WotLK Classic Demonology Warlock Spell Summary
On this page, we present you with all spells and procs that you need to understand as a Demonology Warlock in WotLK Classic.
Warlock Main Damage Spells in Wrath of the Lich King
As a Demonology Warlock, you will be focusing on dealing damage. These are all of your main damaging spells that you will want to focus on using.
- Immolate — Deals damage-over-time as well as slight damage up front. This is to be on the boss at all times.
- Corruption — Deals damage-over-time. This is important and boss at all times, as this is what gives you your Molten Core procs.
- Shadow Bolt — This is your main filler ability to be used as long as Immolate, Corruption, and Curse of Doom are on the boss.
- Incinerate — To be used whenever you get Molten Core procs.
- Curse of Doom — This is your main Curse. Use this full time unless the boss will not live for 60 seconds. Then use Curse of Agony.
- Seed of Corruption — Your main AoE ability. Spam this on any packs with 3 targets or more.
- Shadowflame — This ability is to be used on AoE packs.
For a better understanding of what your damage rotation should be, be sure to check out our rotation page for a full explanation of both your single-target, AoE, and execute DPS rotations.
Warlock Cooldowns in Wrath of the Lich King
Warlock do not have many cooldowns outside of trinkets, potions, and of course Metamorphosis. That being said, Metamorphosis is one of the biggest cooldowns in the game and its important to not waste your Metamorphosis. It is such a big cooldown and it is not wise to use it on a pack of 3 or 4 when you could hold it for an upcoming larger pack. At the same time, make sure you have your meta for the bosses, so make sure that when you do use it, you will not be starting the next boss within the next two minutes.
- Metamorphosis — The main ability of Demonology and your main cooldown. This you into a Demon for 30 seconds. While in Demon form, your Armor is increased by 600%, your damage is increased by 20%, the chances you will be critically hit by melee attacks are reduced by 6%, and all durations of stun and snare effects are reduced by 50%. Not only that, but you get 4 new abilities that are only available when in Demon form. A breakdown of each ability will be located below this cooldown section.
- Fel Domination — An important cooldown that reduces the cast time of your next summon by 5.5 seconds and reduces the Mana cost by 50%. Use this to quickly get your Summon Felguard summoned after it dies or after using an Inferno
- Inferno — This is a big ability that should be used on big AoE packs. It does a ton of AoE damage.
- Soulshatter — This will reduce your threat to all mobs by 50%. Use this paired with your Metamorphosis and Immolation Aura, since those cause severely high threat.
- Demonic Empowerment — Use this on cooldown as it buffs your pet. It is suggested to put this in a macro so you never forget it.
Below are the four abilities granted to you only while you are in Metamorphosis.
- Immolation Aura — This is the main ability of Metamorphosis. This ignites the area surrounding you, causing a ton of Fire damage to everything around you every second for 15 seconds. This does phenomenal damage on both AoE and single-target. Due to the extreme damage, this also will cause an insane amount of threat, so watch out. This ability should always be paired with a nice Soulshatter shortly after casting it if Soul Shatter is off cooldown. This ability is also affected by your Haste, for faster ticks. For example, at 21% Haste the buff lasts 12 and a half seconds and deals damage every roughly 0.85 seconds. Also, since this is a buff on your character, each tick of damage is actually calculated using your current Spell Power, meaning each tick can be a different amount of damage as you gain or lose Spell Power. These ticks can also miss.
- Challenging Howl — This is an AoE taunt that will taunt everything within 10 yards to you for 6 seconds. This has niche uses but can save your raid in a bind if your tanks die and your Healers heal you.
- Demon Charge — This is a charge from between 8-25 yards. Allows you to quickly close the gap between the mobs.
- Shadow Cleave — This is a cleave that is only used as a melee swing and also queues with your next swing. It is not suggested to try and use this on cooldown, but rather just macro it into any instant-cast abilities and it will go off on the next swing after that ability goes off.
Warlock Utility and Buff Spells in Wrath of the Lich King
- Demonic Pact — This is the main reason Demonology Warlocks are brought to Raid. Increases your spell damage by 10%, and your Summon Felguard crits apply the Demonic Pact effect to ALL party or raid members. Demonic Pact increases spell power by 10% of your spell damage for 45 sec. This effect has a 5 sec cooldown and does not work on subjugated demons. This means that when your Summon Felguard crits, it snapshots your current Spell Power and gives 10% of that to your whole raid.
- Life Tap — Gives you Mana in return for some of your health. This also procs your Glyph of Life Tap. You must tap to keep this buff up as much as you can.
- Fel Armor — This is a personal buff that you must have up 100% of the time on yourself. This gives you Spell Power as well as converts some of your Spirit into Spell Power. In addition you regain 2% of your maximum health every 5 seconds.
- Create Spellstone — This is your weapon oil. This gives you 1% extra damage on your damage-over-time spells, but also gives you Haste rating.
- Demonic Circle: Summon — This spell puts a Demonic Circle at your feet that lasts 6 seconds.
- Demonic Circle: Teleport — This spell will teleport you to your Demonic Circle, as long as you are within 40 yards of it.
- Ritual of Summoning — This will place down a summoning portal, better known as a summoning closet. It takes 2 other party or raid members to help you summon the closet. After that anyone in your party or raid can click this with the help of another to summon other raid members from anywhere in the world.
- Ritual of Souls — This is what makes Healthstones. You need two of party or raid members to help summon the Soulwell. The Soulwell lasts for 3 minutes or 25 charges.
- Create Soulstone — This will create a Soulstone that you can place on anyone. When that person dies, this will give them a chance to resurrect.
- Banish — Banishes the enemy Demon or Elemental for 30 seconds. You can banish once again to unbanish the target. This is used in raid to help crowd control trash mobs.
- Fear — This will cause most targets to run around in fear, unable to attack or do anything. Often used in raid as a form of crowd control.
- Detect Invisibility — Niche uses in raid. This helps your tank see invisible mobs.
- Curse of the Elements — Curses the target for 5 minutes, reducing Arcane, Fire, Frost, Nature, and Shadow Resistances by 165, but also increases magic damage taken by the target by 13%. Balance Druids and Unholy Death Knights also have abilities that do the same thing, so you will not find yourself casting this too much, rather only when there is no Balance Druid or Unholy Death Knights.
- Curse of Weakness — This lowers the target's melee Attack Power by 478 and reduces their Armor by 5% for 2 minutes. This is also covered by a Balance Druid's Faerie Fire and a Hunter's Scorpid Sting, so you can expect to rarely use this.
- Death Coil — Causes the target to run in horror for 3 seconds, does slight damage as well as heals you for 300% oft he damage caused. This is a very nice ability for the heal alone.
Other Warlock Spells in Wrath of the Lich King
Below is a list of other spells that are not used as often, but still have niche uses
- Drain Soul — This is used to gain Soul Shards. Gives you a chance at a Soul Shard per tick of Drain Soul. This ability also does 4 times the amount of damage if the target is below 25% Health.
- Curse of Agony — This is a damage-over-time ability that ramps up, meaning it does more damage the longer it is on the target. Only use it if Curse of Doom will not last on the boss.
- Health Funnel — This is a channeled ability that will heal your Demon.
- Shadow Ward — This will put an absorb shield around you that will shield you for 3,300 Shadow damage.
- Hellfire — This is a channeled fire AoE ability that emits from the caster. This is used to get immediate AoE damage if the mobs will die before you can cast and explode a Seed of Corruption
- Searing Pain — A quick-casting ability for small damage, but worth if you cannot get a normal cast off.
- 26 Jun. 2023: Updated to Phase 3.
- 18 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Phase 2 release ahead of Ulduar raid release.
- 19 Oct. 2022: Page added.
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Blizzard Explain Why Classic Hardcore Servers Are Down Longer
- WoW Classic Patch 1.15.0 Notes
- Classic Era and Hardcore Patch 1.15.0 Known Issues List
- Mike Ybbara on Blizzard's Approach to Meeting Player Demands
- Classic Era Patch 1.15.0 PTR Notes
- Classic Account Suspensions for October 2023
- Icy Veins WoW Classic Interview: Discoveries and Runes, LFR, ICC Nerfs and Much More