Brutallus Encounter Guide: Strategy, Abilities, Loot
Brutallus is the second boss you will encounter in Sunwell Plateau on the Isle of Quel'Danas. Brutallus is an extremely simple fight mechanically that will demand your raid's maximum HPS and DPS. This boss is considered a massive throughput check and will push your raid to find creative ways to maximize your output. Check out our in-depth guide below to prepare as much as possible for your encounter with Brutallus.
Brutallus is the second boss you will encounter in the Sunwell Plateau raid instance. Brutallus is a challenge that will demand both the maximum amount of DPS and HPS your raid can produce. While Brutallus has a hard enrage (Berserk) at the 6-minute mark your raid group may end up needing to use extra healers compared to what is considered normal to kill this boss. Check out the mechanics listed below so you will know how to properly handle this boss.
Role-Specific Tips for Brutallus
Make sure the Healers are evenly assigned between the two groups and consider utilizing Mana cooldowns with Healers in mind opposed to Arcane Mages. This fight is extremely HPS-intensive and will last at the absolute longest six minutes so plan accordingly. If you run out of Mana at the six-minute mark it will not matter because the boss' Berserk will quickly wipe the raid.
Stay aware of the Burn debuff to ensure you do not spread it to anyone. Focus on maximizing your DPS in a six-minute window as the boss' enrage will almost instantly wipe the raid.
Try to manage damage reduction CDs around the application of the Stomp debuff.
- Meteor Slash — deals a large amount of Fire damage that splits evenly between players in the cone and also applies a stacking debuff that increases Fire damage taken by 75% for 40 seconds.
- Burn — a random player will gain this debuff taking Fire damage every second for 60 seconds, this amount doubling every ten seconds. This debuff can spread if you are too close to another player.
- Stomp — deals massive Physical damage to Brutallus' current target and reduces their Armor by 50% for 10 seconds.
Strategy for Brutallus
Pulling the Boss
Brutallus should be kept as close to his original positioning as possible and the raid should spread into two pre-assigned groups to either side of the boss with clear areas between the two groups on north and south side of the boss for players with Burn to go to.
Brutallus is a one-phase boss that is the exact same from pull to kill. The raid should split evenly in two groups, one on the east side of the boss and one on the west. These groups should consist of one tank and an even amount of DPS and Healers. If you have a Holy Paladin you can prioritize putting more of your Restoration Shamans on the other side of the boss to allow them to Chain Heal through the tank that will be out of range of your Holy Paladin. The mechanics to this boss are extremely simple but require the most throughput you can generate both for DPS and HPS.
Each group should take three stacks of Meteor Slash and once the third stack is applied the opposite group's Tank should taunt the boss and continue to tank until their group receives 3 stacks. This process is repeated until the boss dies or six minutes pass when the boss hits Berserk. Players affected by Burn should get out of the group as quickly as possible and head to one of the designated safe areas on either the north or south side of the boss to avoid spreading the debuff; this debuff does additional damage to those with the Meteor Slash debuff so make sure to keep an eye on those with Burn. Tanks should try to rotate damage reduction/avoidance cooldowns when hit with Stomp. Rinse and repeat until the boss dies or enrages.
|Belt of the Forgotten Conqueror||Tier Token||Belt|
|Belt of the Forgotten Protector||Tier Token||Belt|
|Belt of the Forgotten Vanquisher||Tier Token||Belt|
|Reign of Misery||Weapon||Mace|
|Clutch of Demise||Accessory||Necklace|
|Collar of the Pit Lord||Accessory||Necklace|
|Heart of the Pit||Accessory||Off-Hand|
|Leggings of Calamity||Cloth||Legs|
Other Sunwell Plateau Guides
If you were looking for a full guide for the Sunwell Plateau raid, or would like to know what specializations the loot from Brutallus should be prioritized to, see the links below.
- 03 May 2022: Page added.
- What's Ahead for Wrath Classic (Developer Update)
- Faction and Transfer Restrictions Lifted in Burning Crusade Classic
- Dungeon XP and Mob Behavior Changes to Combat Boosting
- Joyous Journeys Summer XP Buff Coming to Burning Crusade Classic
- New Group Finder Details for Wrath of the Lich King Classic
- An Update on Wrath Classic Fresh Server Transfers
- Fresh Start Servers Coming with Wrath of the Lich King Classic Pre-Patch
- Upcoming Burning Crusade Classic Realm Consolidation: August 10th
- Healing Druids (Moonglow/NG) - Crit Chance
- Jolteon 1 - Pendulum of DOOM PvP - Level 39 BiS Enhancement Shaman TBC
- Jailer is in ICC!
- Icy Veins Talent Sequence Addon
- Shaman Tank comprehensive guide - Learn how to master World of Warcraft Classic Season of Mastery as a proficient Shaman Tank
- Melee Hunter Guide - Playing World of Warcraft as a Melee Hunter
- A-Whitemane-OHANA 8/10
- Shaman Tank Guide - Playing WoW as a Shaman Tank