Warlock Class Overview
Warlocks were mages that delved too deeply into the roots of demonic power. Consumed by a lust for dark knowledge, they've tapped into chaotic magics from beyond the world. The Burning Legion now feeds them their powers, allowing them to channel destructive energies and call upon the powerful emissaries of their demon masters.
Races for Warlocks
Warlocks have 3 talent specializations: Affliction, Demonology, and Destruction.
- Affliction — This specialization focuses on amplifying the Warlock's damage over time, rather than direct damage.
- Demonology — This specialization mainly increases the damage of the demons a Warlock can summon, as well as making sure the Warlock itself has more survivability.
- Destruction — For Destruction Warlocks, fiery, catastrophic damage is of paramount importance and their talent tree reflects it.
Resources as a Warlock
The primary resource used by Warlock is Mana in all specializations.
Gearing a Warlock
Warlocks are only able to wear Cloth armour in Classic.
Warlocks are able to use Daggers, Staves, Swords (One-handed), and Wands.
In order to learn skills and skill ranks, you will need to go to a Warlock trainer. Below is a list of all the trainers available to the Alliance and Horde.
Alliance Warlock Trainers
- Alamar Grimm — Dun Morogh
- Alexander Calder — Ironforge
- Briarthorn — Ironforge
- Demisette Cloyce — Stormwind City
- Drusilla La Salle — Elwynn Forest
- Gimrizz Shadowcog — Dun Morogh
- Maximillian Crowe — Elwynn Forest
- Sandahl — Stormwind City
- Thistleheart — Ironforge
- Ursula Deline — Stormwind City
Horde Warlock Trainers
- Dhugru Gorelust — Durotar
- Grol'dar — Orgrimmar
- Kaal Soulreaper — Undercity
- Kartosh — Swamp of Sorrows
- Luther Pickman — Undercity
- Maximillion — Tirisfal Glades
- Mirket — Orgrimmar
- Nartok — Durotar
- Richard Kerwin — Undercity
- Rupert Boch — Tirisfal Glades
- Zevrost — Orgrimmar
Warlock Guides for World of Warcraft: Classic
For information on how best to play your Warlock in Classic, you can check out the following guides.
- Warlock DPS Guide for PvE
- Warlock PvP Guide
- Warlock Leveling Guide
- Addons and Macros Guide for Warlocks
- Making Gold as a Warlock
- 29 Sep. 2019: Updated trainer locations.
- 26 Aug. 2019: Removed mention of Dwarves and replaced with Gnomes.
- 25 Aug. 2019: Guide added.
- Phase 3, Patch 1.13.3 Known Issues List: Dec 10th
- Warsong Gulch Vendor Details and Clarification
- Warsong Gulch and Alterac Valley Guides and Official Preview
- WoW Classic Honor Calculation Bug Update: December 9th
- Classic Phase 3 and Patch 1.13.3 Notes
- Why Diablo 2 Still Holds Up After 20 Years - Book Excerpt
- BlizzCon Winning Cosplays Interview
- Detailed Honor System Clarifications and Stats Issues Addressed
- Quests Completed for Classic
- Weapon swing Timers
- Shaman Tank Guide - Serious Look at Shaman Tanking in World of Warcraft
- Pet Talent redo
- Classic honor system
- Pet Aggro vs Hunter Aggro
- Classic: Lock Spell Damage question
- New Expansion