Shade of Akama Guide: Strategy, Abilities, Loot
Shade of Akama is the third boss you will encounter in Black Temple. Shade of Akama is widely regarded as the easiest fight in the Black Temple, if not all of Tier 6. Check out the mechanics below to easily deal with this encounter.
Shade of Akama is the third boss you will encounter in the Black Temple. Shade of Akama is an extremely easy boss, widely considered the easiest boss in all of Tier 6. This fight mostly revolves around fighting adds until the boss appears and quickly burning him down.
Role-Specific Tips for Shade of Akama
This fight mostly has tank damage. Keep the tank you are assigned to fully healed as they can get burst down quickly. There can be some raid damage randomly through the Rain of Fire.
Kill whichever adds you are assigned to damage. Watch your threat when adds first spawn until tanks can pick them up. Prioritize important targets, namely Ashtongue Channeler and Ashtongue Sorcerer.
Pick up whichever adds you are assigned to tank and quickly generate as much threat as you can so the DPS can burn them down quickly. The Shade of Akama himself cannot be tanked, so you may want to wear high avoidance gear to reduce your damage taken. When the Shade of Akama comes out make sure you debuff him to help the raid.
Strategy for Shade of Akama
Pulling the Boss
This fight is started by talking with Akama at the entrance of the room. He is in stealth and has a gossip menu to start the battle shortly after speaking with him.
Shade of Akama is a easy boss, having two easy phases. Most of the fight consists of Phase one, where the raid will deal with adds coming in from different sides of the room. Tanks pick up their mobs and DPS kill the mobs they are assigned to. Below you can find a list of the adds, their abilities, and our recommended kill order:
- Ashtongue Channeler
- Shade Soul Channel — Slows the Shade of Akama's movement speed by 30%. Stacks for each mob alive. This can reduce his movement speed to 0, making him unable to move.
These are your first kill priority. If more than 3 of these are alive at once, the Shade of Akama will no longer move. Kill these as soon as possible to allow Akama's spirit to reach his body and start Phase Two.
- Ashtongue Sorcerer — Summoned throughout Phase One, replacing any slain Ashtongue Channelers. No more than 6 can be alive at once.
- Shade Soul Channel — Slows the Shade of Akama's movement speed by 30%, which stacks for each Sorcerer or Channeler alive. This can reduce his movement speed to 0, making him unable to move.
These are your second kill priority, essentially being the same mob as the first. Do not let them slow down Akama's Shade.
- Ashtongue Elementalist — Dangerous caster-type mob.
- Rain of Fire — Burns all enemies in an area for 3,238 to 3,762 Fire damage every 2 seconds.
- Lightning Bolt — Deals 2,000 Nature damage to current target.
These will spawn in on the sides of the room throughout the fight. Prioritize killing these quickly as they deal very high magic damage and force the raid to move frequently to avoid the Rain of Fire.
- Ashtongue Spiritbinder — Healer-type mob with multiple healing spells.
- Spirit Mend — Heals and ally for 2,500 health every 2 seconds. Can be dispelled.
- Chain Heal — Heals up to 5 allies for 6,938 to 8,062 health.
- Spirit Heal — Heals a single ally for 8,325 to 10,750 health.
These will also spawn in on the sides of the room throughout the fight. You may choose to prioritize these before the Ashtongue Elementalists as they have multiple spells that heal for a significant amount. If you are not killing these first, be sure to interrupt or stun them to prevent them from healing too much.
- Ashtongue Defender — Hard-hitting Physical-based mob. These will initially have aggro on Akama himself. Tanks should be ready to grab these quickly before they harm the boss.
- Heroic Strike — Increases damage of next attack by 5,088 to 5,912.
- Debilitating Strike — Deals 100% of weapon damage and reduces target's Physical damage dealt by 75% for 5 seconds.
- Shield Bash — Deals 1,663 to 1,837 Physical damage to the target and interrupts any spell being cast for 3 seconds.
These are very dangerous mobs. They deal very high damage, and also target Akama himself from the start. Any damage they deal to Akama will carry over into Phase Two, making him die faster and meaning your raid will have less time to kill the boss in the "burn the boss" part of the fight. Tanks should be ready to pick these up with a taunt and tank them away from Akama himself. Be aware of their very high damage output, and watch your threat early on as Debilitating Strike can make it difficult to generate threat.
- Ashtongue Rogue — Average-hitting Physical mob with a Poison DoT that starts off in stealth.
- Debilitating Poison — Periodically poisons current target, decreasing attack and spell cast speed by 50%. Also deals 1,665 to 1,935 Nature damage every 2 sec, but the effect can be dispelled.
- Eviscerate — Frequently deals 1,497 to 1,703 Physical damage to current target.
These are the least-threatening mob out of all on this fight. They still deal decent damage, but as long as the Debilitating Poison is removed from their targets, they are easily dealt with. They will start off in stealth, so be sure to break them out with any attack or AoE abilities and let the tank pick them up.
Phase two consists of the raid DPSing Shade of Akama himself. Akama will be battling his Shade and the raid will have about 1 minute to kill the Shade before the encounter is failed. Make sure to debuff the Shade of Akama quickly to lower his damage output and increase his damage taken.
|Kilt of Immortal Nature||Leather||Legs|
|Amice of Brilliant Light||Cloth||Shoulder|
|Focused Mana Bindings||Cloth||Wrist|
|Grips of Silent Justice||Plate||Hands|
|Ring of Deceitful Intent||Accessory||Finger|
|Shoulders of the Hidden Predator||Shoulder|
|The Seeker's Wristguards||Plate||Wrist|
|Wristbands of Divine Influence||Cloth||Wrist|
Other Black Temple Guides
If you were looking for a full guide for the Black Temple raid, or would like to know what specializations the loot from the Shade of Akama should be prioritized to, see the links below.
- 29 Dec. 2021: Guide added.
- Free Character Moves from Firemaw
- The Burning Crusade Classic Character Clone Service Retiring Soon
- World First Classic Sunwell Plateau Kill Claimed by Old School
- The Sunwell Plateau Is Now Live on Burning Crusade Classic
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Guides Now Live
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: May 5th
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Arrives May 10th
- Arclight Rumble Will Not Have Loot Boxes or NFTs
- Healing Druids (Moonglow/NG) - Crit Chance
- Jolteon 1 - Pendulum of DOOM PvP - Level 39 BiS Enhancement Shaman TBC
- Jailer is in ICC!
- Icy Veins Talent Sequence Addon
- Shaman Tank comprehensive guide - Learn how to master World of Warcraft Classic Season of Mastery as a proficient Shaman Tank
- A-Whitemane-OHANA 8/10
- Shaman Tank Guide - Playing WoW as a Shaman Tank
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?