TBC Classic Retribution Paladin Enchants and Consumables
On this page, we list the best enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Retribution Paladin in TBC Classic for PvE content.
The Burning Crusade requires fewer consumables and enchants than Classic, but each of them is extremely important to maximizing your damage output in any situation, but especially in Raids and dungeons. Below will be a list of the optimal consumables and enchants to help you get the most out of your Paladin.
The following list is using the stat priority of Expertise>Hit Cap (9%)> Strength > Haste > Armor Penetration > Crit.
Best Enchants for Ret Paladin
|Head||Glyph of Ferocity — from the Cenarion Expedition in Zangarmarsh.|
|Shoulders||Might of the Scourge — drops from Sapphiron in Naxxramas|
|Back||Enchant Cloak - Greater Agility|
|Chest||Enchant Chest - Exceptional Stats|
|Bracers||Enchant Bracer - Brawn|
|Gloves||Enchant Gloves - Major Strength|
|Legs||Nethercobra Leg Armor|
|Feet||Enchant Boots - Dexterity|
|Melee Weapon||Enchant Weapon - Mongoose|
Best Gems for Retribution Paladins
Relentless Earthstorm Diamond is by far the best option for Meta gem.
Bold Crimson Spinel or Bold Living Ruby are going to be the majority of your gems as Strength is your best damage stat as Ret. You will need two blue gems to activate your Relentless Earthstorm Diamond, Sovereign Shadowsong Amethyst or Sovereign Nightseye are the most beneficial gems to fill that need, you never want to use more blue gems than what is necessary to activate your Meta gem. You will typically ignore gem socket colors to maximize your strength from Bold gems.
Spicy Hot Talbuk is your best well-fed buff if you are not hit capped, Roasted Clefthoof if you are hit capped, as our goal is to maximize our Strength. Leveling your Cooking helps considerably in reducing the cost of these and as a secondary profession everyone can learn it with no limitations.
Flask of Relentless Assault is your typical go-to against most all mobs, the exception to this is when fighting Demons (Magtheridon or Prince Malchezaar for example) Elixir of Demonslaying by itself is stronger than any flask and can be paired with a Guardian Elixir of your choosing.
Haste Potion is our best choice as the added haste allows more melee swings to maximize the damage gained from Seal of Blood
Any Scrolls of Strength/Agility/Intellect are just an added benefit
Demonic Rune Dark Rune both grant Mana in exchange for health and can allow you to sustain your max DPS rotation on longer fights, using them allows you to double-dip on the Mana gain from these items as well as the healing you will receive granting you Mana from Spiritual Attunement
Windfury is by far the best in combat weapon buff but if you are not in a group with a shaman either Adamantite Weightstone or Adamantite Sharpening Stone depending on your weapon are your best option. Either can be obtained from Blacksmithing
- 25 May 2021: Guide added.
- Guides for Burning Crusade Classic Phase 3 Now Live
- Burning Crusade Classic 2.5.3 Development Notes: January 13th
- BCC Phase 3 Season 3 PvP Adjustments
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 3 Release Schedule
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: January 12th
- A Dramatic UBRS Hardcore Death and Escape
- Reminder: Burning Crusade Classic Season 2 Ending Soon
- When Your Cat Kills Your Hardcore Character
- Shaman Tank comprehensive guide - Learn how to master World of Warcraft Classic Season of Mastery as a proficient Shaman Tank
- Melee Hunter Guide - Playing World of Warcraft as a Melee Hunter
- Jailer is in ICC!
- A-Whitemane-OHANA 8/10
- Shaman Tank Guide - Playing WoW as a Shaman Tank
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?
- Hunter Macros for TBC Cassic?
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?