Warlock Quests in WoW Classic
On this page, we cover the Warlock-specific quests in WoW Classic. Warlock has several important class quests, with most of them being about learning how to summon various demons.
Warlock Demon Quests
The first quest that Warlocks get is for your Imp, which you can pick up at level 1. The quest will be a single step, and will involve you killing a few of a specific type of enemy, sometimes to bring items back from them. You can get this from the trainer in your starting area, and it should be one of the first quests that you complete when you begin leveling.
You can get your Voidwalker at level 10. To begin the quest chain, just talk to any Warlock trainer, which will take you to the Warlock trainer in a major city. The quest chain is relatively simple, all you have to do is go collect and item from a specific enemy or place that is in the same zone as the city. Orcs will need to find Tablet of Verga, Undead will need to find Egalin's Grimoire, and Alliance will have to find Surena's Choker. Once you have the item, go back to the city and talk to your Warlock trainer again. You will then need to summon and defeat a Voidwalker, after which you will learn to summon your own.
You can begin this quest chain at level 20 by finding any Warlock trainer. After talking with the trainers, you will then be tasked with traveling to various zones, either to kill people or to deliver items. Orcs will need to find Gazrog in the Crossroads, Ken'zigla in Stonetalon Mountains, and finally Grunt Dogran in the Barrens. Undead will need to kill Dalin Forgewright in Silverpine Forest, followed by Comar Villard in Wetlands. Alliance players will need to seek out Takar the Seer in the Barrens, and then to kill Dark Strand Excavator in Ashenvale. Once you have completed your respective tasks, you will return to the city to summon and kill a Succubus. Once you kill it, you will learn how to summon your own.
You can begin this quest chain at level 30 by visiting the Warlock trainer in your major city. Alliance and Horde have very similar quest for this, and both will start by going to Ratchet to find Strahad Farsan. Strahad will send you to a major city to speak with someone, Jorah Annison in Undercity for Horde and Krom Stoutarm in Ironforge for Alliance. From there you will get a quest to retrieve parts of a book. The first part is the Moldy Tome which can be found in the Wetlands, and the second part is the Tattered Manuscript which can be found in Thousand Needles. Return to your respective city, and get another quest to go back to the Wetlands. There you will kill Dragonmaw Bonewarders and Dragonmaw Shadowwarders until your have 3 Rod of Channeling. Return back to your city, before finally returning to Ratchet to summon and fight a Felhunter. After defeating the Felhunter, you will learn how to summon your own.
Warlocks have the benefit of being able to summon both normal and epic mounts as a spell, along with learning the riding from completing the class quest involved. This will save you 90 gold while leveling, and potentially hundreds of gold for epic riding if you do not mind waiting until phase 2 for your epic mount.
At level 40, Warlocks will be able to get a quest to learn Summon Felsteed. In addition to being able to summon a mount, you will also learn the riding skill for free. To start, go to a Warlock trainer in any major city. They will give you a quest to travel to Ratchet, and to speak with Strahad Farsan. Talk to Strahad, and he will teach you Summon Felsteed along with the Apprentice riding skill. Congratulations, you have your first mount!
This is quite a long and expensive quest, but is still cheaper than buying your epic mount through the normal vendors and trainers. Below is the list of materials that you will need for the quest, and it is generally recommended to have these ready beforehand.
- At least 150g, but 400g if you do not have a Warlock friend to help who has the necessary summoning materials.
- 35x Black Dragonscale
- 10x Elixir of Shadow Power
- 6x Large Brilliant Shard
- 25x Dark Iron Ore
- 3x Arcanite Bar
In addition to what is above, the last part of the quest involves a summoning ritual with several required reagents. In total these materials will cost about 250g, but performing the summoning does not actually consume the materials. This means that if you can find a Warlock who has already done the quest and is willing to help you, you can save 250g by having them perform the summoning using their materials.
To start the quest for your Dreadsteed, visit the Demon trainer in either Ironforge or Stormwind at level 60. Pick up the quest Mor'zul Bloodbringer.
- Find Mor'zul Bloodbringer in the Burning Steppes. He will give you the quest Rage of Blood which will send you to Winterspring to kill owlbeasts for their blood. Before going to Winterspring, also pick up the quest Lord Banehollow from Gorzeeki Wildeyes. You will also need to purchase a Shadowy Potion from them before leaving, to be used later in the quest. Once you have the potions, travel to Winterspring to collect the 30 Raging Beast's Blood from the owlbeasts.
- After collecting the bloods, go to Felwood and find Jaedenar's Shadow Hold. Make your way inside while under the effect of the Shadowy Potion, and find Lord Banehollow at the end. Pick up the quest Ulathek the Traitor from him.
- Find Ulathek in the eastern side of the Shadow Hold. Kill him and loot his heart. Return to Lord Banehollow with the heart.
- Get the new quest Xorothian Stardust, which requires you to purchase a Xorothian Stardust from Ur'dan, who is right nearby. The stardust costs 150g, but is required to complete the quest and eventually obtain the mount.
- Once you complete the quest, return to Gorzeeki Wildeyes in the Burning Steppes.
The quest line above is part 1 of the quest chain. For part 2, you will make use of the materials in the shopping list above. Pick up the three quests Bell of Dethmoora, Wheel of the Black March, and Doomsday Candle from Gorzeeki Wildeyes. If you have all of the required materials, this should just be a matter of turning in the quests fright back to Gorzeeki Wildeyes. There will be one final quest Arcanite, but that just involves turning in the Arcanite Bars.
- Pick up the quest Imp Delivery from Gorzeeki Wildeyes. This quest will take you to Scholomance. You will need to clear the dungeon with a group, and eventually find the room that Ras Frostwhisper is in. Clear the room, then use the Imp in a Jar. The Imp will create the parchment that you need, so once you have it you can return to Gorzeeki Wildeyes.
- Talk to Mor'zul Bloodbringer and accept the quest Dreadsteed of Xoroth. You will need three items to summon the Dreadsteed, which you can either buy from Gorzeeki Wildeyes for 250g or you can use a Warlock that already has them to summon the Dreadsteed for you.
- Once you have the materials or another Warlock that has them, go to Dire Maul West. You will need to clear your way through the dungeon to get to the Prison of Immol'thar. If you are unfamiliar with how the dungeon works, check out the Dire Maul West guide, but you will need to kill Immol'thar at the end of the instance.
- You will need to begin the ritual by using the J'eevee's Jar in the center of the pedestal. This will begin the summoning sequence, which lasts a little more than 5 minutes.
This ritual can be quite challenging, but Warlocks in your group will have some nice buffs during the ritual. Having more Warlocks to help you will make this easier. During the ritual you will want to clear our the small adds quickly while focusing down the larger elite adds that spawn. Warlocks can use Enslave Demon and Banish to make this easier. During this process the ritual power nodes around the circle will sometimes become inactive and need to be reactivated. To reactivate them, you will need to have the Black Lodestone and use a Soul Shard to perform a 3-second cast that will reactivate it. These are high priority, since if all three nodes become inactive the ritual will fail and need to be restarted. After awhile all the runes will appear around the border, and the demons will stop spawning. Take this time to drink and eat, recharge any nodes, and then use the Xorothian Glyphs to summon the Xorothian Dreadsteed. Kill the Dreadsteed and kill the elite demon that spawns during the fight. Once both are dead, talk to the Dreadsteed Spirit that should have spawned to complete the quest.
Congratulations, you now have an epic mount!
Starting at level 50 Warlocks have the option to learn to summon an Infernal. You can start this quest by going to Felwood and talking with Niby the Almighty. After talking with Niby and his Imp, they will ask you to bring back three Fel Essences from various places around Azeroth.
- First you will want to find Flawless Fel Essence (Jaedenar) in Felwood. You will need to kill Jaedenar Legionnaires, which can be found at a village southwest of Niby.
- Next you will want to go to Azshara to get Flawless Fel Essence (Azshara). To get it, you will need to kill the Legashi enemies found in northern Azshara.
- For the last essence, you will need to travel to the Dark Portal in Blasted Lands. To get the Flawless Fel Essence (Dark Portal) you will need to kill some Felguard Sentry.
Once you collect all three essences, return to Niby. You will then need to summon an Infernal, kill it, and then deliver the core to Niby. He will then teach you the spell Inferno.
Sunken Temple Quests
- Pick up An Imp's Request from a Warlock trainer in any major city.
- Buy a Felcloth from the Auction House (or not if you already have one) and bring it to Impsy in the center of Felwood.
- Pick up the quest The Wrong Stuff from Impsy. For the quest, you will need to farm the required materials from the Irontree treants that can be found in the North of Felwood at Irontree Wood. The Bloodvenom Essence however are from the Oozes that can be found right near where Impsy is.
- Once you have the materials, return to Impsy. He will give you the quest Trolls of a Feather, which will have you go to the Sunken Temple.
- Travel to the Temple of Atal'Hakkar and do the dungeon. Inside, you will need to loot several feathers from the various bosses. As long as you clear the dungeon and loot each boss, you will get them all.
- Return to Impsy and choose between Soul Harvester, Abyss Shard, and Robes of Servitude as your reward.
- 26 Feb. 2020: Added Sunken Temple and epic mount quests.
- 23 Sep. 2019: Guide added.
- The New Battle.net Is Almost Here, Going Live in NA
- World's Fastest Naxxramas Speed Clear By Salad Bakers
- Merry Christmas from the Icy Veins Team!
- The "Final Boss of Classic": Level 1 Raid Takes on Hogger
- We Might Be Hearing About Burning Crusade Classic by the End of the Year? (Rumor)
- Blizzard Sending Out New Surveys About "Classic" Version of The Burning Crusade
- Activision Blizzard's Stock Reached All-Time Highs
- Cyberpunk 2077 Wiki from IcyWiki
- TBC Transition+
- [H][EU][Skullflame] Impact Recruiting to raid Naxx Wednesday and Sunday
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- Shadowlands Threads of Fate Question
- Power Word: Shield Macro
- Looking for an addon or someone to make it
- The Best PvP weapon in classic for a warrior ?
- [Q]Opener Trinket Swap