The Consortium Reputation and Rewards Guide
The Consortium is a Nagrand-based faction in TBC. Most of the reputation with them is obtained by killing Ethereals in Netherstorm, as well as by doing quests and through repeatable turn-ins.
The Consortium offers a variety of powerful pre-raid items, as well as many profession patterns.
The Consortium is a group of Ethereals located all throughout Outland, but focused mostly in Netherstorm and Nagrand. The Consortium is unique in that once you have have achieved Friendly standing, you will receive a monthly "salary" at the start of each month, which is a bag that contains various gems. The higher your reputation is the high the quality of the gems you receive from Gezhe at Aeris Landing will be.
Players' reputation with The Consortium begins at Neutral; there are several ways to gain reputation with The Consortium: completing one-time quests, repeatable turn-ins, and running the Mana Tombs dungeon.
In the sub-sections that follow, we will go through the ideal steps to going from Neutral to Exalted standing.
Neutral to Friendly
You are able to start gaining reputation with the Consortium at level 64.
- To begin questing with the Consortium in Nagrand you must talk to the Consortium Recruiter located near Telaar if you are Alliance or Garadar if you are Horde. Speaking to him will give you the The Consortium Needs You! quest, which will take you to Aeris Landing and which starts The Consortium questline in Nagrand.
- In Aeris Landing there are two quests that will turn into repeatable versions of themselves. You can repeat these until you reach Friendly, when they will no longer give reputation.
Running the Mana Tombs dungeon is another way to gain reputation with The Consortium. On Normal difficult any mobs killed inside of Mana Tombs grant reputation up to Honored, and on Heroic difficulty they will grant reputation all the way to Exalted.
Friendly to Honored
At Friendly, the Obsidian Warbeads quest at Aeris Landing will now be available. The quest asks you kill the Ogres throughout Nagrand and obtain 10 Obsidian Warbeads. Completing this quest gives 250 reputation with the Consortium and will unlock the repeatable version, More Obsidian Warbeads, which you are able to do until Exalted.
Another way to grind to Exalted with The Consortium is unlocked at level 67 in Netherstorm: this is the A Heap of Ethereals quest from Nether-Stalker Khay'ji, which will task you with getting 10 Zaxxis Insignias that drop from the hostile Ethereals located south of Area 52.
Honored to Exalted
In addition to turning in Obsidian Warbeads, Zaxxis Insignias, and running Heroic Mana-Tombs, a new method of earning reputation with the Consortium unlocks once you have reached Honored standing. A new questline will unlock at the Protectorate Watch Post in Netherstorm, which will cause Ethereal mobs in Outland to drop Ethereum Prison Keys.
The Ethereum Prison Keys are used to open Ethereum Prisons at the Ethereum Staging Grounds in Netherstorm. Opening the prisons will either summon a friendly NPC that belongs to a random Outland reputation and grant you 500 reputation with their respective faction for freeing them, or a hostile NPC that will drop Ethereum Prisoner I.D. Tag which you can turn in at the Protectorate Watch Post for 250 reputation with The Consortium. Please note that some of the mobs from the prisons can be quite difficult to solo and may require a group. In order for mobs to drop the Ethereum Prison Keys you must complete the following quest line.
- Seek Out Ameer
- A Mission of Mercy
- Escape from the Staging Grounds
- Ethereum Secrets
- Ethereum Prisoner I.D. Catalogue (repeatable turn in of Ethereum Prisoner I.D. Tag)
At Revered, the Ethereal Prison Key questline can be continued, which will provide you with another method to farm reputation with The Consortium. Stasis Chambers located in Bash'ir's Landing in Blades Edge Mountains require a special Ethereum Stasis Chamber Key, which you can only obtain by turning in 5 Ethereum Prison Keys.
The Stasis Chambers contain elite mobs that you will likely need a group to kill. In addition to granting reputation when killed, these mobs can also drop Mark of the Nexus-King, which can be used to open a stasis chamber found in the Heroic version of Mana Tombs to summon the extra boss Yor. You must complete the questline listed below in order to begin using the Stasis Chambers.
- A Thousand Worlds
- Stasis Chambers of Bash'ir
- Purging the Chambers of Bash'ir
- The Mark of the Nexus-King
- Stasis Chambers of the Mana-Tombs
- Nexus-Prince Shaffar's Personal Chamber
List of Quests
There are quite a few quests for The Consortium that can be found throughout Netherstorm.
- Assisting the Consortium (no reputation gain)
- Request for Assistance (25 reputation)
- An Audience with the Prince (75 reputation)
- Consortium Crystal Collection (250 reputation)
- A Heap of Ethereals (250 reputation)
- Warp-Raider Nesaad (250 reputation)
- Rightful Repossession (250 reputation)
- Triangulation Point One (250 reputation)
- Triangulation Point Two (250 reputation)
- Full Triangle (500 reputation)
- Fel Reavers, No Thanks! (250 reputation)
- The Best Defense (250 reputation)
- In Search of Farahlite (250 reputation)
- Hitting the Motherlode (250 reputation)
- Surveying the Ruins (250 reputation)
- The Minions of Culuthas (250 reputation)
- Teleport This! (350 reputation)
- To the Stormspire (no reputation gain)
- Diagnosis: Critical (no reputation gain)
- Testing the Prototype (no reputation gain)
- Run a Diagnostic! (150 reputation)
- New Opportunities (250 reputation)
- Deal With the Saboteurs (250 reputation)
- All Clear! (250 reputation)
An Ethereal NPC named Ythyar, who is a member of The Consortium, can be found in Karazhan in the room before the Chess Event; he can repair your gear and sells Jewelcrafting patterns and an Enchanting recipe to those who have gained reputation with The Consortium.
|Honored||Design: Powerful Earthstorm Diamond||12|
|Revered||Design: Bracing Earthstorm Diamond||12|
|Revered||Formula: Enchant Ring - Striking||10|
There are two quartermasters for The Consortium: Paulsta'ats at Aeris Landing in Nagrand, and Karaaz at the Stormspire in Netherstorm. Both sell the same items so you can go to either to purchase your reputation rewards.
- 27 May 2021: Guide added.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Honor Decay Removed In Season of Discovery and Classic Era
- Season of Discovery Launch Times
- Season of Discovery Will Launch With Fewer Realms
- Icecrown Citadel Player Buff Coming Early December
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Blizzard Explain Why Classic Hardcore Servers Are Down Longer