WotLK Classic Demonology Warlock Spec, Builds, Talents, and Glyphs
On this page, you will find out the best PvE talent choices and builds for your Demonology Warlock in WotLK Classic, as well as advised glyphs.
Talent Builds for Warlock in Wrath of the Lich King
Warlock does not have too much wiggle room in terms of talents as you need all but two of the points in order to get full value out of your spec. However, you do have two flex points that you can place wherever you choose. I personally choose Mana Feed and one in Intensity. Some people choose to put them both in Destructive Reach, Intensity or Improved Healthstone or even Improved Demonic Tactics and most importantly Suppression.
Important Talents for Demonology Warlocks in Wrath of the Lich King
In this section we will go over some of the key talents you will use when you are playing a Demonology Warlock to better help you understand your most important talents as they are vital to play the build to its fullest strength.
- Improved Shadow Bolt, Bane, and Ruin
All three of these talents are mandatory in the Destruction tree. These talents will make your Shadow Bolts do much more damage, cast faster and crit for much harder.
This is a popular pick for your two flex points. You should never hesitate to put points into Suppression to make up your hit. And if you're ever wondering if you need hit rating, then I would suggest putting a point or two into Suppresion OVER using Hit Gems.
This just helps keep your pet up, healing your Summon Felguard for 15% of all dmg you deal. This heals your FG comically fast.
increases the attack power bonus of your Summon Felguard's Demonic Frenzy by 3%. This is just a nice buff to your Summon Felguard.
This increase the Stamina and Intellect of your Summon Felguard by 15% and increases your max mana by 3%
This increase your Fel Armor buff by 30% which is massive as it gives you an additional 54 spell power as well as 9% more from the spirit to spell power conversion.
This was changed and no longer gives us bonus damage, but it does transfer 20% of all dmg taken and give it to your Summon Felguard, which is really nice for those times you pull threat on the AoE packs. >
This increases the ratings you gain from your Create Spellstone and Create Firestone by 300%. In this case as Demonology you only use Create Spellstone, but to give you a quick example, without this talent, your spellstone gives you 60 Haste rating, whereas with this talent, Create Spellstone gives you 240 Haste Rating, which is a ton of Haste.
This increases all dmg done by 5% as well as reduces all dmg taken by 5%.
This increases the duration of your Immolate by 9 seconds, but more importantly, your Corruption has a 12% chance to gain the Molten Core effect for 15 seconds. The Molten Core effect buffs your next three Incinerate dmg by 18% and reduces its cast time by 30% OR it buffs your next three Soul Fire dmg by 18% and increases its crit chance by 15%.
When you Shadow Bolt, Incinerate or Soul Fire any target at or below 35% health, the cast time of your Soul Fire spell is reduced by 40% for 10 seconds and also does not cost a Soul Shard. This is one of the main abilities for Demonology Warlocks as this gives you an execute ability. You should constantly be looking to get Decimation procs off any mobs around you, then use those Decimation procs to cast Soul Fire into your main target. This synergizes very well with Molten Core as the dream is to get your Molten Core procs while in Decimation.
This will increase your Summon Felguard attack speed by 20% and break all stun, snare and movement impairing effects and makes your Summon Felguard immune to them for 15sec. You should macro this ability into your Shadow Bolt, Seed of Corruption and your Soul Fire.
This gives both you and your Summon Felguard 10% more crit. Allowing you both to crit much more often.
This reduces the cooldown of your Demonic Empowerment, Metamorphosis and Fel Domination by 30%. This lowers the cooldown on 3 pretty important abilities.
This increases your spell dmg by 10%, and your Summon Felguard crits apply the Demonic Pact effect to ALL party or raid members. Demonic Pact increases spell power by 10% of your spell damage for 45 sec. This effect has a 5 sec cooldown and does not work on subjugated demons. This means that when your Summon Felguard crits, it snapshots your current spell power and gives 10% of that to your whole raid. This is the main reason you are brought to the raid.
This spell transforms you into a Demon for 30 seconds. While in Demon form, your armor is increased by 600%, your damage increased by 20% and the chances you’ll be critically hit by melee attacks are reduced by 6% and all durations of stun and snare effects are reduced by 50%. Not only that but you get 4 new abilities that are only available when in Demon form
Best Glyphs for Warlock in Wrath of the Lich King
Glyphs are a new consumable of sorts introduced in Wrath of the Lich King. Glyphs greatly improve certain spells when you learn them, supporting and even enabling some builds. Glyphs are not permanently learned, so you will want to carry multiple glyphs on you so you can change them quickly depending on the raid or boss encounter you are in. Demonology has some really powerful Glyphs that make the gameplay a little more fun.
Major Glyphs for Warlock in Wrath of the Lich King
- Glyph of Life Tap — Whenever you life tap, you gain 20% of your spirit as spell power for 40 seconds. This is very important and you must keep this buff on you at all times.
- Glyph of Felguard — This increases your Summon Felguards total attack power by 20%. Our Summon Felguard is super powerful and is about 20% of our damage, so you can see how this Glyph is important.
- Glyph of Quick Decay — This allows your Corruption to be affected by Haste. Corruption itself isn’t huge damage, but it does give you faster Corruption ticks, which results in more Molten Core procs.
- Honorable mention to Glyph of Metamorphosis — This increases the duration of your Metamorphosis by 6 seconds. This also allows you to get another use of Immolation Aura, but only half of it and only if you Immolation Aura right when you Metamorphosis. This also means that you have 20% more damage for an additional 6 seconds as well. Bringing this Glyph super close to Glyph of Quick Decay. Most people prefer Glyph of Quick Decay for more Molten Core procs, but it's worth mentioning because you can find some really nice and niche scenarios for Glyph of Metamorphosis.
Minor Glyphs for Warlock in Wrath of the Lich King
- Glyph of Drain Soul — This gives you a chance at an addition Soul Shard when you Drain Soul.
- Glyph of Unending Breath — This gives everyone with your Unending Breath 20% swim speed.
- Glyph of Souls — This reduces the mana cost of your Ritual of Souls
- 18 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Phase 2 release ahead of Ulduar raid release.
- 19 Oct. 2022: Page added.
- Chinese Realm "Region Unavailable" Messages Appeared for EU Players
- Changes to Death Knight Character Creation Restrictions Coming
- Free Character Transfers in Wrath Classic: March 3rd
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: March 1st
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 24th
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 21st
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 16th
- Season of Mastery Realms Closing This Week, Transfers Open