TBC Classic Shadow Priest Spell Summary
On this page, we present you with all spells and procs that you need to understand as a Shadow Priest in TBC Classic.
Here we will discuss the basics of a Shadow Priest's abilities, as well as what changes are present from WoW Classic and all of the different uses certain abilities have.
TBC Classic New and Updated Spells
TBC Classic has brought with it a number of new abilities for Shadow Priests. In addition, a number of abilities were also improved. These new and altered abilities are as follows:
- Fear Ward is now available to all races.
- Shadowfiend — This new ability gives all Priests an additional means of Mana restoration
- Shadow Word: Death — This instant-cast ability offers a burst of Shadow damage that causes the caster to take recoil damage equal to the damage dealt.
- Vampiric Touch — This new DoT spell causes 5% of your Shadow damage dealt to be returned as Mana to your party.
- Mass Dispel — This is an AoE version of Dispel Magic. It attempts to remove 1 Magic debuff from up to 10 friendly targets and 1 Magic buff from up to 10 enemy targets. It can also remove spells that previously could not be dispelled, such as Ice Block and Divine Shield.
These are the main abilities that you will be using frequently and should be very familiar with.
- Dispel Magic — Use this to remove important buffs or debuffs.
- Power Word: Shield — You can use this in an emergency to give someone a buffer of HP if they would die before you can finish a cast.
- Shadowform — This is a huge damage increase, but only allows you to cast Shadow spells while active.
- Shadow Word: Pain — This is a massive DoT. Make sure to keep it up at all times.
- Mind Flay — This becomes your main filler spell between your other abilities. Oftentimes you will cancel the channel after 2 ticks of damage when higher-priority spells come off cooldown.
- Vampiric Embrace — This causes a high portion of your Shadow damage dealt to be returned as health to your party.
- Shadow Word: Death — This is an instant-cast, high Shadow damage spell that reflects the damage dealt back to you. Make sure to not use this when you are low health or in a dangerous position as you can easily die from the backlash damage.
- Mind Blast — This is a high-damage spell with a short cast time. Make sure to keep this on cooldown as much as possible as it deals amazing damage.
- Vampiric Touch — This is your second damage-over-time spell. Causes 5% of your Shadow damage dealt to be returned as Mana to your party.
Shadow Priests have no cooldowns specific to their spec, only their general class ones.
- Fear Ward — This can be used on a friendly target to prevent one fear effect. Its effect lasts for 3 minutes with a 3-minute cooldown.
- Shadowfiend — This summons a temporary pet that follows your attack orders. Every time it lands a melee attack, it returns Mana back to you based on the damage dealt. Use this when you are low on Mana and have a target nearby.
- Inner Focus — This reduces the Mana cost of your next spell by 100% and increases its Critical Strike chance by 25%. Use this to stay inside the 5-second rule if possible. It is great for ressing as well.
- Psychic Scream — This ability fears up to 5 nearby enemies. Use this if you have aggro and will die otherwise.
- Fade — This ability temporarily reduces your threat by a small amount. It is useful if you pull threat early on in a fight.
Crowd Control Abilities
- Shackle Undead — This lets you crowd control an Undead mob for 50 seconds.
- Mind Soothe — This allows you to reduce the range at which Humanoids pull, allowing you to possibly skip certain trash mobs.
- 30 May 2021: Guide added.
- The Burning Crusade Classic Character Clone Service Retiring Soon
- World First Classic Sunwell Plateau Kill Claimed by Old School
- The Sunwell Plateau Is Now Live on Burning Crusade Classic
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Guides Now Live
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: May 5th
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Arrives May 10th
- Arclight Rumble Will Not Have Loot Boxes or NFTs
- Warcraft Arclight Rumble Minimum Specs, Possible 2022 Release, and No PC Port
- Healing Druids (Moonglow/NG) - Crit Chance
- Jolteon 1 - Pendulum of DOOM PvP - Level 39 BiS Enhancement Shaman TBC
- Jailer is in ICC!
- Icy Veins Talent Sequence Addon
- Shaman Tank comprehensive guide - Learn how to master World of Warcraft Classic Season of Mastery as a proficient Shaman Tank
- Melee Hunter Guide - Playing World of Warcraft as a Melee Hunter
- A-Whitemane-OHANA 8/10
- Shaman Tank Guide - Playing WoW as a Shaman Tank