuff emphasized on your raid frames is important, as the people affected by this damage-over-time effect will be taking heavy damage over its duration and ensuring you know who has this debuff will help mitigate any deaths.
Leotheras' threat resets after he is finished casting Whirlwind so try to time your heals in a way that allows your tank to regain aggro.
Pre-assign healers in the raid to be ready to heal the Warlock tank during the Demon Form phase.
Make sure not to get hit by Leotheras during his Whirlwind ability. Threat is wiped at the end of the channel of Whirlwind so make sure to stop damage near the end of the ability to ensure your tank is able to regain aggro.
The mob spawned by Insidious Whisper can be difficult to kill as a tank and it is important to try to pool resources in order to ensure you kill it in time.
When Whirlwind ends threat is completely wiped so it is important to keep have high-threat-generating abilities ready for this.
When Leotheras switches forms threat will be completely reset; Leotheras changes forms after about 45 seconds.
Leotheras the Blind Abilities
- Insidious Whisper — During Leotheras' Demon Phase he will cast Insidious Whisper on five random players, spawning a copy of the player which will need to be killed as quickly as possible. If you do not kill the copy in time the player will become permanently mind controlled and the raid will have to kill the mind controlled player.
- Chaos Blast — Leotheras will deal a large amount of Fire damage to his highest-threat target. Chaos Blast is only cast in Demon Form.
- Whirlwind — in Leotheras' Human Form he will cast Whirlwind causing him to spin toward random players in the raid. People should try to stay away from the boss during this ability as it deals a considerable amount of damage to anyone it hits and leaves a damage-over-time effect. Threat is completely wiped after Leotheras exits his Whirlwind cast.
Strategy for Leotheras the Blind
Pulling the Boss
The Leotheras encounter is in a room filled with trash mobs. It is important to make sure the room is completely clear before pulling the boss as Leotheras' movement with Whirlwind can be extremely unpredictable and accidentally pulling trash mid-fight can be catastrophic. A Warlock is a strong tank for Leotheras' Demon Phase thanks to their ability to become tanky against magic damage from their talents and their ability to quickly and consistently generate threat with Searing Pain.
Leotheras will begin the fight in his Human Form. The only ability that he casts during his Human Form is Whirlwind. Members of the raid should be spread before the cast of Whirlwind and spread even more during its cast to minimize the amount of damage taken. Ranged DPS can take full advantage of this as threat resets at the end of the cast so any threat generated during the Whirlwind will be wiped. Hunters should be ready to cast Misdirection as soon as Whirlwind ends to help tanks regain threat.
After about 45 seconds Leotheras will enter his Demon Form. Each time he changes form, threat is completely wiped. It is highly recommended to have a Warlock tanking Leotheras during his Demon Phase as much of his damage can be mitigated by their talents. Threat can take a few moments for a Warlock to generate so make sure to be patient. During the Demon Phase five players will be targeted by Insidious Whisper. These players must switch to the copies that the ability spawns and defeat them as quickly as possible. Only the people targeted can see their own copy so it is important that non-damage-dealers pool resources or cooldowns to be able to kill the Inner Demon in time. If these spawns are not killed in time the player they are attached to will become mind controlled and must be killed by the raid.
Once Leotheras hits 15% health he will split into two; Leotheras will maintain his Human Form at 15% HP and spawn a new Demon version of himself at full health. The entire raid should continue to focus down the Human version of Leotheras while the Warlock tank generates threat on the Demon spawn. This phase can be quite hectic as all the abilities are now active, so saving cooldowns for the sub-15% burn is recommended.
Leotheras the Blind Loot
|Gloves of the Vanquished Defender
|Gloves of the Vanquished Champion
|Gloves of the Vanquished Hero
|Fang of the Leviathan
|Main Hand Sword
|Girdle of the Invulnerable
|True-Aim Stalker Bands
- 31 Aug. 2021: Guide added.
- Season of Discovery XP Buff Is Live Now!
- WoW Classic Era Maintenance Notes: February 6th
- Blizzard Teases Cozy Sleeping Bag for SoD Phase 2
- Timeline of Blizzard Presidents
- New World Buff Coming in Season of Discovery Phase 2
- A List of All Runes Coming in Season of Discovery Phase 2
- Blizzard Bans GDKP Runs in Season of Discovery Starting February 8
- NO GDKP Runs in Season of Discovery Phase 2