Dire Maul Dungeon Guides Hub
Dire Maul is a set of old Night Elf ruins that have long fallen to the elements, now nothing but a small remnant of a once great city. The city has now been taken over and divided between numerous races into three wings, with the dead Kaldorei even coming back to reclaim part of their home.
Dire Maul Location
Dire Maul is located in Feralas, between the Alliance and Horde hubs. To get there, simply head to the central path of Feralas and head north until you find Dire Maul. The instance entrances are spread around the centre arena.
Unlocking the North and West Wings
Just as in the Scarlet Monastery, Dire Maul has 2 wings that are locked and cannot be accessed without a key or a Rogue with a high enough Lockpicking skill.
We have a detailed walkthrough on how to obtain the key from the East wing, which you can read in our Dire Maul East Guide.
Dire Maul is an abandoned Night Elf city located in Feralas that has now been overrun by ogres, demons, and the undead spirits of the Highborne who once lived there.
The North wing is known as the Gordok Commons and is home to the largest Gordok Ogre population. They have made their home here, with their leader, King Gordok, holding the throne inside the instance.
The East Wing is known as Warpwood Quarter and is held by a group of satyrs lead by Alzzin the Wildshaper. His power has caused the local nature to lose control and the area is teeming with crazed elementals, satyrs, and demons that are all out for blood.
The final wing, the West wing, is known as Capital Gardens. It houses the spirits of the Highborne who once inhabited Dire Maul, as well as an extremely powerful demon by the name of Immol'thar. Immol'thar is trapped by the Prince of the Shen'dralar, Prince Tortheldrin, and his power is being drained to sustain the immortality of Tortheldrin and his remaining loyalists.
For the quests in the dungeon, we have put together a full guide that goes over each wing, as well as the class book quests.
Class Book Quests
The class book quests in Dire Maul allow players to obtain a class-specific trinket that is a variant of the Royal Seal of Eldre'Thalas, with an equip effect that is tailored to their class.
We have a full list of the books, their related quests, and the trinkets in our quest guide.
The Quel'Serrar questline is available with the release of Dire Maul and, while it mainly takes place in Onyxia's Lair, players will have to venture into Dire Maul to obtain the sword.
Dire Maul houses members of the Shen'dralar, an ancient group of Night Elves that still live within the ancient city's ruins. You can find out more about them, as well as how to gain reputation with them, in our reputation guide.
- 18 Oct. 2019: Added section on unlocking the North and West wings.
- 15 Oct. 2019: Page added.
- Season of Mastery First Ragnaros Kill and Molten Core Clear
- The Fastest Claws on Azeroth: 520% Haste Bear
- Icy Veins Black Friday Giveaway Ends Today!
- Icy Veins Black Friday Giveaway!
- Activision Blizzard Announces Formation of a Workplace Responsibility Committee
- The Terror of Soul of Iron: Messages After Teremus Takes Down Many Players in Stormwind
- The First (Two) Hardcore/Soul of Iron Season of Mastery Level 60ies
- Ahn'Qiraj Event Ambushes Player, Then Runs Away
- Melee Hunter Guide - Playing World of Warcraft as a Melee Hunter
- Jailer is in ICC!
- A-Whitemane-OHANA 8/10
- Shaman Tank Guide - Playing WoW as a Shaman Tank
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?
- Hunter Macros for TBC Cassic?
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- When will we see a pre-patch tbc page?