Supremus Guide: Strategy, Abilities, Loot
Supremus is the second boss you will encounter in Black Temple. Supremus is a very straight-forward fight, being one of the easier bosses found in the raid instance. Check out the mechanics below to easily manage this encounter.
Supremus is the second boss you will encounter in the Black Temple. Supremus is a two phase boss with both phases being very straightforward. This fight has almost no real challenges; respect the mechanics and make sure to wait for threat whenever there is a threat drop.
Role-Specific Tips for Supremus
The main thing healers need to watch for on this fight is the high damage that all tanks will be taking. Make sure to quickly heal up all the tanks as they take damage.
Spread around the boss to avoid moving as much as possible. If targeted by a fire, quickly spread away from the group so only 1 person needs to move. Between phase transitions, wait for tanks to establish threat as each phase change has a threat drop.
Tanks will want to wear high Stamina gear as the tank mechanic on this fight is based off health instead of threat. Tanks will most likely want to stand on top of each other to help healers quickly top off all tanks.
- Molten Punch — Supremus punches the ground and creates a blue trail of Molten Flames underneath himself that spreads along the ground toward a random target. The Flames do 3,325 to 3,675 Fire damage per second to targets who stand within them. This ability is used every 20 seconds.
- Hateful Strike — This is a melee attack that does 27,750 to 32,250 Physical damage, before mitigation, to the target with the highest current health within melee range.
- Fixate (Gaze) — Supremus will fixate on a random target and move toward them at 90% reduced speed. If the target is too close, Supremus will deal 5,250 Physical damage to the target and knock them back. The boss will change targets every 10 seconds.
- Volcanic Eruption — Supremus randomly summons small volcanoes which deal 4,163 to 4,837 Fire damage per second to targets that are within 15 yards of them.
Strategy for Supremus
Pulling the Boss
Pulling Supremus is very straightforward: simply have a Hunter Misdirection the boss to the tank, or have the tank walk up and engage the boss. Have the tanks move in together and make sure melee DPS run in behind the tanks to avoid taking any Hateful Strikes.
Supremus is a easy boss, having two very basic phases. Phase one is a simple tank and spank. Tanks will want to have a high health pool to tank the Hateful Strikes. Melee DPS should be sure to avoid running in before the tanks.
The raid will want to spread out in different groups to avoid having the Molten Flames chase too many people. If you are targeted by the flames make sure to run away from others to avoid hitting multiple raid members. Simply DPS the boss down, avoid fires and keep the tanks alive.
Phase two of Supremus is a kite phase, similar to Thaladred the Darkener in the Kael'thas Sunstrider boss encounter from Tempest Keep. Supremus will Fixate a random raid member and begin to chase them down. Every 10 seconds a new player will be targeted and chased by Supremus.
If the player targeted by this Fixate is too close to the boss, Supremus will knock them away. If the player is too far, Supremus will increase his movement speed quickly and run toward the player. Try to stay in the "sweet spot", about 30 yards, away from Supremus while kiting him.
Make sure to avoid any Volcanoes spawned from Volcanic Eruption. They will quickly shoot out tons of "fireballs" around them, quickly killing any nearby players. Avoid being near the boss at all times as if you are in his melee range when he targets you he can easily kill you. At the end of phase two a threat drop occurs. Give the tanks time to grab the boss again as the fight repeats.
|Band of the Abyssal Lord||Accessory||Finger|
|Idol of the White Stag||Relic||Idol|
|Nether Shadow Tunic||Leather||Chest|
|The Brutalizer||Weapon||One-Hand Axe|
|Waistwrap of Infinity||Cloth||Waist|
|Choker of Endless Nightmares||Accessory||Neck|
|Pauldrons of Abyssal Fury||Plate||Shoulder|
|Syphon of the Nathrezim||Weapon||One-Hand Mace|
|Wraps of Precise Flight||Wrist|
|Naturalist's Preserving Cinch||Waist|
|Bands of the Coming Storm||Wrist|
Other Black Temple Guides
If you were looking for a full guide for the Black Temple raid, or would like to know what specializations the loot from Supremus should be prioritized to, see the links below.
- 23 Dec. 2021: Guide added.
- The Burning Crusade Classic Character Clone Service Retiring Soon
- World First Classic Sunwell Plateau Kill Claimed by Old School
- The Sunwell Plateau Is Now Live on Burning Crusade Classic
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Guides Now Live
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: May 5th
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Arrives May 10th
- Arclight Rumble Will Not Have Loot Boxes or NFTs
- Warcraft Arclight Rumble Minimum Specs, Possible 2022 Release, and No PC Port
- Healing Druids (Moonglow/NG) - Crit Chance
- Jolteon 1 - Pendulum of DOOM PvP - Level 39 BiS Enhancement Shaman TBC
- Jailer is in ICC!
- Icy Veins Talent Sequence Addon
- Shaman Tank comprehensive guide - Learn how to master World of Warcraft Classic Season of Mastery as a proficient Shaman Tank
- Melee Hunter Guide - Playing World of Warcraft as a Melee Hunter
- A-Whitemane-OHANA 8/10
- Shaman Tank Guide - Playing WoW as a Shaman Tank