WotLK Classic Combat Rogue Enchants and Consumables
On this page, we list the best enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Combat Rogue in WotLK Classic for PvE content.
Rogues in Wrath of the Lich King Classic will generally use their consumables and gems to ensure that they reach certain stat caps, most notably the Expertise and Poison Hit caps.
Best Enchants for Combat Rogues
|Arcanum of Torment — Revered with the Knights of the Ebon Blade
|Greater Inscription of the Axe or Master's Inscription of the Axe, depending on whether you are a scribe or not.
|Enchant Cloak - Major Agility is the best openly available enchant, but you should use Swordguard Embroidery if you are a tailor or Flexweave Underlay if you are an engineer.
|Enchant Chest - Powerful Stats
|Enchant Bracers - Greater Assault or Fur Lining - Attack Power if you are a leatherworker.
|Enchant Gloves - Crusher or Hyperspeed Accelerators if you are an engineer.
|Icescale Leg Armor or the cheaper alternative, Nerubian Leg Armor. You can use Nerubian Leg Reinforcements if you are a leatherworker.
|Enchant Boots - Icewalker or Nitro Boosts if you are an engineer.
|Enchant Ring - Assault
|Enchant Weapon - Berserking or Enchant Weapon - Mongoose as a cheaper alternative.
Best Gems for Combat Rogues
Overall, your best choice for gemming as a Rogue is to focus on red, yellow, and orange gems, only aiming to achieve the socket bonuses of your gear when they require Red Gems or Yellow Gems.
When choosing how to fill your Yellow Sockets, make sure to pay attention to your current stat caps and use the sockets accordingly to reach your Poison Hit and Expertise caps.
|Relentless Earthsiege Diamond
|Thundering Skyflare Diamond
|Bright Cardinal Ruby or Bright Scarlet Ruby
|Precise Cardinal Ruby or Precise Scarlet Ruby / Fractured Cardinal Ruby or Fractured Scarlet Ruby
|Pristine Ametrine or Pristine Monarch Topaz
|Accurate Ametrine, Rigid King's Amber, or Stark Ametrine
|Nightmare Tear or Enchanted Tear
Best Consumables for Combat Rogues
For food as a Rogue, you will need to choose based on what stats you currently need.
- Hearty Rhino — If you are working towards an Armor Penetrating cap.
- Fish Feast — for pure DPS increase if you already have your Poison Hit and Expertise caps.
- Mega Mammoth Meal — has the same role as the Fish Feast.
- Rhinolicious Wormsteak — for Expertise cap.
- Snapper Extreme — for Poison Hit cap.
Flasks and Potions
The best flask for Combat Rogues is the Flask of Endless Rage in terms of pure damage output. If you wish to use elixirs rather than a flask, you will want to use Wrath Elixir with Swiftness of Zanza from WoW Classic.
Your best potions are either the Potion of Speed, which is excellent for dealing damage, or a Free Action Potion against enemies that will stun you for a long period of time, to ensure as much uptime as possible.
- 18 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Phase 2 release ahead of Ulduar raid release.
- 22 Sep. 2022: Page added.
- Season of Discovery XP Buff Is Live Now!
- WoW Classic Era Maintenance Notes: February 6th
- Blizzard Teases Cozy Sleeping Bag for SoD Phase 2
- Timeline of Blizzard Presidents
- New World Buff Coming in Season of Discovery Phase 2
- A List of All Runes Coming in Season of Discovery Phase 2
- Blizzard Bans GDKP Runs in Season of Discovery Starting February 8
- NO GDKP Runs in Season of Discovery Phase 2