Nalorakk Guide: Strategy, Abilities, Loot
Nalorakk is the second boss you will encounter in Zul'Aman. Nalorakk can be fought either first or second, but most raids will choose to fight him second. This fight is a basic tank swap encounter, requiring little from other raid members. Check out our in-depth guide below to prepare as much as possible for your encounter with Nalorakk.
Nalorakk is the second boss you will encounter in Zul'Aman. Nalorakk can be fought either first or second, but most raids will choose to fight him second. This fight is a Two Phase tank swap encounter, requiring little from other raid members. Be sure to read up on the mechanics below to properly handle this boss.
- Mangle — Deals damage to current target, debuffing them and causing them to take an additional 100% damage from bleeds.
- Surge — Charges the enemy that is furthest away. Deals damage to the target and any nearby allies, knocking back all targets hit.
- Brutal Swipe — Frontal attack, dealing high damage. Can be divided between two targets.
- Deafening Roar — Deals around 1,300 damage to all enemies and silences them for 2 seconds.
- Lacerating Slash — A bleed DoT, dealing 1,735 damage every 2 seconds with an 18 second duration.
- Rend Flesh — Deals 5,850 to 7,150 damage to current target and applies a bleed DoT, dealing 2,335 damage every second for 5 seconds.
Strategy for Nalorakk
Pulling the Boss
Pulling Nalorakk can be tricky as the stairs he stands on may cause line of sight issues. Have a Hunter stand back further and Misdirection the boss to the tank. The tanks may also move together towards the boss till he engages in combat. Afterwards, the tanks will want to quickly position the boss while staying stacked to split the Brutal Swipe damage. The raid will quickly get into position, with 1 ranged DPS standing further out to soak the Surge.
Phase One the tanks will want to be stacked tightly together to split the damage from Brutal Swipe. Have 1 ranged DPS player stand outside of the raid group with their back against a wall to soak the Surge. The rest of the raid should stack closely to the boss so they are not the furthest target from the boss.
Nalorakk will attack his current target with Mangle periodically, causing moderate damage and increasing their damage taken by 100% for 60 seconds. After about 45 seconds, Nalorakk will transform into his bear form, starting Phase Two.
Phase Two requires a tank swap, or a rotation of strong defensive cooldowns to survive. Nalorakk will place both Lacerating Slash and Rend Flesh multiple times on his current target, causing high bleed damage over time. As Nalorakk casts Mangle on the tank during Phase One, the tank will take double damage from the bleeds in Phase Two if there is no tank swap.
Finally, Nalorakk will cast Deafening Roar multiple times during the phase, damaging and silencing all enemies for 2 seconds. The silence can be deadly for a tank with multiple bleeds on them. Keep the tank topped up as much as possible, while also being ready to use any defensive cooldowns. It is worth noting that the bleeds can be removed with immunities such as Divine Shield, Blessing of Protection and even Stoneform.
Role-Specific Tips for Nalorakk
This fight mostly requires high tank healing, especially in Phase Two. Phase One has a cleave that the tanks split, while Phase Two the tank will be debuffed by multiple different bleeds. Be quick and keep the tanks fully topped at all times.
One ranged DPS will be assigned to soak the Surge by standing furthest away from the boss. If you are not assigned to do this, make sure you are closer to the boss than the player that is assigned to do it. Aside from that, watch your threat and do as much damage as possible.
This fight is a Two Phase encounter, with a tank swap on each phase change. The tank who is tanking Nalorakk during his bear form should prioritize wearing higher Stamina gear, as the periodic Deafening Roar silence can lead to a death while you are afflicted by multiple bleeds. Be ready with any defensive cooldowns as your health can easily drop quickly.
|Fury of the Ursine
|Bladeangel's Money Belt
|Mask of Introspection
|Pauldrons of Primal Fury
|Robes of Heavenly Purpose
|Formula: Enchant Weapon - Executioner
Second Timed Chest Loot
|Staff of Dark Mending
|Amani Divining Staff
Other Tier 6 Guides
If you were looking for a full guide for the Zul'Aman raid, see the links below:
- 20 Mar. 2022: Guide added.
- Season of Discovery XP Buff Is Live Now!
- WoW Classic Era Maintenance Notes: February 6th
- Blizzard Teases Cozy Sleeping Bag for SoD Phase 2
- Timeline of Blizzard Presidents
- New World Buff Coming in Season of Discovery Phase 2
- A List of All Runes Coming in Season of Discovery Phase 2
- Blizzard Bans GDKP Runs in Season of Discovery Starting February 8
- NO GDKP Runs in Season of Discovery Phase 2